Eden stable build with some tweaks (libass fix, keypress repeat & volume ctrl)
I am having an issue when using the additional controls when using a Harmony remote.

The play and pause buttons cause the video to skip like crazy. Only way to fix it is to stop the video and restart it.
i get the same error with the continuous play/pause repeated presses. might be a bug.
Can I still use a keymap.xml file to change the behavior of the the up and down arrows during playback with this build?

The reason I ask is that I like the fixes you have in this build but I dont need the volume control. I'd rather have large and small skips on the up and down arrows like I have on all the other XBMC boxes in the house.
Yep the play pause thingy is a bug. And its fixed in mainline.

@linusyang get the Controller.mm from mainline for fixing that issue.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-07-17, 10:09)Memphiz Wrote: Yep the play pause thingy is a bug. And its fixed in mainline.

@linusyang get the Controller.mm from mainline for fixing that issue.

No problem. Fix will arrive soon. Big Grin
Take 3 is coming!
Using the patch by @Memphiz here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/4ef8...efdccbdd38
Play/Pause button repeated presses issue should be fixed.

Download page: http://code.google.com/p/yangapp/downloa...os-arm.deb
All patches used upon Eden are here: http://code.google.com/p/yangapp/downloa...atches.zip

Thanks for the feedback, buddies! Smile
quick test of take3. play/pause is fixed, but volume repeated press doesn't work. i have a 3rd party remote with the volume keys setup. the volume repeat worked in the last release, but of course the play/pause had a bug. repeat press it seems to be disabled all together in this release.
(2012-07-17, 18:19)Meez Wrote: quick test of take3. play/pause is fixed, but volume repeated press doesn't work. i have a 3rd party remote with the volume keys setup. the volume repeat worked in the last release, but of course the play/pause had a bug. repeat press it seems to be disabled all together in this release.

Hi Meez,

Thanks for your testing. But volume repeated press not working is really strange. Mine works as well in Take 3. I use the original Apple Remote and in the movie player interface, pressing up or down keys will change the volume continually as expected. Confused

@Memphiz's fix only makes cursor keys (up/down/left/right) able to repeat. So special keys will be disabled. I think this way is safer and could avoid some annoying bugs.
I just installed your new take 3 from the google download page. when it loads up sys info, it shows the version as Git:Stable linusyang (build: Jun22 2012) but on your Google page it is 7/17. is this ok?
Volume up down on the apple control work perfect, the repeat function also worked, as I have a big list of shows this really help for scolling hundreds files! big thanks! Not sure what the play/pause bug means but it pause and resume just fine.
ASS subtitle stutter is fixed but I was hoping external SRT sub can also be fixed but unfortunately SRT subtitle still stutters under this build. I was using Chinese sub titles.
linusyang was to lazy to run make -C tools/darwin/depends/xbmc for updating the builddate Big Grin
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-07-19, 03:23)basslover Wrote: I just installed your new take 3 from the google download page. when it loads up sys info, it shows the version as Git:Stable linusyang (build: Jun22 2012) but on your Google page it is 7/17. is this ok?
Volume up down on the apple control work perfect, the repeat function also worked, as I have a big list of shows this really help for scolling hundreds files! big thanks! Not sure what the play/pause bug means but it pause and resume just fine.
ASS subtitle stutter is fixed but I was hoping external SRT sub can also be fixed but unfortunately SRT subtitle still stutters under this build. I was using Chinese sub titles.

Hi basslover,

That is OK with the old build date. Just like what Memphiz says, I rushed to release take 3 and was too lazy to renew build date since the fix only affects one single file, XBMCController.mm. Smile

SRT subtitles usually can be displayed smoothly. I think your SRT subtitle issue may be related to your video file's encode. If the video is software decoded, there may be not enough CPU to parse subtitle. I also have external Chinese subtitles played without stuttering. P.S. My video is H.264 720p with aac audio which can benefit from hardware decode acceleration.
Just wanted to say thanks again for the awesome build. This is perfect for me now that the play/pause bug is fixed.
Is anyone having a hissing sound coming through any video you play? I never remember experiencing this and its very noticeable now.
Seems like some nice work was done. Cheers.

I'd like to change my XBMC (Eden, ATV2) so that I can adjust the volume. I see that there's a patch released. How exactly do I apply it?
(2012-07-23, 07:21)aiccucs Wrote: Is anyone having a hissing sound coming through any video you play? I never remember experiencing this and its very noticeable now.

Perhaps something wrong with the HDMI cable? Um... Have you compared with other version's XBMC? Does this issue still exist?
(2012-07-23, 14:30)Ferdi-T Wrote: Seems like some nice work was done. Cheers.

I'd like to change my XBMC (Eden, ATV2) so that I can adjust the volume. I see that there's a patch released. How exactly do I apply it?

@Ferdi-T, just install the .deb package and you're good to go with all improvements mentioned above. The patch files are only useful for someone who wants to build this Eden version on his own. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden stable build with some tweaks (libass fix, keypress repeat & volume ctrl)3