• 2(current)
TheAudioDB.com - The Open Audio Database (wiki-based, register and contribute)
(2012-07-15, 11:08)bandelguy Wrote: The site should consider adding movie soundtracks.

That's absolutely fine as long as the OST was produced by one artist. Just find the MusicBrainz Release-group ID and add it to that artist.

If its a VA album then no, that's not allowed. Due to the way TheAudioDB was designed, I'm not sure VA albums will ever be supported sorry.
This is a great addition for XBMC. Is there any way that someone could create a script/addon that would say look at my audio metadata (or any metadata) that I have and upload any missing metadata to this site?
(2012-07-17, 18:29)murd0ck Wrote: This is a great addition for XBMC. Is there any way that someone could create a script/addon that would say look at my audio metadata (or any metadata) that I have and upload any missing metadata to this site?

I doubt it, we already have 4 or 5 regular contributors to the site. Its all about getting quality users updating the site as a group effort.

Anything automatic you loose that and run the risk of getting bad metadata.

The people helping already have specific interests such as 70s rock music, specific bands and Movie soundtracks. Its working really well so far and I have no doubt the site will be completed and up-to-date in a few months. We already have 10% of bands totally complete.
Implemented a few more cool features today.

- Upcoming Live shows (thx songkick)
- Music Charts
- Music Videos now have an icon next to the track name
- You can now add EP albums

Example here

http://www.theaudiodb.com/artist/Coldplay
I've done loads of work on the content in the last few days (over 12,000 edits!!). And other users have been helping too.

Most popular artist/albums should now have covers and descriptions. There are also loads of new youtube links for the new music video scraper to use.

Still need people to sign up and add their own favourite artist data to get a broader range.

The scraper is very very fast by the way, its well worth checking out Smile
1018 Artist biographies completed out of a potential 1333

76% - going well

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Music banners have recently been added to fanart.tv so I've also added the functionality to TheAudioDB

- Add music Banner support
- improved the speed of the API by using myisam mysql connection and better indexing

http://www.theaudiodb.com/artist/EELS

Now all we need is xbmc to support Indexing music by first letter and we could have a really nice way to browse music artists Smile
Is there any chance to add Discogs support for adding new albums/DVDs? It also works with individual releases nrs

From my point of view, Discogs has more information and more updated than Musicbrainz; at least for electronic music...

Smile
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
(2012-09-10, 15:19)Ovokx Wrote: Is there any chance to add Discogs support for adding new albums/DVDs? It also works with individual releases nrs

From my point of view, Discogs has more information and more updated than Musicbrainz; at least for electronic music...

Smile

Yeh I'm a masive EDM fan and did wonder but I couldn't find any discogs unique ID to work with.

Musicbrainz is pretty much the standard these days especially as XBMC will very soon support the tags.

Hopefully in time theaudiodb will become the standard for information about artists and the best resource. Discogs I think deals much more with singles and rarer releases.
(2012-09-10, 19:35)zag Wrote:
(2012-09-10, 15:19)Ovokx Wrote: Is there any chance to add Discogs support for adding new albums/DVDs? It also works with individual releases nrs

Smile

Yeh I'm a masive EDM fan and did wonder but I couldn't find any discogs unique ID to work with.

Each release has a unique ID nr at the end of the URL (similar to IMDB). For example:

PHP Code:
http://www.discogs.com/Steve-Bug-Collaboratory/release/1809847 

And also have an unique ID for master releases (used for same album released in different labels/dates/conditions. For example:

PHP Code:
http://www.discogs.com/Steve-Bug-Collaboratory/master/165630 
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
Thanks!

I'll look into it. The reviews could be very useful.
New Feature - Show Completeness of record
This feature will show a percentage bar at the bottom of the artist to show how much information for an artist has been completed.

It will check if this data exists and change the bar accordingly:
Logo
Fanart
Banner
Genre
Mvids
Loves
Origin

Example of a 100% record
http://www.theaudiodb.com/artist/Pendulum
Hit 5 Million API calls today. Not bad for 2 months in existance Smile

XBMC must have a rather large userbase!
The site should have a record label field. Like the release group id fetches album release from musicbrainz, it should automatically fetch label info too. Theaudiodb.com scraper for albums doesn't pick up any label field from musicbrainz either. The scraper should have provision for fetching record label too
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
(2012-09-19, 12:20)bandelguy Wrote: The site should have a record label field. Like the release group id fetches album release from musicbrainz, it should automatically fetch label info too. Theaudiodb.com scraper for albums doesn't pick up any label field from musicbrainz either. The scraper should have provision for fetching record label too

I couldn't agree more
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheAudioDB.com - The Open Audio Database (wiki-based, register and contribute)2