Music Library ~ Dharma's Big Alaska FTW
J, I hear what your saying. What you've done so far is GREAT, much better! It's possible to get a slim-interface COMPRESSED with alot of info on the page... it's almost there, two ideas here:
1. The most area open for visuals/visualizations/GOOM
2. The most info needed/necessary

Ok, what I think is necessary info for a song screen:
1. Artist, Album, Title
2. Infobar, Entire-Time-of-Track, Counter
3. Upcoming Next Track
4. Clock

Ok, these are the added bonuses:
1. Weather Outside, Date
2. Album Art (real bonus, not essential)
3. File-Type-Info, Ratings (is this really important? idk)

Ok, what looks good so far here, what looks normal, what doesn't/need-not change
1. The Weather-Clock-Date (fits the Metropolis motif of course). I'll call this the MetClock
2. Some sort of Trap-Box to prevent info from washing out.

Everything else can be modified I think in size.
I uploaded another skins' song screen, please don't mind.. Only for demo purposes:
Ok, you can see here that the album-art area could be replaced by the MetClock rather easily (smaller than the album-art to begin with). Also I like the way the rest of the elements are COMPRESSED in, using the right side wall of the album-art as an anchor. Oh yeah, they use a gradiated background trap box for their info. It gradiates downward so it looks lighter, but still keeps the info from washing out. Upper Corners: The track-count is a nice freebie, the MetClock beats their clock.
So an obvious possibility would be to anchor the needed info off the left-side of the MetClock, right-justified alignment. Float other bonuses in the upper corners. .. if need be and looks good.

WDYT?
(2012-07-30, 20:58)Bunto Skiffler Wrote: Ok, what I think is necessary info for a song screen:
1. Artist, Album, Title
2. Infobar, Entire-Time-of-Track, Counter
3. Upcoming Next Track
4. Clock

All of that is currently there except counter (I assume you mean Track number/Total tracks) and the length of the current song. As I said before, I'd like to show time remaining, but for some reason it shows a bogus value at the moment (I think it shows the time remaining for the whole album associated with the currently playing song).

(2012-07-30, 20:58)Bunto Skiffler Wrote: Everything else can be modified I think in size.
I uploaded another skins' song screen, please don't mind.. Only for demo purposes:

Ok, you can see here that the album-art area could be replaced by the MetClock rather easily (smaller than the album-art to begin with). Also I like the way the rest of the elements are COMPRESSED in, using the right side wall of the album-art as an anchor. Oh yeah, they use a gradiated background trap box for their info. It gradiates downward so it looks lighter, but still keeps the info from washing out. Upper Corners: The track-count is a nice freebie, the MetClock beats their clock.
So an obvious possibility would be to anchor the needed info off the left-side of the MetClock, right-justified alignment. Float other bonuses in the upper corners. .. if need be and looks good.

WDYT?

For consistency, the metropolis clock needs to remain on the right side and the media flags on the left, IMHO.

I could certainly add the track counter to the top of the screen, and I'll look at putting the times on both sides of the progress bar like in your screenshot.

As for album art, I don't really see a good place for it that won't also negate the benefit of the "slim" info overlay.
The non-slim view really needs a dropshadow under the albumart, thrown on the rotating disc
(2012-07-31, 17:19)jingai Wrote: I could certainly add the track counter to the top of the screen, and I'll look at putting the times on both sides of the progress bar like in your screenshot.

I'll take it :-)
(2012-08-01, 08:23)Bunto Skiffler Wrote:
(2012-07-31, 17:19)jingai Wrote: I could certainly add the track counter to the top of the screen, and I'll look at putting the times on both sides of the progress bar like in your screenshot.

I'll take it :-)

Done Smile You'll see it tomorrow probably.
(2012-08-01, 04:10)sialivi Wrote: The non-slim view really needs a dropshadow under the albumart, thrown on the rotating disc

I'm not ignoring you, I'm just not good with paint programs, so someone else (Amra?) will have to look at this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library ~ Dharma's Big Alaska FTW0