failure with randomitems.py
Hi ! yesterday i have install the Beta 3 Version from MQ4 Skin and the latest nightly. ( System: Win7 64 / Intel D525 / 4gb latest Nightliy )

After i start a message pop up "Sricpt error script.randomitems ".

i can see in the logfile.

[Code]
14:04:37 T:3400 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
14:04:37 T:3400 ERROR: Error Contents: argument 1 must be unicode or str
14:04:37 T:3400 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomitems\RandomItems.py", line 433, in <module>
Main()
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomitems\RandomItems.py", line 79, in __init__
self._fetch_musicvideo_info()
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomitems\RandomItems.py", line 226, in _fetch_musicvideo_info
self.WINDOW.setProperty( "RandomMusicVideo.%d.Artist" % ( count ), artist )
TypeError: argument 1 must be unicode or str
14:04:59 T:2880 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
14:04:59 T:2880 ERROR: Error Contents: argument 1 must be unicode or str
14:04:59 T:2880 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.watchlist\default.py", line 592, in <module>
Main()
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.watchlist\default.py", line 33, in __init__
self._fetch_info()
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.watchlist\default.py", line 65, in _fetch_info
self._set_movie_properties()
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.watchlist\default.py", line 314, in _set_movie_properties
self.WINDOW.setProperty( "WatchList_Movie.%d.Genre" % ( count ), movie[3] )
TypeError: argument 1 must be unicode or str
14:05:17 T:3880 NOTICE: Service: 27542 actors took 134.30399990081787

[Code/]

I have lock in the addon folder in the Text File an i have the 3.1.5 Version off your scrit.

Do you have any Tip for me how to fix it ? ( I have Music Videos in the Database )

Best Regards LOCK70
(2012-08-11, 15:51)Lock70 Wrote: Hi ! yesterday i have install the Beta 3 Version from MQ4 Skin and the latest nightly. ( System: Win7 64 / Intel D525 / 4gb latest Nightliy )

After i start a message pop up "Sricpt error script.randomitems ".

i can see in the logfile.
I have lock in the addon folder in the Text File an i have the 3.1.5 Version off your scrit.

Do you have any Tip for me how to fix it ? ( I have Music Videos in the Database )

Best Regards LOCK70

Point 1:
NEVER paste log snippets because i will just ignore those. So always follow what is written here: Debug Log

Point2:
Care to read before asking?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1165221
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Sorry, i will never be ask again..... How can know all the RULES

Yes i read this and read the parts after that. Sorry again that my english is not so good that i DONT understand this in the right way. I was thinkig you have fix it with 3.1.5

Now i leave your Kingdom......
(2012-08-11, 16:28)Lock70 Wrote: Sorry, i will never be ask again..... How can know all the RULES

Yes i read this and read the parts after that. Sorry again that my english is not so good that i DONT understand this in the right way. I was thinkig you have fix it with 3.1.5

"made a stupid c/p mistake.
3.1.5 should fix it. Hit force refresh on xbmc repo"

would seem to suggest he has a fix but would rather scold people than post a link
(2012-08-11, 16:38)skabyss Wrote:
(2012-08-11, 16:28)Lock70 Wrote: Sorry, i will never be ask again..... How can know all the RULES

"made a stupid c/p mistake.
3.1.5 should fix it. Hit force refresh on xbmc repo"

would seem to suggest he has a fix but would rather scold people than post a link

You misread. That was another error.
It was clearly stated that newer nightlies won't be fixed untill pre-frodo repo is up.
Yes I do have a fix for new nightlies but you are right. I rather terrorize users than posting a .zip file that fixes this.

The reason I do that is because some go and install the new one when they don't even need it and then come nagging that it doesn't work.

If you don't want bugs. Don't use nightlies
Quote:If you don't want bugs. Don't use nightlies

If you never use the new one, you can´t find errors and never go the next stepp ;-) and the world today woud out of fire and wheels.... ;-)

Thanks for your work !

Fair enough, I did see both posts but was obviously confused by them..

At any rate, hope to see the updates soon
(2012-08-11, 17:00)skabyss Wrote: Fair enough, I did see both posts but was obviously confused by them..

At any rate, hope to see the updates soon

I expect next week. Need some more things changing
pre-Frodo fix see
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1168040

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
failure with randomitems.py0