• 48(current)
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)
@aptalca it's becoming hard to follow with different alias in each mail and forums :p

Bigger images was a risk of oom on some platform Sad Seems we hit it.

Seems I'll need to find a correct way to calc dimensions for banners and not using the one I used for hi res images for now playing :p

About starter 1.5 should be better to get to front if you did not update last time and if for whatever reason xbmc got reduced or put back you can long click again and it will comes front.

Had no problem on all tested computers (W 7 and 2K8 R2 x32 and x64).
(2012-08-14, 02:25)Tolriq Wrote: @aptalca it's becoming hard to follow with different alias in each mail and forums :p

Ah, well, didn't realize that, sorry. Next time, I will include my forum handle in the emails as well Cool
(2012-08-12, 00:42)Tolriq Wrote: Thanks for loving Yatse Smile

But from my quick research there's no way to get notified when another app start the voice input Sad So i can't react and do something on Xbmc.

thank you for the reply and the consideration! if i ever hear of a way i'll be sure to send you a smoke signal or two. ;]

as for your inquiry on nightly updating...i was updating for most of june as releases became available but at a point my stability began to suffer as well as my frame rate so i rolled back to the june 21 build as i have the most luck with that particular release it seems, for the time being anyhow.

as for the 2.4 update....WOW! all my issues with picture stuttering/crashing completely gone for movies and music...so buttery smooth now, i can just fly through my entire collection to the amazement of all around me. i knew my gnex was capable with a little extra tlc from you! thanks! Big Grin

however, I do have the issue with banners constantly reloading themselves as I scroll...it never crashes mind you, but every time I move, even a little bit, all the banners feel the need to reload themselves. they must indeed be high resolution as they look fantastically sharp in landscape mode with the small gridview off. i like the small gridview in concept, as normal view is too big, but the small is also too small. need a goldilocks "just right" in between size mode for picky bitches like me. ;]

btw...I also am REALLY looking forward to a now playing playlist within yatse as so glad you're hard at work on that already (take a vacation already, will you! ;] ) as well as more flexibility in the widgets if you would ever consider such a thing. yatse is perfect as it is, but all of these improvements you strive for are so fantastic, torliq.

thank you again! :]]]

and seriously...butter smooth! love it! Big Grin
There's a small bug in 2.4 about high quality banners Smile

Instead of downscaling images to correct size it upscale them a lot taking way too much memory. 2.4.5 will correct this soon.

About grid and small grid it's nearly impossible to get perfect size for every possible Android device Sad Big grids is more for tablets and small grid for phones, you can use small grids on high resolution tablets but the number of on screen items will have negative impact on performance.

What device do you use at what resolution and DPI. If you can post a screen shot of big and small gridview for your device.

For the rest patience is virtue Smile
Version 2.4.5 uploaded :
  • Added : Option for default music page
  • Added : Option to ignore articles in sort (The,...) (Require media Sync)
  • Added : Support all last Frodo release
  • Corrected : Bug corrections and optimizations
(2012-08-15, 16:44)Tolriq Wrote: There's a small bug in 2.4 about high quality banners Smile

Instead of downscaling images to correct size it upscale them a lot taking way too much memory. 2.4.5 will correct this soon.

About grid and small grid it's nearly impossible to get perfect size for every possible Android device Sad Big grids is more for tablets and small grid for phones, you can use small grids on high resolution tablets but the number of on screen items will have negative impact on performance.

What device do you use at what resolution and DPI. If you can post a screen shot of big and small gridview for your device.

For the rest patience is virtue Smile

oh i also meant to mention in my previous post i love the volume slider feature for the configurable button! :]

2.4.5 definitely fixed the previous banner issue but some still remain haha. nothing big, banners in landscape don't fill the screen anymore and seem choppier than in portrait. i can provide an image of this if necessary. portrait banner mode is, however, just about flawless.

love the ability to set a default for music, was hoping that would come eventually! and yes you're right, patience is a virtue! luckily being virtuous waiting for your app updates is easy because they're so frequent and extensive lol! Big Grin

as for my device, I use the samsung galaxy nexus, which has a 240 dpi if im not mistaken. I was kidding for the most part though. the issues I have stem mostly from the size limitations of my device. it's 1280x720 and 4.65" so as amazing as it is for a phone, there's only so much you can do for it as a media center remote/manager. yatse seems to push that particular envelope to the edge all the time! :]

so while I can provide some images, honestly, I don't know if there's much you can do for this device and I really need to get a nexus 7 or something haha! ;]
if you can do screenshots Smile that avoid me to launch slow emulator Smile
(2012-08-15, 22:46)Tolriq Wrote: if you can do screenshots Smile that avoid me to launch slow emulator Smile

i didn't see an upload image feature anywhere in the reply section and i don't have the need to share many images not via social networks or email so here's a shot at linking to a google+ album with a screen capture of the aforementioned issue. no biggie though. thanks again! :]

https://plus.google.com/photos/104662349...rqL7y7WdBA
Well I must admit this render near like I want :p

I need to correct the text that is shown under the images, but big gridview was clearly not designed for phones Smile
Since the update, I'm able to sync Movie Posters, Tv Posters/Season Posters, but Episodes do not sync. I gave it some time to sync. Cleared cache, re installed app, but still nothing. I'll send the logcat file when possible. Just wondering if there would be a reason why it wouldn't show only the episodes?
Not sure to understand what is not syncing you don't have the list of the episodes or you don't have the images for those ?

In either way, please activate debug mode in advanced settings then send me the debug.log file found in your sdcard (/android/data/org.leetzone....../files/debug.log).
(2012-08-15, 22:46)Tolriq Wrote: if you can do screenshots Smile that avoid me to launch slow emulator Smile

(2012-08-15, 23:32)Tolriq Wrote: Well I must admit this render near like I want :p

I need to correct the text that is shown under the images, but big gridview was clearly not designed for phones Smile

haha i totally agree. honestly on my gnex the small gridview is great for just about everything, it's perhaps a bit too small for tv show season posters and episodes...i took 4 more screenshots and added them to that same album, they're the first 4 if you care to check them out. i don't know if there is a sweet spot, but while big is too big and i agree not designed for phones, the small posters and episode images are so tiny and one must sacrifice the episode title too. these are all very, very minor things though. thanks again for being so involved, tolriq. :]
Tolriq one small bug I noticed.. while using the remote keyboard with nightlys (8/4 specifically) the backspace button doesnt seem to work anymore.(?)

I am fairly certain it worked on eden, maybe you or someone else could try and confirm? If it never worked, then I don't know what I'm complaining about :p
@ViZZY Seasons are the same size as movies so not really a problem.

While I do agree that for episodes the small grid is perhaps a little small, there'll never be a way to get episode name in this view.

@skabyss backspace works good in Eden for sure and also in last Frodos tried snapshot 08/14 and alpha build 08/15 and alpha build 08/04 (In both dialog and keymap mode)
Don't know what's wrong with yours.
well crap, must be my ROM or some setting I changed and forgot about

Would you have any suggestions on the best way to try to debug this? Would I be able to find the command or signal sent to xbmc via the xbmc logs?

EDIT: I have my debug log here: http://pastebin.com/TfYCAj4X but what would the 'backspace' command from your application appear as in there? Does this sound right?

CApplication::OnKey: 108 (f16c) pressed, trying keyboard action 61804
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)24