Skin editor a Notepad++ Plugin
After creating a .net xbmc skin editor http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136364 i made the suggestion to make a notepad++ plugin for editing skin. And of course many people were interested by this so 2 weeks ago i started writing this plugin.

Main feature:
-ability to extract texture from xbt files
-able to test window directly from notepad with a simple click
-a controls property dialog to change or add property to a xbmc control without having to type the xml code. This dialog give the list of includes and texture you have in the skin so from a simple click you can change the texture or the include without having to search the name. The ability to drag and drop the control into the code is also working.
-a texture previewer dialog that can work from image file directly or from packed .xbt file
-and much more ...

Feature in development
-Detect not used include name in the skin
-List of label id for onleft onup...
-Listing of all controls with id´s attached
-animation helper (not sure how i will do it but i will try to add this the direct3d rendering is already in the plugin)
-Listing of all built-in controls for the current window and the listing of the one that are not included yet
-Modification of the dialog docking system to be able to dock them on top or under of another dialog( the vs studio style of docking)

A build from rev 35
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-skin-edito...akechanges
If you want to install the plugin you only need to extract the .dll into the plugins directory of notepad++
The extraction function required the image previewer to be open but this is fixed in the next release so its a temporary requirement to make it work.

I also made a small video to show a preview before installing it. It is already an old version but the look didn't change much from the current version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c12dVZpjh...lated&hd=1
is it necessary for me to implement the .dds packed texture or it not used anymore
Haven't had chance to play around with this yet but I thought I'd better say now that this is greatly appreciated. Big Grin

Thanks.
(2012-08-08, 22:49)tiben20 Wrote: is it necessary for me to implement the .dds packed texture or it not used anymore

Its not used anymore and even when it was it was only used for caching fanart on nvidia boxes these days we have faster hardware decoding jpg so its pretty much all saved in that.

But in conclusion Not used any more and was never a "Skin thing"
feature idea: go through all xmls and remove all tags which are unneeded because of defaults.xml
so if i use an <align>left</align> for labels in defaults.xml, remove that from all other label controls inside the skin.

again, thx for the work you put in. greatly appreciated.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-08-09, 14:48)phil65 Wrote: feature idea: go through all xmls and remove all tags which are unneeded because of defaults.xml
so if i use an <align>left</align> for labels in defaults.xml, remove that from all other label controls inside the skin.

again, thx for the work you put in. greatly appreciated.
Noted it should not be hard to add

(2012-08-09, 08:19)Jezz_X Wrote:
(2012-08-08, 22:49)tiben20 Wrote: is it necessary for me to implement the .dds packed texture or it not used anymore

Its not used anymore and even when it was it was only used for caching fanart on nvidia boxes these days we have faster hardware decoding jpg so its pretty much all saved in that.

But in conclusion Not used any more and was never a "Skin thing"
Thanks for the info.

(2012-08-09, 08:11)Hitcher Wrote: Haven't had chance to play around with this yet but I thought I'd better say now that this is greatly appreciated. Big Grin

Thanks.
just testing the xbt extraction would be nice. It was quite complex to write. Harder than i thought. It is quite fast compared to the time it take to compile one. Tongue

Right now i am writting the control listing feature. It is working great and fast. But i still need to encapsulate the controls that are in control group.
This is great - thank you. I've only been playing with it for a few minutes, but the xbt extraction works like a charm.
-stoli-
finished the new controls overview i might change the listbox to a treeview to make it more easy to use on really big xml files

(2012-08-09, 16:26)stoli Wrote: This is great - thank you. I've only been playing with it for a few minutes, but the xbt extraction works like a charm.
I already ameliorated the extraction process with a new dialog for waiting and got rid of the command prompt popping up when creating a folder.
You can also browse for the extracted folder after extraction. And since we use direct3d for extracting it better your video card is faster it is
A simple calculator would also be a great addition.
(2012-08-09, 17:48)Hitcher Wrote: A simple calculator would also be a great addition.
a calculator is harder to do that what you can think if you include the priority of operation.A simple link to the windows calculator would be more simple to do
Fair enough.

I generally use the Windows calculator and make it 'always on-top' when using N++ but this means it's in the way of XBMC, PS, etc.
heh I go old school hitcher and actually have a physical calculator on the desk in front of me Smile saves me loosing focus Tongue
(2012-08-09, 23:02)Hitcher Wrote: Fair enough.

I generally use the Windows calculator and make it 'always on-top' when using N++ but this means it's in the way of XBMC, PS, etc.
Alright you only use the division,multiplication,subtraction and addition?? if its just that i can do it in no time just for fun. The best way is still having 3 23 inch screen like i do Tongue

by the way i started to write a patch for notepad++ to make it able to dock window like in visual studio. Its kinda complex but really fun to do.
umm can't you already dock windows in notepad++ or am I thinking of somthing different I know I can dock all your addon windows to one side

hrmm I tried it and seems I can only dock one window per side (visible at the same time) so I guess you mean multiple windows to 1 side
(2012-08-10, 04:02)tiben20 Wrote:
(2012-08-09, 23:02)Hitcher Wrote: Fair enough.

Alright you only use the division,multiplication,subtraction and addition?? if its just that i can do it in no time just for fun. The best way is still having 3 23 inch screen like i do Tongue

by the way i started to write a patch for notepad++ to make it able to dock window like in visual studio. Its kinda complex but really fun to do.

Yep, just the simple calculations. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin editor a Notepad++ Plugin6