• 18(current)
[RELEASE] XeeBo - Eden (PVR support)
Hey Hitcher,

I've been having an issue with favourites as custom items. When adding a playlist from favourites my custom thumbnail is missing and defaults to a playlist icon, It also will not let me choose a custom thumbnail. The issue only occurs with playlists, other library items from my favourites (also with custom thumbnails) do not have the issue. The obvious work around would be to directly select the playlist as a custom item instead of going through the favourites, but accessing playlists from the home menu sucks in comparison to going through favourites. Issue remains the same with Eden & Frodo. Hopefully it's not a tricky problem.

Thanks
Why does using playlists directly suck?
(2012-07-30, 16:49)Hitcher Wrote: Why does using playlists directly suck?

There are a number of issues when accessing a playlist directly...

1. You can't get back to the home screen by hitting the back button. You have to hit back a few times, navigating through library menus. With a favourite you are taken straight back to the home screen.

2. Just before you get to the home screen you land on whatever library section you were on last, which creates issues while browsing a playlist. So if I was browsing music before going to a video playlist, and I try to manually update the video library, it will actually update the music library as if i wasn't browsing videos. This doesn't occur when entering a video playlist through favourites.

3. No fanart when directly accessing playlist, and yet fanart is displayed when going through favourites.

4. The Frodo Alphas block access to playlists from the home screen. 'No scanned information for the view, please turn off library mode'. I know this is a premature issue but it can be avoided by going through the favourites... but!... you can not use custom thumbnails

Confused
any chance of getting a media flag for pcm audio? i actually had you add this to alaska a long time back:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid771580

pcm_s16le is 16-bit, pcm_s24le is 24-bit, though a single flag for both would be more than adequate.
Does 24bit get picked up by XBMC because it's not in the list of audio codecs?

Quote:ListItem.AudioCodec

Shows the audio codec of the currently selected video (common values: aac, ac3, cook, dca, dtshd_hra, dtshd_ma, eac3, mp1, mp2, mp3, pcm_s16be, pcm_s16le, pcm_u8, vorbis, wmapro, wmav2)
(2012-08-03, 09:40)Hitcher Wrote: Does 24bit get picked up by XBMC because it's not in the list of audio codecs?

Quote:ListItem.AudioCodec

Shows the audio codec of the currently selected video (common values: aac, ac3, cook, dca, dtshd_hra, dtshd_ma, eac3, mp1, mp2, mp3, pcm_s16be, pcm_s16le, pcm_u8, vorbis, wmapro, wmav2)

unless it was removed for some reason it does. unfortunately i don't have that title on my htpc to check against right now. i pulled the string from my post in the alaska thread. i notice that list is missing truehd and flac though, both of which are definitely picked up. my guess is the list is just incomplete or refers only to the most common codecs. i'd have to argue that mp1 and mp2 are more rare Smile
(2012-07-30, 18:06)Stranger Wrote:
(2012-07-30, 16:49)Hitcher Wrote: Why does using playlists directly suck?

There are a number of issues when accessing a playlist directly...

1. You can't get back to the home screen by hitting the back button. You have to hit back a few times, navigating through library menus. With a favourite you are taken straight back to the home screen.

2. Just before you get to the home screen you land on whatever library section you were on last, which creates issues while browsing a playlist. So if I was browsing music before going to a video playlist, and I try to manually update the video library, it will actually update the music library as if i wasn't browsing videos. This doesn't occur when entering a video playlist through favourites.

3. No fanart when directly accessing playlist, and yet fanart is displayed when going through favourites.

4. The Frodo Alphas block access to playlists from the home screen. 'No scanned information for the view, please turn off library mode'. I know this is a premature issue but it can be avoided by going through the favourites... but!... you can not use custom thumbnails

Confused

Any thoughts?
Yes, I've just looked into this and I'll request that the favourites script allows us to add the option to let the user change the icon (at the moment we can add 'changetitle=true' so the user can change that if they wish). In the meantime you could use the 'Custom' option and enter the path found in your favourites.xml, this way you can set the icon yourself.
(2012-08-05, 16:28)Hitcher Wrote: Yes, I've just looked into this and I'll request that the favourites script allows use to add the option to let the user change the icon (at the moment we can add 'changetitle=true' so the user can change that if they wish). In the meantime you could use the 'Custom' option and enter the path found in your favourites.xml, this way you can set the icon yourself.

Awesome, thanks.
@Hitcher

Hello, how are you doing. Thanks for XeeBo, I think its beautiful but I have a question about the music function.
I want to use it on a pure Touchscreen without Mouse or Keyboard. Correct me if I am wrong but when I want to see the music Playlist that is playing right now I have to do a right click to access the now playing option but how can I do a right click on a pure touchscreenHuh Or is there another way to access the playlistHuh

thank you
Just guessing here but don't you click and hold to bring up the context menu?
@ Hitcher

Thanks for the great skin. I was wondering if you could add a "new" tag, especially to the TV Show section.

Thanks
(2012-08-05, 16:28)Hitcher Wrote: Yes, I've just looked into this and I'll request that the favourites script allows us to add the option to let the user change the icon (at the moment we can add 'changetitle=true' so the user can change that if they wish). In the meantime you could use the 'Custom' option and enter the path found in your favourites.xml, this way you can set the icon yourself.

Care to elaborate on this a little? Sorry, I'm just beginning to use XBMC and this skin fits me best, but I am running into the same issue. I have created my smart playlists, set them as favorites, and then assigned them as my custom items for a home strip, but I cannot select my own icons for them.

It's not a showstopper by any means, but if there is a way to hack around it, I'd like to know how Smile
Hey such a cool skin, thanks for your work on it!

I was wondering whether its possible to change the music video section to something else, like stand up or workout videos etc.

Thanks in advance!
(2012-08-05, 16:28)Hitcher Wrote: Yes, I've just looked into this and I'll request that the favourites script allows us to add the option to let the user change the icon (at the moment we can add 'changetitle=true' so the user can change that if they wish). In the meantime you could use the 'Custom' option and enter the path found in your favourites.xml, this way you can set the icon yourself.

Can you elaborate more on how exactly to do that?
Where exactly should I modify 'changetitle=true' and what path should I get from favourite.xml to be added to 'Custom' option?

Nevermind, found the path from favourites.
Pressing back still doesn't return directly to the homescreen
I guess changing custom thumbs for favourite custom item still can't be done?
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XeeBo - Eden (PVR support)2