• 61(current)
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator
(2012-07-26, 10:52)mannysxbmc Wrote:
(2012-07-25, 15:10)cablegoon Wrote:
(2012-07-25, 10:39)mannysxbmc Wrote: Hi

I'm using unblock-us - that should work ok?

Thanks
Manny

unblock will work great for all stations except HGTV and the Food network

Hi

I tried the plugin last night - whilst it looks great I'm slightly confused. I went to the CBS channel and it wasnt a livestream but was short clips? Is that correct?

I think it was similar on some of the other channels - could someone clarify?

Thanks
manny

nothings live - its archived eoisodes for all channels
Hi Bluecop,

I made a list of what works without a proxy from canada, what I was not able to get working or fix from canada, and what I was able to fix. Here it is:

The following works without any proxy at all:
A&E
ABC
ABC Family
AMC
Biography
Game Show Network
History
NBC
Nick teen
Nick Toons
Nickelodeon
Spike - some things seem to not work, but most does.
Adult Swim
CBS - works with proxy code as-is

The following I was not able to get working by adding proxy code at this time:
The CW
Comedy Central
food network
Lifetime
MTV
TV Land
VH1
Cartoon network
TBS
TNT

The following I was able to get working by adding the following proxy code:

usa.py:
def play():
smilurl=common.args.url
swfUrl = 'http://www.usanetwork.com/videos/pdk/swf/flvPlayer.swf'
if (common.settings['enableproxy'] == 'true'):
proxy = True
else:
proxy = False
data = common.getURL(smilurl,proxy=proxy)

thewb.py:
def rootlist(db=False):
proxy = True
else:
proxy = False
data = common.getURL(BASE_URL,proxy=proxy)

AND

def fullepisodes(url=common.args.url):
proxy = True
else:
proxy = False
data = common.getURL(url,proxy=proxy)

syfy.py:
def play():
smilurl=common.args.url
swfUrl = 'http://www.syfy.com/_utils/video/codebase/pdk/swf/flvPlayer.swf'
proxy = True
else:
proxy = False

oxygen.py:
def play():
smilurl=common.args.url
swfUrl = 'http://features.oxygen.com/videos/pdk/swf/flvPlayer.swf'
proxy = True
else:
proxy = False

bravo.py:
#Get SMIL url and play video
def play():
smilurl=common.args.url
swfUrl = 'http://www.bravotv.com/_tp/pdk/swf/flvPlayer.swf'
proxy = True
else:
proxy = False

thecw.py (I'm getting a rtmp server sent 6 message after adding the below code, I think the below code makes it work and I might need to update my librtmp.dll on my side):
def play():
swfurl = 'http://pdl.warnerbros.com/cwtv/digital-smiths/production_player/vsplayer.swf'
url = 'http://metaframe.digitalsmiths.tv/v2/CWtv/assets/%s/partner/132?format=json' % common.args.url
proxy = True
else:
proxy = False
data = common.getURL(url,proxy=proxy)

As we mentioned a few posts back, the above proxy fixes only work after the changing the way the proxy works back to the way it worked pre 0.4. Here is how i turned off the "global proxy" (If this isn't the right way, or you would prefer a better way, by all means, go for it, This was just what worked for me):
_common.py:

def getURL( url , values = None ,proxy = False, referer=False):
try:
if proxy == True:

AND

def getRedirect( url , values = None ,proxy = False, referer=False):
try:
if proxy == True:

Thanks in advance if you do take the time to implement the above changes.

teefer22: excellent. Thanks for documenting what you got working. I will put the changes in the next update.

I made a few more stations. WB Kids, PBS Kids, The Hub, Marvel and Marvel Kids. I don't have icons or station descriptions made yet or else I would go ahead and commit.

I want to get Disney and Disney XD too. I also want to do PBS but I am waiting on an api key.

I keep putting things in front of trying to finish a library export option. It kept giving me headaches with identifying specific episodes. I am thinking a local episode meta database might be needed to supplement and identify them. I am not sure exactly how to proceed so I have been rolling it around in my head.
Hey B/C,

Don't know if this might help or not, but I'm already exporting the particular shows I want using the XBMC.MyLibrary supplemental tool. It takes a little bit of tweaking but works fairly well.

Don't know if maybe some of the code from that tool might help you out or not, just wanted to offer Smile
bb
hi blucop:
Just wanna know why didn't some lists in the plug-in update e.g. CBS 48hours mystery or 60 minutes
the website seems fine to me .
(2012-07-26, 21:58)teefer22 Wrote: Hi Bluecop,

I made a list of what works without a proxy from canada, what I was not able to get working or fix from canada, and what I was able to fix. Here it is:

I believed most of them just need DNS masking to bypass the geo-block.

BTW,I found that another plug-in TVcatchup was really sick sick sick, their Geo-blockings are so strong and manually update every night.
I added PBS, PBS Kids, The WB Kids, Marvel, Marvel Kids and fixed The Hub. I just realized I forgot apply teefer22 patches though. Disney XD is using apples HLS to stream but I couldn't get it working. Disney seems to have 2 portals so I am going to investigate those more too but haven't done it.

binarybomber: i am aware of it and it is very cool. it was somewhat cumbersome to setup when I used it. It could just be my ignorance or laziness

I am going to play around with some other listing options for the All Shows database. I want to change the All Shows to have more listing options. like genres, year, content ratiing and maybe by actors.

I was also thinking of a list of shows that play the day before. Right now we have the status of the show "Continuing" or "Ended" and the Day of the week it plays. Since new episodes are posted the day after usually. I might just do something where you can browse by the day of the week a show plays. I would want it to only include continuing shows though.

I do like the "latest" shows option, it can make finding things easy within a few clicks.

I was thinking about a "Channel Surfing" option. Place the shows from the all shows database into a shuffled playlist. This will allow us viewers to "skip" channels and maybe discover something new. Sometimes, I find there are so many options in channels and shows to go through I don't end up watching anything....Smile
Great update BC.
teefer22: thank again for looking into the what was fixable. I committed the patches you posted. If you ever find anything else to work with proxy then let me know.

Thanks to KSV I believe I have enough info to get Nat Geo and Discovery based stations going with some more work. This man is legend!

I watched "The Cable Guy" the other day. Jim Carrey is talking to Mathew Brodericks character about getting his girl friend back. Jim Carrey says "Free Cable is the ultimate aphrodisiac". I laughed a bit too hard. The movie is currently on crackle in the US.

"Free Cable is the ultimate aphrodisiac" - The Cable Guy
It sure is!
This plugin makes me love you more every day bluecop Wink

Then again... If it fails... I may just have to kill you, you know that right?
Success! I got a full video saved from nat geo with a test script. So I know we can keep the streams going.

Now it is just a matter of finding a way to extract the needed information from the file that XBMC plays. I am thinking a local python server or proxy which will send the needed commands to the server.

There are several Discovery channels that use this too. I hope it opens up several new stations.
Hi BlueCop, Can you add http://ownca.oprah.com in Free cable plugin, my wife love to see those. Thanks
use +/- ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
THIS PLUGIN IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!

One suggestion, maybe a mix between the shows that stations have available to stream and stations that stream live (like the livestreams plugin). Bloomberg and Democracy Now are two I can think of off the top of my head that stream live 24/7. It would be cool to have those stations listed and be able to join a live stream in progress.

Thanks for all of you work
Personally Created Stock Footage and Animated Videos for Backgrounds or Screensavers
100+ video files can all be found on my blog: Beachfront B-Roll. All are free.
The clips are a simple "Right click, save" and there is no signup or registering required either.
ykhehra1: it should be possible. That seems to be the Canadian site. I will probably do the US one.

Beachfront: Democracy now is great. I love Amy Goodman. I have left live content to other people and focused on anything that serves full episodes. Most of these station sites don't have live streams available on them.

I actually have a fairly advanced C-SPAN plugin with many cool options that I haven't published. I was debating making it a station in free cable. I was thinking of journalism/news type content doesn't fit well. I just go to Free Cable to be entertained and not be informed really. I was thinking of something separate for that. I wanted a rather sarcastic title for a news plugin like "ill-informed" or "ignorant wretch".

Disinformation?
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator10