• 8(current)
[AppleTV2] Logitech Harmony support for ATV2?
(2012-04-26, 09:50)deanmv Wrote:
(2012-04-26, 08:30)milli Wrote: Is there a way to go to DVD menu directly?

<button id="x>ShowVideoMenu</button>

Sorry to sound like a numpty but can someone please explain how I enter this code and where exactly?

I'm familiar with "ssh" to upfate and fix a few things if that's a useful starting point? Thanks.
(2012-05-08, 13:54)keiron99 Wrote:
(2012-04-26, 09:50)deanmv Wrote:
(2012-04-26, 08:30)milli Wrote: Is there a way to go to DVD menu directly?

<button id="x>ShowVideoMenu</button>

Sorry to sound like a numpty but can someone please explain how I enter this code and where exactly?

I'm familiar with "ssh" to upfate and fix a few things if that's a useful starting point? Thanks.

Using your SSH program (I use SSH Secure File Transfer) - work your way to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps . Password is usually "alpine" unless you changed it. Then you need to edit the file joystick.AppleRemote.xml. If it doesn't exist then download from https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...Remote.xml . Use whatever text editor you want to edit it. You will want to change one of the following:
Code:
<!-- Additional buttons via Harmony Apple TV remote profile - these are also the learned buttons on Apple TV 2gen-->
      <!-- pageup --> <button id="13">PageUp</button>
      <!-- pagedown --> <button id="14">PageDown</button>
      <!-- pause --> <button id="15">Pause</button><!-- work? -->
      <!-- play2 --> <button id="16">Play</button>
      <!-- stop --> <button id="17">Stop</button>
      <!-- fast fwd --> <button id="18">FastForward</button><!-- work? -->
      <!-- rewind --> <button id="19">Rewind</button>
      <!-- skip fwd --> <button id="20">SkipNext</button>
      <!-- skip back --> <button id="21">SkipPrevious</button>

As far as I could tell, there aren't many you can live without. Me I decided I didn't need SkipNext. I couldn't get pageup or pagedown to work. Then you save the file and put it back in the same place.

You may need to create a button using the Logitech Harmony software to match the button you created above if your remote doesn't have a physical button.
Thanks. I use Win SCP. When I ket to keymaps, there's nothing there. I double click on keymaps and just get a "..". Any idea what I should do from there?
Re-read what Sam wrote,
Quote:Then you need to edit the file joystick.AppleRemote.xml. If it doesn't exist then download from https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...Remote.xml . Use whatever text editor you want to edit it. You will want to change one of the following
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Which remote are you guys talking about?
I assume the Harmony One, but I have an unopened 600.
Can I use this or should I return it?
(2012-05-08, 21:00)deanmv Wrote: Re-read what Sam wrote,

I did say I was a numpty...Tongue I'm going to have to onvest some time into this at the weekend because I find these things such a challenge Confused
(2012-05-10, 05:36)granduke Wrote: Which remote are you guys talking about?
I assume the Harmony One, but I have an unopened 600.
Can I use this or should I return it?

I use a 600 and a 700. They are brilliant. You just need to invest some time in fully understanding them but once you have done so, there really isn't much you can't achieve with them. (Apart from the wonderful macro sequences I used to be able to create on my Pronto.)
(2012-05-08, 21:00)deanmv Wrote: Re-read what Sam wrote,
Quote:Then you need to edit the file joystick.AppleRemote.xml. If it doesn't exist then download from https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...Remote.xml . Use whatever text editor you want to edit it. You will want to change one of the following

Sorry to labour this but I have to ask for more help after too manny wasted hours...I'm afraid that link doesn't work for me.

I also tried ths loink given further up the thread:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...Remote.xml

but there's no download there?
Copy and paste the contents and make your own file for it. There is no "download" as such.
Set Up
OK Thanks. So I have cut and paste into a txt. document which I named

joystick.AppleRemote.xml

and I placed under

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps

There are just a couple of simple things I want to achieve. Whilst watching a movie, I want to bring up the OSD with a single short button press (rather than the long one), and when listening to music I want to be able to bring up the lyrics with a single short press (rather than the complicated process currently).

I understand I will have to change some code in the xml file I have created, but what do I change exactly? Thanks.
Just a note that you want to name it joystick.AppleRemote and the extension is .xml (just to check that at first) but so far you're right.

All you need to do is change what you want the numbers (which relate to buttons) to do. So for what you want, to bring up the OSD you want to change the line

Code:
<button id="5">Pause</button>
to
Code:
<button id="5">OSD</button>
under the FullScreenVideo section (see line 96 in the link we have been using.)

This will then set whatever button you've mapped your Harmony remote to be the 'center' button on the standard ATV remote, to a single press to bring up the OSD.

I'm not sure bringing up lyrics is possible at the moment. Under the "Actions" menu is the only thing that you can do: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Key...figuration

Set Up
Hey Guys

So most the info I'm finding is about mapping the keyboard xml which I get. My problem is I can't even get the ATV to recognize any buttons other than the standard apple remote equivalents. Sorry if this is already covered but I have searched and not found anyone else as dumb as me.

ATV2(Eden) with Harmony 880 (tried apple setting -doesn't seem to send other buttons- and generic DVD -ATV doesn't seem to detect other buttons)

My main goal is to map the Menu Exit Guide and Info buttons like I had with xbmc on windows

Thanks
What I would do (and did do) is program another TV's remote to your Apple TV, then learn those buttons to the Harmony. It's a bit more of a manual process but it gave me the exact setup I wanted. In the Apple TV's menu itself is where you teach it another remote, and it will give you a few added buttons to use for a custom keymap if you choose to go that route as well.

From there use the Logitech software to teach the individual buttons to the buttons you want on the remote.

I will reiterate that this is probably an unnecessary way of doing things, but it is definitely a surefire way of accomplishing what you want as long as you have another remote for another device that will not be in the same room as your ATV2 (i.e. in line of sight of your IR signal).
ATV2 running XBMC Eden (Skin: Quartz3)
Windows 7 running XBMC Eden (custom setup as I'm basically running it as a service)
MySQL installed on Windows 7 for sharing libraries
iOS Specific FAQ | Alternative ATV2 keymap | Default ATV2 keymap
Post log files to Pastebin

Did you add apple tv as device for your remote? It should have all key mappings pre-defined. There is no need to do manual learning.
Is there no way to get the ATV2 to do more commands than those that already are added in the apple tv device for harmony remotes?
@akevit - Yes I used a dvd remote and had ATV learn it but that still only gives a very limited set of buttons at hand as I still want pageUP, ChapterSkip, etc..

@milli - Yes I tried the harmony in ATV mode but again it has only the basic buttons and playback buttons. Not enough to map the keys I am looking for.

Thanks for the suggestions but I am totally stumped.

Is the ATV software locking blocking XBMC from receiving other remote codes? Has anyone got this to work?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Logitech Harmony support for ATV2?0