• 147(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
(2012-07-13, 02:08)tinybutstrong Wrote: Why the language list for subtitles is only english and few more? I want to enable Portuguese, but it's not listed.

Feedback please?
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
(2012-07-17, 13:56)krycek Wrote: I installed OpenElec after having freezes on Eden with the youtube plugin. However OpenElec has the following weird thing.
When I go to the Youtube plugin > Search I get a popup showing "Loading Directory, Retreived 0 items). and there is will hang.

http://pastebin.com/QVFJTZ6z

I am having the same issue, and it seems not to be limited to the youtube plugin. E.g., I am having it with the mediathek plugin as well.

I opened a separate thread for it, but did not receive any reply yet: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136170
am not able to install plugin via repo,starts donwloading and freezes is there a Version 3 .zip anywhere that i could try installing manually instead.
All xbmc plugins working fine on my ATV including icefilme, 1channel etc. Only youtube or plugins using youtube are choppy, I am using superTv librtmp. Can someone help me. Thanks
use +/- ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
1)anyone know how to get rid of the item "history" for youtube addon?

2)Also , how to make a channel base on youtube "keywords" search and the video will auto add more video base on that "keywords" ?
(2012-07-17, 13:56)krycek Wrote: I installed OpenElec after having freezes on Eden with the youtube plugin. However OpenElec has the following weird thing.
When I go to the Youtube plugin > Search I get a popup showing "Loading Directory, Retreived 0 items). and there is will hang.

I have exactly the same problem

I am having a similar problem when I go to search I start typing and after about 5 seconds the background dims a bit and it locks up for about 30-40 seconds before coming back but now I can't type anything

I am also using openelec
Sad 
Would somebody be kind and give me this information: Where is the watched status of videos stored?, as in what file(s) so I can back it up.

I asked for this couple of months ago here, but did not get any responce. And now I have lost the watched status from the videos again and it's basically rendering the Youtube plugin useless for me.

jonib
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
Like many of the previous posters, I'm having trouble with the YouTube addon in Openelec. Once installed, if I select the option it opens up the configuration menu, and the moment I select any option from this menu it hangs. I'm on Openelec 2 Beta 5 (1.95.5) for Fusion. Is there a fix for this? Thanks!
Hey guys, i have exactly the same problem with youtube search under openelec beta 5 generic.
I reinstalled openelec completely, but after 2 weeks now the problem is here again. Funny is, the search worked after reinstallation for some time.
(2012-06-21, 19:14)ICDeadPpl Wrote: The Firefox add-on doesn't seem to work anymore.
The XBMC button doesn't register clicks, and nothing is registered in the XBMC logfile either.
This is on XUbuntu 12.04 with Firefox 13.0.1.
The add-on version is 0.5.

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask for help about the add-on...)

(2012-06-30, 00:10)Cliff Wrote: Hi,

it seems like no "Youtube to XBMC" - Plugin is working right now on XBMC 12 Alpha 3 (Youtube 3.0 Addon).
I testet a Greamsmonkey Script and this Chrome Plugin.
Yesterday when I was on Eden, everything worked fine.
Is this a know issue, or is it just me?

Same here. Nothing shows up in log. Did you ever find a solution?
(2012-07-20, 12:03)sonic Wrote:

Well, It seems to be fixed in frodo. I compiled and installed a Openelec frodo build last night. Since then the youtube search have been working for me Smile
(2012-07-22, 10:46)sonic Wrote:
(2012-07-20, 12:03)sonic Wrote:

Well, It seems to be fixed in frodo. I compiled and installed a Openelec frodo build last night. Since then the youtube search have been working for me Smile

Glad that it is fixed but I haven't got the slightest clue on how to compile a Openelec build so still with the publicly available 1.95.5 eden
Does anyone else experience this problem ?

On PC: I subscribe youtube channel (it show I have subscribed and I can play any video under that channel )
then Back to my HDTV with XBMC youtube Addon, it show that I have subscribed that channel "it have a folder with the channel name , But once I click it , it will not load the video inside.

All my other youtube subscribed channels works fine on XBMC except a few of them like this one ? Anyone know how to fix it ?
Ok, so I got the plugin working with 2-step Authentication on XBMC 11.0 Eden after playing around with the logs a bit. I can't say what the exact steps where but, here's a guide.

On Ubuntu

Edit .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/settings.xml
Set debug to true
Set username to your Gmail address
Set user_password to your Gmail password (Not an application specific password)
Save settings.xml

tail -f .xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

On XBMC, go to Videos > Video Add-ons > XBMC > Settings > General > Login > OK (Don't change any settings)

Authentication fails.

Now look in the xbmc.log output for a link starting with https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/app...XXXXXXXXXX and open it in your browser.
It should ask to authenticate YouTube XBMC Plugin
Click Allow
You should get a message saying "Please copy this code, switch to your application and paste it there:"
Don't copy it, just ignore it.

Go back to XBMC and repeat the Login > OK.

This time a a NUMpad should appear.

Open Google Authenticator on your phone and enter the code and press enter.

All's good and well in the world.

I have no idea how long this will work. A cookie might expire, but it should work for at least 30 days before you have to re-authenticate, I it's the case at all.

If this works for you, plesae comment and follow me on twitter @wernerhp.

Ok, so I got the plugin working with 2-step Authentication on XBMC 11.0 Eden after playing around with the logs a bit. I can't say what the exact steps where but, here's a guide.

On Ubuntu

Edit .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/settings.xml
Set debug to true
Set username to your Gmail address
Set user_password to your Gmail password (Not an application specific password)
Save settings.xml

tail -f .xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

On XBMC, go to Videos > Video Add-ons > XBMC > Settings > General > Login > OK (Don't change any settings)

Authentication fails.

Now look in the xbmc.log output for a link starting with https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/app...XXXXXXXXXX and open it in your browser.
It should ask to authenticate YouTube XBMC Plugin
Click Allow
You should get a message saying "Please copy this code, switch to your application and paste it there:"
Don't copy it, just ignore it.

Go back to XBMC and repeat the Login > OK.

This time a a NUMpad should appear.

Open Google Authenticator on your phone and enter the code and press enter.

All's good and well in the world.

I have no idea how long this will work. A cookie might expire, but it should work for at least 30 days before you have to re-authenticate, I it's the case at all.

If this works for you, plesae comment and follow me on twitter @wernerhp.
  • 147(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28