• 53(current)
[WIP] Metropolis skin
Quick question regarding currently playing music...
Is it possible to have the song/artist text display on the Home screen without needing "Recently Added" enabled? If I disable the Recently Added option, all I see on the Home screen is the cover for the Now Playing music.
Thank you for the excellent skin!
Keep up the great work Wink

Update: I noticed that if I enable "Random Items" I get the Music info.
(2012-07-02, 15:45)thewarm Wrote: Quick question regarding currently playing music...
Is it possible to have the song/artist text display on the Home screen without needing "Recently Added" enabled? If I disable the Recently Added option, all I see on the Home screen is the cover for the Now Playing music.

It certainly should be the opposite of what you're seeing. I just checked on the latest code base and it is working correctly (I see the Artist and Song on the Home screen when Recently Added is disabled).

If you're getting Metropolis from the Passion repo it should be there shortly, if it's not already. The primary change you'll notice is support for RandomItems and Watchlist scripts in Settings->Metropolis->Home Options. You should check that section and if those options are present, make sure they're set the way you want, as the variable names had to be changed.
Alright, noob and a half here wasting more previous posting space on a somewhat trivial issue..

Everything is setup, working great except the TV series thumbnails.. I've looked extensively through this forum and have followed the solutions from users experiencing similar issues, to no avail.

Here's a picture of the issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/880aypkk6x4omk...hot000.png

The thumbnail is stretched out (it's the banner thumbnail stretching out to the poster size is what I'm assuming.)

The thumbnails are downloaded using Artwork Downloader. I've tried fiddling with the settings in there to only scrape "poster" images for TV, but didn't work. I also downloaded my own images and named them poster.jpg, banner.jpg etc just to see if it would change, but also didn't work.

Either I'm missing a huge step somewhere, or am making this more difficult that it really is..
(2012-07-31, 22:48)spacestations Wrote: Everything is setup, working great except the TV series thumbnails.. I've looked extensively through this forum and have followed the solutions from users experiencing similar issues, to no avail.

You changed the TV show scraper to prefer posters?
(2012-07-31, 22:54)jingai Wrote:
(2012-07-31, 22:48)spacestations Wrote: Everything is setup, working great except the TV series thumbnails.. I've looked extensively through this forum and have followed the solutions from users experiencing similar issues, to no avail.

I have the same problem, I changed it to prefer posters and it STILL grabs the banners and calls it the poster. Every show I have to manually change.

(2012-07-31, 22:54)jingai Wrote:

Yes, I set it to download only posters (no extra fan art or anything, just to test out) and it still set the banner as the poster image.

Just a quick note - movies are grabbing poster images fine, it's only TV shows this appears to be affecting.
this has to be one of the most annoying pet peeves I have on XBMC for TV

poster,jpg
folder.jpg
season-all.tbn

can all be the same thing, or all different things. you use the 'get thumb' button to get the poster, except everything is 'remote thumb' and are mixed with banners and posters

I would LOVE to see a paradigm change in the way graphics are done for XMBC

season-all-poster.jpg
season-all-banner.jpg
season-all-fanart.jpg
season-all-clearart.tga
season-all-logo.tga

season-xx-poster.jpg
season-xx-banner.jpg
season-xx-fanart.jpg
season-xx-clearart.tga
season-xx-logo.tga

(whatever the file name is)-thumbnail.jpg

jpg could be whatever is supported.. but tbn? that means nothing

same thing for the 'get thumb' button.. 'get artwork'... you could get a banner/poster/clearart/logo/whatever, but not all intermixed
I'd love to see it change as well, but for now, you all need to understand that the XBMC scrapers (such as TheTVDB Scraper) all scrape only one of poster or banner, whichever you told it to. The Artwork Downloader addon can fetch the other artwork you want and store it to disk, but Metropolis expects the default thumbnail to be a poster -- it will not use the poster.jpg you have stored on disk for this. It will use banner.jpg, however.

In other words, please go to Settings->Addons->TheTVDB->Prefer Posters (assuming you use TheTVDB scraper) and enable it. You will likely need to refresh info for the affected items, or possibly even remove them and rescan (I forget).

I believe work is underway (or at least planned) to get the scrapers to just fetch all of the artwork themselves (so skins always have both types available, regardless of whether or not the user has local artwork), but for now, if you want to use Metropolis, do be aware that it requires Posters as default.
(2012-08-01, 16:00)jingai Wrote: In other words, please go to Settings->Addons->TheTVDB->Prefer Posters (assuming you use TheTVDB scraper) and enable it. You will likely need to refresh info for the affected items, or possibly even remove them and rescan (I forget).

I did. Exactly. For brand new series never on the HD before. Set it and restarted. It pulled the BANNER and called it poster.

Quote: if you want to use Metropolis, do be aware that it requires Posters as default.

and that's what I want. and it keeps pulling banners and calling them, posters when I update the library.

(2012-08-01, 16:00)jingai Wrote: In other words, please go to Settings->Addons->TheTVDB->Prefer Posters (assuming you use TheTVDB scraper) and enable it. You will likely need to refresh info for the affected items, or possibly even remove them and rescan (I forget).

Perfect, that was exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, Artwork Downloader plug-in itself has a separate options menu that allows you to select which image types (banner or poster) you would like it to download, but when disabling banners for TV series, it doesn't work. That's where I was confused.

The correct answer was to change the options in TVDB itself. Thanks for the tip!
(2012-08-02, 05:48)ialand Wrote:

I did. Exactly. For brand new series never on the HD before. Set it and restarted. It pulled the BANNER and called it poster.

Well, it works fine on all 5 clients I have running Metropolis and for other users that have posted here (using the instructions I sent to you), so let's debug this:

1) What scraper are you using for shows? TheTVDB?
2) What version of XBMC are you running? Eden 11.0, a nightly, some custom build?
3) What version of Metropolis? Stable from the official repo or unstable from the Passion repo?
I've begun adding Home screen customization. I need feedback on what else to add here, so if this subject interests you, please read on, use it, and provide feedback here.

Currently, you can choose what the Music item points to (artists, genres, albums, songs, playlists, addon; it defaults to Files now) and what the Pictures item points to (library or addon).

The Movies and TV Shows links are now dynamic depending on library content (i.e., they will go to Files view if you have no movies/shows, and they will show Files in the submenu if you have the Videos home item hidden so you may now add/edit sources without turning Videos back on).

Once these changes are propagated to the Passion repo, users of that repo can change these things in System->Metropolis->Home Items.

Please tell me what else you'd all like. We're going to wait a couple of weeks for the next release to give folks time to think about this.
(2012-08-02, 05:48)ialand Wrote: I did. Exactly. For brand new series never on the HD before. Set it and restarted. It pulled the BANNER and called it poster.

Quote: if you want to use Metropolis, do be aware that it requires Posters as default.

and that's what I want. and it keeps pulling banners and calling them, posters when I update the library.

Keep in mind the scraper (TheTVDB) does not save the images to the drive. You have been saying 'it called it poster' - who is "it"? Are you using the Artwork downloader as well as the scraper? If so, that is where the problem lies...

-stoli-
(2012-08-13, 15:51)stoli Wrote: Keep in mind the scraper (TheTVDB) does not save the images to the drive. You have been saying 'it called it poster' - who is "it"? Are you using the Artwork downloader as well as the scraper? If so, that is where the problem lies...

I use the Artwork Downloader to get the banners and it works just fine for me. I still think he's got his scraper set to not prefer posters, since the skin won't read poster.jpg from disk even if it exists.

edit: Just noticed I said the opposite of what I meant..
(2012-08-12, 22:21)jingai Wrote: I've begun adding Home screen customization. I need feedback on what else to add here, so if this subject interests you, please read on, use it, and provide feedback here.
Currently, you can choose what the Music item points to (artists, genres, albums, songs, playlists, addon; it defaults to Files now) and what the Pictures item points to (library or addon).

J, hope you are doing well. Excellent thx, went by genre here.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5