• 17(current)
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread.
(2012-07-19, 21:28)drpizznock Wrote:
(2012-07-19, 20:37)davilla Wrote: Before the audio capabilities questions get out of hand, let me just say there a current capabilities and future possible capabilities with respect to 'bitstreaming'. DD (AC3) is there but not enabled, DTS is being licensed. Also there is no hardware limitations that I can see.

So a) chill and wait and see or b) pass and look else where if you must have an answer today.

Completely agree on the chill, wait and see. As much as I appreciate the work in releasing the APK to the public I wish they hadn't; there's too much speculation and misinformation as a result.

I completely disagree, I think that by releasing the apk (or rather allowing others to build the code) the XBMC team has lit a fire underneath the various hardware OEMs that showed them how important making XBMC just work is. Now that they see themselves being left behind, suddenly they're wanting to talk about licensing and driver support, where before they had a policy of ignoring us and hoping we'd go away.

This could be the best thing that ever happened to us when it comes to those licensing issues.
E/AndroidRuntime( 3413): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 3413): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{org.xbmc.xbmc/android.app.NativeActivity}: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to find native library: xbmc
E/AndroidRuntime( 3413): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2059)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3413): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2084)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3413): at android.app.ActivityThread.access$600(ActivityThread.java:130)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3413): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1195)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3413): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3413): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3413): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4745)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3413): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3413): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3413): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:786)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3413): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:553)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3413): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3413): Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to find native library: xbmc
E/AndroidRuntime( 3413): at android.app.NativeActivity.onCreate(NativeActivity.java:187)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3413): at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:5008)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3413): at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1079)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3413): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2023)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3413): ... 11 more

Sad
It's dead jim Smile Seriously, you can't expect much help by just posting a crashlog. Plus this is NOT the correct thread to be asking for build/run help.
AMLPlayer is now in android branch, enjoy.
Is anybody creating and updating apk for pivos xios ds, as these (link) guys doing it for A10 based mk802 or its the same apk for all devices. And is AMLPlayer means HWA for xios ds!

https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/1/topics/136
use +/- ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
(2012-07-22, 05:53)ykhehra1 Wrote: Is anybody creating and updating apk for pivos xios ds, as these (link) guys doing it for A10 based mk802 or its the same apk for all devices. And is AMLPlayer means HWA for xios ds!

https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/1/topics/136

yup, with the disclaimer that it is alpha software, don't report bugs yet, it may steal your cat and sell your dog, etc..

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=811

Thanks
use +/- ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
I just tried the latest build from the pivos forum on my Galaxy S2 and my Sumvision Cyclone Nano+. Menus are very smooth but poor playback on the S2. Menus are slow but 720p mkvs playback perfectly on the Nano+. Looks like the Nano could be the same as the XIOS so far.
Compile question: Is there anything different in the result if you use platform=android-9 or platform=android-14?
As far as I understood you only use very few platform information. Or is it just safe to use platform=android-9?
Good Afternoon
I've used the Miniand build on a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I've run into a couple of issues. I realise the app is still in Alpha/Beta stages but I thought my findings might help with the development.
Does anyone know where's the right forum to post my results?
~DQ
(2012-07-22, 13:41)DeeQue Wrote: Good Afternoon
I've used the Miniand build on a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I've run into a couple of issues. I realise the app is still in Alpha/Beta stages but I thought my findings might help with the development.
Does anyone know where's the right forum to post my results?
~DQ

It was requested that bug reports are held until xbmc on android hits beta status.
(2012-07-22, 15:15)lyme Wrote: It was requested that bug reports are held until xbmc on android hits beta status.
Indeed about the only thing we want too hear is if you also have the fix for it as well
Great work!!!!! i must say.....

tested it on my samsung s3

it looks fantastic, the screen is soo smooth. no stuttering, everything works.

but i noticed sometimes i had to click several times to do something.

but it works!!!!

hope we can have a more customised skin, for android soon, so the small buttons become easier to navigate around with.

Thanks alot!!!!!!
use the touched skin which is installed default ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I understand that hardware decoding isn't quite there yet, but I'm trying to decide between getting these and a full HTPC (I bought several raspberry pi's because of the hype and they are just idiotically slow, and can't decode DTS audio without stuttering)

1. Will the Pivos DS support hardware MPEG2 ts decoding @ 20mbps (live USA HD broadcast) in XBMC in the future or is there a licensing issue like on RPi?
2. Would the Pivos DS be able to do hardware deinterlacing on the above stream?
3. Is there a PVR branch that will run on android at the moment?
4. How fast is the UI? Youtube videos have low framerates so I can't really tell - would I be able to run more intense skins than confluence without issue?

Thanks in advance.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread.6