• 70(current)
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
(2012-07-14, 21:42)solidsatras Wrote: This time just a very quick and dirty test of v.2.7.0:

- Update Database
- Automatic Search of all items

One thing that caught my inexperienced eye:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><error><text>Your requests are exceeding the allowable rate limit (22.3, limit is 22.0 per 20 seconds). Please see http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/XMLWebService for more information.</text><text>For usage, please see: http://musicbrainz.org/development/mmd</text></error>
Here is a full debug log
Thanks, I'll have look in to why the script is hitting MusicBrainz with out a delay.
Quote:Besides that is seems to work just fine. Is there no progress bar for the "clean music option" or isn´t that implemented yet?
That is triggering a default XBMC function, which doesn't have a progress bar(try activating from XBMC's music settings)

while trying a different (easier) way to crop cdart i messed one up and forgot to delete the background (the square around the circular image) . i noticed straight away and fixed it but now it still shows the square on the main menu . in visulisation its fine . how can i fix this ?
i also tried deleting the album from the library and updated library again but its still the same . has it copied the first one i tried (the messed up one) to somewhere ?
Do you use one of the templates listed on the first page of this thread? Honestly they are the best way to get the desired views.

Also XBMC does cache the images, it can take upto 24 hrs for it to be replaced.
thanks that saves me hours of searching lol . i tried with the templates . not sure if i`m using different versions of photoshop and gimp because as i was trying to follow the instructions the versions i have didnt look the same as on the instructions . also i`ve never used those kind of programs before using layers etc . just been using photoshop`s eliptical select tool and leaving the inner circle there cos i cant see it when its playing music anyway . i`m using aeon mq3
Nice job giftie, for missing.txt file is working fine with a smb share. With that I can complete my library with the missing cover for the moment.

Another problem is always with the blink-182 group, it grab the MBID but not the cdart and folder... I grab that manually. And always for Beyoncé... Fanart problem?

All my "All artists" button doesn't wor, it doesn't search, instantly it display "0 artwork downloaded".

And if I remember (because I'm not at home), when I click on the "Album Artists" for the Fanart background, at the end, it doesn't show the popup to said it finished...

Thanks again, Big Grin
(2012-07-17, 08:55)Hellnino18 Wrote: Nice job giftie, for missing.txt file is working fine with a smb share. With that I can complete my library with the missing cover for the moment.

Another problem is always with the blink-182 group, it grab the MBID but not the cdart and folder... I grab that manually. And always for Beyoncé... Fanart problem?
For the most part it is fanart.tv's problem since the script get the most up to date MBID from MusicBrainz and fanart.tv does not seem to update the MBIDs. Though there is a work around Smile I add the ability to change the MBID in cdART Manager. Advanced -> Modify Local Database -> Edit Artist/Edit Album -> Change MBID(Edit Album also has two sub selections Select Artist and select album)

The only problem is that I forgot to finish the manual entry method. Big Grin This is what you would use to match up the MBIDs with those on fanart.tv. I just noticed it wasn't finished when I was trying to give you directions on how to do it. Fixed it as well before I finished this message. Smile I hope to have a test version, that fixes the few bugs mentioned, up soon.

Quote:All my "All artists" button doesn't wor, it doesn't search, instantly it display "0 artwork downloaded".
Make sure you enable 'Add all artists to Database during Database Build or update' This will tell the script to get the compilation artists as well. You will need to do a database update as well(Advanced -> Modify Local Database -> Update Database)
Quote:And if I remember (because I'm not at home), when I click on the "Album Artists" for the Fanart background, at the end, it doesn't show the popup to said it finished...

Thanks again, Big Grin

Just ran through all of the auto downloads and they all show the Dialog at the end. If you're still having issues, please post a debug log, as there may be a bug causing the Dialog not to show.
I need to create a function to "merge" mbid's just not sure how I'm going to do it yet
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
(2012-07-18, 11:02)Kode Wrote: I need to create a function to "merge" mbid's just not sure how I'm going to do it yet

To get the updated MBID the old one can be sent to MusicBrainz and it will return the Current MBID.

Example: Beyoncé
Code:
http://www.musicbrainz.org/ws/2/artist/183105b5-3e68-4748-9086-2c1c11bf7a3d
Returns
Code:
<metadata><artist type="Person" id="859d0860-d480-4efd-970c-c05d5f1776b8"><name>Beyoncé Knowles</name><sort-name>Knowles, Beyoncé</sort-name><disambiguation>use "Beyoncé" for artist and performance credits</disambiguation><ipi>00341826274</ipi><ipi-list><ipi>00341826274</ipi></ipi-list><gender>Female</gender><country>US</country><life-span><begin>1981-09-04</begin></life-span></artist></metadata>

Release groups handle it same way, it will send back the current MBID.
Not sure how to implement it though(Site side, script has it already built in.)
The newest test version is available now -> https://github.com/downloads/Giftie/scri....2.7.1.zip

Fixes some of the errors posted.
(2012-07-21, 17:52)giftie Wrote: The newest test version is available now -> https://github.com/downloads/Giftie/scri....2.7.1.zip

and here we go again:
cdArt_v.2.7.1 update database, automatic searches

Good news, the delay problem is gone Smile

I noticed that the automatic search for ClearLogos is finished instantly. Is this really working? A manual search works just fine.
Just wondering, I didn´t cross check if there are new logos on fanart.tv

Do I have a permission problem or why is my log spammed with this?
Code:
22:53:49 T:4644   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.cdartmanager\temp\cdart.png

Thx for all your hard work Wink
(2012-07-21, 23:16)solidsatras Wrote:
(2012-07-21, 17:52)giftie Wrote: The newest test version is available now -> https://github.com/downloads/Giftie/scri....2.7.1.zip

and here we go again:
cdArt_v.2.7.1 update database, automatic searches

Good news, the delay problem is gone Smile
One down Smile
Quote:I noticed that the automatic search for ClearLogos is finished instantly. Is this really working? A manual search works just fine.
Just wondering, I didn´t cross check if there are new logos on fanart.tv
The log shows that it check the files and did not find any new ones to download. I changed how the script stores the artists that it matches with fanart.tv. Before it used to check every time you asked it to download, or even when you selected 'Select Artist' It now only checks at the start of the script, a database build and a database update. This really reduces the amount of time needed(also part of the script moving to do a one button download for all)
Quote:Do I have a permission problem or why is my log spammed with this?
Code:
22:53:49 T:4644   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.cdartmanager\temp\cdart.png
This is because you are using Windows.. Smile Since you have 'Overwrite low-res existing cdARTs' enables in settings, the script needs to copy the file over to an local folder to check the dimensions of the artwork(cdART and covers) then I always have been taught to delete what I move Smile so it will try to delete it before it checks the next file. Windows will often lock this file longer than the script needs it causing the error. At the moment, the part of the script that checks image dimensions is not able to access the VFS system of XBMC, thats the reason for the copy. The script should copy the next file over the previous on anyways, so this should not be a problem.

Thanks giftie, it's ok for me for the "All Artists" problem, with the new version. It's cool too for the manual entry, I tried to edit Beyoncé MBID with the old one, and it's ok.

And the "Report" for the Background is displayed to the end. Everything is great for me.

Many many thanks!!
Hi there giftie, awesome updates just one small question, is it necessary to have to mbid's for your albums if you make your own cdart and have your own custom nfos and tag each one with a hi res cover?? (Altering or checking mbid's for artists is great BTW)
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
(2012-07-26, 19:36)leepenny Wrote: Hi there giftie, awesome updates just one small question, is it necessary to have to mbid's for your albums if you make your own cdart and have your own custom nfos and tag each one with a hi res cover?? (Altering or checking mbid's for artists is great BTW)

No you shouldn't need to have a MBID for an album.. cdART Manager keeps checking to see if there is an MBID available for Artist and Albums(if the option is enabled in settings.) cdART Manager will only replace low res artwork(less than 1000x1000), also only if the setting is enabled Smile
Trying to install 2.7.1 on OpenElec Eden from zip file gives me the error "dependencies not met"?

From looking back through the thread I see a similar error was present in 2.5.1 but was resolved. I presume this is a similar issue, with hopefully a similar easy fix?
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script6