• 66(current)
Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
Hi there, just seen 11.0-pvr build84 has been released yesterday for ubuntu, does that have the new audioengine in it?

Cheers Smile
no, and I probably won't include it until it's stable and in frodo final
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Thanks for the confirmation Smile Much appreciated for the comment and of course all the work.
Hello, I have problem with time schedule recording, I get an error: "ERROR: PVRClient - AddTimer - addon 'HTS Tvheadend:127.0.0.1:9982' returned an error: server error"
I have xbmc-prv eden from pulse eight and HTS Tvheadend 2.12

Can I somehow fix the error?
Updated to the latest TVHeadend pulse eight build this morning via apt-get and there seems to be a serious problem. Seemed to be functional to begin with and I was able to log in to the web interface, but that stopped and I now get 'Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data' when attempting to access it. Additionally, I am unable to stream anything.

However, the service can be seen to be running in top (without any unusual CPU utilization) and when I restarted the service it runs the XMLTV grabber as per normal, but it does not solve the above issues.

Any ideas?
(2012-06-09, 17:42)pszab Wrote: Hi.
Which mpeg4 dvb-c tuners are recommened under linux for proper working?
I would prefer usb stick types.
Thanks

I've tested TechnoTrend CT-3600 (http://www.amazon.de/Technotrend-TT-conn...B0016LHOPG) it will work out of the box (on Ubuntu 12.04) but I have artifacts in the picture every 2-3 minutes.
Actually I am using the Terratec Cinergy HTC USB Stick (http://www.amazon.de/TerraTec-Cinergy-HT...961&sr=1-7), which won't run OOTB on Ubuntu 12.04, but following these instructions:
http://git.linuxtv.org/media_build.git
will do it for you.
On both I've tested only DVB-C, no analog or something else. Both can handle HD, it's just a matter if your CPU or GPU can handle HD.
Hi!

When I want to upgrade to the latest version, apt says, that I need to remove xbmc-live package.
Is it safe to do that?

I used the old xbmcbuntu method to install this htpc, it is based on 11.10.
the webinterface from the latest opdenkamp tvheadend does not work.
does anyone else have this?
Hi there,

I've run into some trouble following the guide on the current xbmcbuntu release.
Here is where I'm stuck:
Code:
gnaddel@gnaddel-htpc:~$ sudo apt-get -y install xbmc-live
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
xbmc-live : Depends: xbmc (= 2:11.0-pvr+p8~git20120515.310d665-0ubuntu1~stable76~oneiric) but 2:11.0-pvr+pulse8~git20120627.d7c419c-0ubuntu1~build91~oneiric is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Seems to be a pretty straightforward problem with the repository, however I'm at a loss on how to fix it Wink
sudo apt-get -y install xbmc-standalone

?
Thank you davy, that did the trick. Everything is up an running now Smile
(2012-06-27, 10:43)Benoe Wrote: Hi!

When I want to upgrade to the latest version, apt says, that I need to remove xbmc-live package.
Is it safe to do that?

I used the old xbmcbuntu method to install this htpc, it is based on 11.10.

I have the same problem... I am reluctant to remove xbmc-live, because I fear loosing autostart (and restart in case of crash) of XBMC. Anybody tackled thisHuh

-----UPDATE------
Nevermind. Took the bold move and updated anyway. Everything is working as desired. Turns out xbmc-live is not used for autostart. The graphical interface (lightdm) is autostarted at boot. In the graphical interface, XBMC is started during startup.
I'm curious, how come the ability to use a TS stream over HTTP was removed? It seemed to be working well, much better than MKV streaming which is seriously glitchy in comparison.
(2012-06-30, 15:33)Gnaddel Wrote: Thank you davy, that did the trick. Everything is up an running now Smile

hey
how did you solve it ? i can't start xbmc-live after the upgrade...
Having some trouble setting this up with my hdhomerun. Here is what I have so far (Ubuntu 12.04)

I have all of the software installed ( hdhomerun-config hdhomerun-config-gui dvbhdhomerun-dkms dvbhdhomerun-utils)
Script installed to start dvbhdhomerun-utils and tvheadend from this thread.
I can access the web interface at http://localhost:9981/extjs.html.
Output of hdhomerun_config discover returns "hdhomerun device 101899F3 found at 192.168.2.5"
/etc/hdhomerun config file is setup like this:

[101899F3-0]
tuner_type=ATSC

[101899F3-1]
tuner_type=ATSC

I think everything is correct, but when I go to the web interface to select my tuner the drop down menu is blank. Am I missing something?
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!17