[WIP] PVR Support
Hello,

A list of screenshots of supported functionalities for a PVR support in Metropolis.
(Tested with openelec PVR 2.0Beta5)

To enable the Live TV functionalities, please first enable Live TV (PVR) support in the Metropolis skin settings. (general tab)

Actual known limitations/support :
- live radios aren't supported, (I can't test it)
- perhaps some others things are missing...
- I'm searching new images and icons for the tv part too..

Home screen (I have used the tv show's picture) :

TV Channel and group manager settings :

Live TV Channel View

EPG Now View

EPG Timeline View

Recording View

Timer Settings

TV Channel Contextual Menu

EPG Guide Info

EPG Search Guide

TV Channels OSD

TV Guide OSD

Very nice, works well.

Just got a question, is it possible to make the lower bar smaller when viewing live tv channel view, the first picture that is.
And maybe the channellist wider.

Otherwise very nice job!
Thank you.

About the channel list, I will see to enlarge it or to use a smaller font to display more items.
For the lower bar, is it the bar where temperature, date and time are displayed ? If yes, it isn't possible to change it because it is the default background used by all screens.

Edit : Done, please see the screenshot. (font size reduced and list enlarged)
I cant find ''enable the Live TV Settings'' have you taken it out?
Openelec PVR in lounge 6tb of storage...
XBMC PVR on 27in I3 Mac in bedroom...
Ipad 2 running XBMC...

What more do you want...
(2012-08-14, 07:08)daunjan Wrote: I cant find ''enable the Live TV Settings'' have you taken it out?

Certainly not intentionally. I just checked here, and it's still in System->Metropolis->General as "Enable Live TV (PVR) support".

Do remember that this is a feature currently only available in the latest unstable releases of the skin available via the Passion repo. If you're using the official repository, you won't see it yet (but it will be there in the coming weeks when we're done testing).

You will also need a branch of XBMC that contains PVR support, obviously.
i'm soooo glad to see this awsome skin getting pvr support Big Grin.

i've modded it slightly to my liking (added radio support, still want to add osd channel-epg & channel guide+ i've enabled the calling of the random items script by the user like in aeon-nox). if you're intrested in adding it to the master send me a quick pm on how to go best about merging it, since i'm still new to actually working with git.

keep up the good work, and again thank's for the pvr support Big Grin
thatguy7669,

You have three options. You can send me the modified files; you can use git-format-patch to generate patch files and send them to me; or you can submit a pull request yourself.

For the latter, I'm going to assume you already have your github account with SSH key(s) installed. On https://github.com/stoli/Metropolis you'll want to click "Fork" in the upper-right corner to create your own personal fork on which you'll do your work. Then, pull your fork locally to your computer like:

% git clone [email protected]:thatguy7669/Metropolis.git

Obviously replace "thatguy7669" with whatever your name is.

Then add the upstream remote so you can periodically pull in changes others make:

% git remote add upstream [email protected]Confusedtoli/Metropolis.git
% git fetch upstream

You can use the second command there to fetch any upstream changes whenever you like.

Now make a branch for your changes:

% git checkout -b pvr_fixes (or whatever you want to call it)

Make your changes and commit them. Then push the branch up to your fork:

% git push origin pvr_fixes:pvr_fixes

In a web browser, go to your fork on github (https://github.com/thatguy7669/Metropolis) and you'll see a line item for your branch you just pushed with a button that lets you submit a pull request. Click that, fill out the description telling us what it is, and you're done.
(2012-08-15, 10:25)thatguy7669 Wrote: i've modded it slightly to my liking (added radio support, still want to add osd channel-epg & channel guide+ i've enabled the calling of the random items script by the user like in aeon-nox). if you're intrested in adding it to the master send me a quick pm on how to go best about merging it, since i'm still new to actually working with git.
Hello thatguy7669,

Very good. I'm also working to finalize/add some missing screens :
- pvr OSD, new icons/buttons to call them from the VideoOSD window,
- recording details. (available only from the contextual menu)

Don't hesitate to send us your local changes, we will include them.
Just a small note:
I've been pretty annoyed with the context menu always popping up when you go from full screen tv to the tv channel view (which i often prefer over the channels OSD), so i changed <defaultcontrol always="true"> to <defaultcontrol always="false"> in MyPVR.xml.
It might be worth considering to include this change?

Otherwise:
Yeay! My favorite skin got PVR support!
And its looking awesome!
Thanks a ton for this!
(2012-08-31, 11:57)grywnn Wrote: Just a small note:
I've been pretty annoyed with the context menu always popping up when you go from full screen tv to the tv channel view (which i often prefer over the channels OSD), so i changed <defaultcontrol always="true"> to <defaultcontrol always="false"> in MyPVR.xml.
It might be worth considering to include this change?
Hello grywnn,

I'm agree with you, it is a little bit annoying.
Yes, you're right, changing it to true wasn't a good solution as actually the contextual menu is also displayed each time the TV Channel is stopped.
I will post a pull request after fully validated it. (they are actually some display problems with the EPG header if we are setting it to false)

Thank you for the feedback. It will be available soon. (I have also changed the pvr sub-menu calls to avoid the display problem)
Hi dekani, I believe that in the repo you are missing the DialogExtendedProgressBar.xml (used for supplying info on channel and epg updates at startup).
Here is the xml I use if you want to use it.. Pastebin: DialogExtendedProgressBar.xmlWink
(2012-09-04, 05:13)Steveb Wrote: Hi dekani, I believe that in the repo you are missing the DialogExtendedProgressBar.xml (used for supplying info on channel and epg updates at startup).
Here is the xml I use if you want to use it.. Pastebin: DialogExtendedProgressBar.xmlWink

Hello Steveb,

It works fine. Pull request and credit added.
Will be soon available.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] PVR Support0