• 58(current)
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator
(2012-07-16, 19:18)Kafluke Wrote: Can't seem to get any channels to work at all. But I see posts from people that are watching today. What do I need to do to fix?

2 devices:

AppleTV = not working
Galaxy s3 = not working

XBMC works great on both these devices. Just Free Cable doesn't play.

I'd hold off until XBMC for Android is released before trying to get help with it. As a quick guess though, I'm not sure what Flash/Librtmp you have/need to access many of these channels.

As far as AppleTV goes, I'd have to agree with the previous poster. On the forums, there are updated librtmp files compiled for AppleTV (Daily Show & ESPN3 threads might be a good place to look).
there is also a pinned post and wiki article.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=librtmp

I haven't tested anything on android. I have a hp touchpad that runs cm9 but that is my only android device. I will try to put XBMC on there later and see how it goes.

Some would work with the old librtmp anyway. Some are http so it wouldn't matter. Specifics are required to solve any problems. People too often say nothing works with out knowing that isn't a helpful statement. I know they have never tried everything. If a specific things don't work for you then I need to know those specific things.

Edit: Wow xbmc works really well on android. I wasn't able to watch amazon or hulu because of the librtmp version in the apk I used. I just tested ABC streams and the work ok with the old librtmp. I am looking into compiling an updated librtmp. hopefully it will be easy since it is linux based.
(2012-07-16, 16:29)cmckitterick Wrote:
(2012-07-13, 17:59)BlueCop Wrote: 1. Comedy Central - Native librtmp will have issues(Not sure if swfverify2). It needs some updates for comedycentral.com hosted shows. I will look into this more later

Oddly enough, I can run both South Park Studios and the Daily Show plugin with the patches found here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1119907

and here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1124302

It seems likely that the changes to get the Comedy Central station working with an updated rtmp wouldn't be too drastic.

Thanks for the tip. I was able to avoid rtmp and fix Comedy Central, TV Land, VH1, and Spike. I committed the update last night and set their default to enabled.

You might have to go in and enable them manually in settings because they were defaulted to disabled before.

I would just reset the default settings and it will enable the right stations.

There is also some station clean-up and expansion. ABC now lists all episodes and clips( still has alternate rss mode in advanced settings). ABC Family clips are also fixed. There are more fixes but I don't recall. I had been working a lot on meta-date fixes to properly identify episodes for library export. It has been harder then I originally thought.
Is there an issue with Nat Geo? All the streams seem to stop after a minute for me.

Edit: My bad. This seems to be an issue you are aware of.
shaneob86: yes that is why it is disabled by default.

It gives the reason it is disabled next to the button to enable it in the settings. It is odd that it got enabled without being seen. I think something wonky is going on with enabling and disabling station defaults.

make sure to reset defaults and then make any changes.

Oh i forgot I made the proxy setting global and not specific to CBS. You can enable it and try out what you want.
can this be a source for new content? I just saw this in an article. It is not exactly cable, but could be where it is headed to Smile If it does not make sense to add it, I at least hope someone finds some use there.
(2012-07-18, 00:29)BlueCop Wrote: shaneob86: yes that is why it is disabled by default.

Oh ok. I went into settings and re-enabled it without giving much thought to it. There wasn't the explanation as to why it was disabled when I did it so that's where the confusion arose.

Keep up the great work.
Tried using the Free Cable add-on yesterday and it's not working. Worked fine the day before. What's the problem and is anyone else having same problem?
I am having an issues with Free Cable Add-On for my Apple TV. I can see all the menus and sub menus (including screen shot of the episode I want to watch). However, when I click to watch either nothing happens (I get a script erro that says to check the log) or the intial screen shows for about 2 seconds then kicks me back out to the menu. My Free cable has automatically updated several times but none of the issues have been resolved.

Any help would greatly be appreaciated. I am not a tech genius but hope I can resolve with a little help. I love this add on and it so much easier to use than hunting through naxi x. Everything worked fine until about 2 months ago.
kflanagan73: no offense but the post doesn't help. there aren't any specifics or logs.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Enable debug logging in XBMC; exit XBMC; restart XBMC; wait a couple of minutes; launch Free Cable TV add-on and attempt to watch a show; upon script error, exit XBMC immediately; locate your debug log (wiki) and upload it to a public paste site (such as www.pastebin.com, www.xbmclogs.com); post the URL assigned to your log in your reply here.
Ok. How do I get to the logs to post them. Like I said new to this. Had a friend jailbreak the apple tv. Thanks for the help.
Click the debug log (wiki) link in my previous post or this post,
(2012-07-19, 19:47)artrafael Wrote: Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Enable debug logging in XBMC; exit XBMC; restart XBMC; wait a couple of minutes; launch Free Cable TV add-on and attempt to watch a show; upon script error, exit XBMC immediately; locate your debug log (wiki) and upload it to a public paste site (such as www.pastebin.com, www.xbmclogs.com); post the URL assigned to your log in your reply here.

Will do. Once I have all that I will log int he information. Thanks again.
(2012-07-19, 19:28)OldeSkool1 Wrote: Tried using the Free Cable add-on yesterday and it's not working. Worked fine the day before. What's the problem and is anyone else having same problem?

Welcome to the XBMC forums.

This is a problem with a specific Video add-on and you'll get better support posting in that forum, specifically in the [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator thread. Go to today's posts and refer to the instructions I provided in this post for another member who's having problems with this add-on.

NOTE: This reply originally was to a thread posted in another forum that has since been moved/merged into this Free Cable TV thread.
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator10