• 3(current)
Win HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
(2012-07-07, 08:08)AltecDK Wrote: Can someone please help me to get Bitstreaming working on my setup.
Intel i3 2120
ASRock B75M
Intel HD 2000 graphics installed.
Onkyo TX-NR579

I install the XBMC version from the start of this guide, configure XBMC Audio output as per the picture.

But when I play a movie with DTS HD-MA or TrueHD my Onkyo receiver doesn't play any sound and the video is very laggy, like in slow motion, and I get an error message as per my below pictures.
I can play a movie with regular DTS or Dolby Digital OK with no lag issues.

I am having the exact same problem, the only difference is my setup isn't intel.
It used to work fine but after the last few releases it has stopped working
(2012-07-19, 23:52){{INX}} Wrote:
(2012-07-07, 08:08)AltecDK Wrote: Can someone please help me to get Bitstreaming working on my setup.
Intel i3 2120
ASRock B75M
Intel HD 2000 graphics installed.
Onkyo TX-NR579

I install the XBMC version from the start of this guide, configure XBMC Audio output as per the picture.

But when I play a movie with DTS HD-MA or TrueHD my Onkyo receiver doesn't play any sound and the video is very laggy, like in slow motion, and I get an error message as per my below pictures.
I can play a movie with regular DTS or Dolby Digital OK with no lag issues.
I am having the exact same problem, the only difference is my setup isn't intel.
It used to work fine but after the last few releases it has stopped working
Make sure that your GPU driver is up to date......you can give the latest Nightlie a try too....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Ok I have updated Realtek Drivers and AMD/ATI GPU Drivers and still no luck.

Also I have tried.
3. Disable DXVA2 and everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback ------------- used to work fine with these settings on
4. Disable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output
5. Select "High Performance" power option in W7 control panel
6. Turn off UAC "Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows 7"
7. Configure TX-NR579 to pass-through video'

Installed latest nightly today as well.

Oh and the Machine Spec is: AMD A6-3650 APU with AMD Radeon HD 6530D

Log file of latest xbmc attempt: http://pastebin.com/EBXp1EsG
(2012-07-20, 01:12){{INX}} Wrote: Ok I have updated Realtek Drivers and AMD/ATI GPU Drivers and still no luck.

Also I have tried.
3. Disable DXVA2 and everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback ------------- used to work fine with these settings on
4. Disable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output
5. Select "High Performance" power option in W7 control panel
6. Turn off UAC "Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows 7"
7. Configure TX-NR579 to pass-through video'

Installed latest nightly today as well.

Oh and the Machine Spec is: AMD A6-3650 APU with AMD Radeon HD 6530D

Log file of latest xbmc attempt: http://pastebin.com/EBXp1EsG
AMD is a little different, and you don't need to configure it the same way as Intel......try these below...

1. Un-install Realtek
2. Update AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect
3. Select AMD HDMI audio output in control panel
4. Enable DXVA2
5. Select WASAP: TX-NR579 (AMD High Definition.....) XBMC audio output

Thanks Bluray,

1. Un-install Realtek --------------------Done
2. Update AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect --------------------Done
3. Select AMD HDMI audio output in control panel --------------------If you mean in windows/control panel/sounds. The option is no longer there since removing the Realtek drivers
4. Enable DXVA2 --------------------Done
5. Select WASAP: TX-NR579 (AMD High Definition.....) XBMC audio output --------------------Done sort of, but instead it came up with what looks to be a mac address of the amp on both audio output and the passthrough setting with no other option available.

But after all this, the DTS MA tracks seem to be playing perfect. The only problem I find is that if I skip a film forward or backwards a couple of times it starts to skip slightly and the sound drops. This is not a big problem because I just have to stop the film and resume but it would be nice to fix.
(2012-07-20, 17:36){{INX}} Wrote: Thanks Bluray,

But after all this, the DTS MA tracks seem to be playing perfect.
I'm glad that you got it to work now......Nod

Most of the times the video stuttering and sound issues are causes by conflicting driver and improper configuration.......

(2012-07-20, 17:36){{INX}} Wrote: The only problem I find is that if I skip a film forward or backwards a couple of times it starts to skip slightly and the sound drops. This is not a big problem because I just have to stop the film and resume but it would be nice to fix.
I heard that the latest Nighlie build suppose to fix some of these issues.....you can give it a try.....

Tried the nightly with no luck but will try a few over the next week to see what happens.

Also while I am posting, does anyone any links to the best video settings for ATI Catalyst Control Panel or are they ok leaving as default?
(2012-07-21, 01:58){{INX}} Wrote: Also while I am posting, does anyone any links to the best video settings for ATI Catalyst Control Panel or are they ok leaving as default?

I'd definitely turn off most switches in the video settings panel, like color vibrance, flesh tone correction, brighter whites, and dynamic contrast. I have a pro-calibrated tv and noticed adverse effects with these settings. The rest of the settings I really don't even notice a difference with them on or off, so I disable them. Only ones I have enabled are automatic deinterlacing, pulldown detection, and enforce smooth playback.

Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-07-21, 01:58){{INX}} Wrote: Also while I am posting, does anyone any links to the best video settings for ATI Catalyst Control Panel or are they ok leaving as default?
You can start off by disable everything in CCC Video/Quality other than "Enforce Smooth Video Playback" as shown in my screen shot below-

Thanks guys, I will do that in a minute Smile
(2012-07-19, 05:33)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-07-19, 05:16)bhumdech Wrote: Using currently XBMC-12.0-Frodo_alpha3. It also can bitstream HD audio and play Blu-Ray files. In your opinion, which version is better ?
XBMC-Eden11.0 HD-audio (with all BluRay add-on) and Frodo alpha ?

Thanks,

I'd have to go with Frodo A3. One major improvement (at least on my system), is when pausing and resuming a file w/HD audio, the sound resumes immediately, instead of a couple seconds later as it did with the Eden final HD audio patch version.
There are other non-audio-related improvements as well, although i have yet to mess with them. Namely - the custom video nodes addition.

Did U notice that CPU usage with Frodo A3 during playback of MP3 files was between 60-65%, But with HD video files (MKV,Blu-Ray) only 15-20%.
With XBMC-Eden11.0 HD-audio, MP3 and HD files playback show CPU usage for both only 20-30%.
Any suggestion Bluray ?

So hd-audio is not possible with openelec? Only with windows?
Thanks alot for the guide, blu.
Works very well here.

However, I found out that my Samsung TV misses sync on 24p material.
How do I use the latency settings in advancedsettings.ini on Damian Eden-RC2 build? I can't seem to get them to work.
(2012-08-02, 20:39)Skank Wrote: So hd-audio is not possible with openelec? Only with windows?

Where did you hear that. You can bitstream with the alpha xbmcbuntu and frodo openelec builds.
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
(2012-08-03, 12:23)Hoox Wrote: Thanks alot for the guide, blu.
Works very well here.

However, I found out that my Samsung TV misses sync on 24p material.
How do I use the latency settings in advancedsettings.ini on Damian Eden-RC2 build? I can't seem to get them to work.
Maybe you can ask the question in this thread- 25fps movies use 60hz - looks funny. Can I force 50hz?......
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC8