• 29(current)
[AppleTV] CrystalHD Driver for XBMC Launcher
When I try using the sidebar menu, the above skin/screen look or presentation is not offered in the selection. Am I looking in the wrong place? BTW, so far I've been using the USB driven Crystalbuntu and no stuttering. I got the Broadcom card the other day so tiny. Now I'm wondering what would be the benefit of doing the install LOL.

But I still want that version of Confluence as shown above in my previous post.

Mike
It should be there. Are you in File view or Library view?
Is File view where I haven't accessed the media drive but its listed, or is library view when you have accessed the media drive and you have a complete listing? Which view is this:

All I can select is thumbnail, wide icon, list, and big list.

And which view is this:

And as noted earlier, even though I have IMDB and two other scrapers selected/enabled... I don't get movie posters, I just get a distorted screen shot on the right. Maybe you can point me to the links that will activate the missing information.

Mike
Yeah, that's File view. It doesn't look like anything has been scanned into the library yet. Try manually updating the library to start the scan: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ting_files
Hi I just tried the USB installer from stm labs.. Everything loaded as it should but when it comes to putting files on the ATV hd then accessing them from XBMC a problem starts.. I managed to mount the atv hd under media/Intern. I can see the drive and access it, my problem is putting the files on it... I use Transmit to upload files to my atv but under Crystal Unbuntu it says I dont have permission to. I can access my "Time Capsule" and my Mac... Is it possable to use Crystal Unbuntu from USB stick and keep your films etc on the atv hdHuh?
put files/folders on

/home/ATV/

and then add that as a source in XBMC.

EDIT: just re-read your post. Do you mean you want to access the internal HDD while booting form a USB card?
Yeah the latter...I have managed to fix it, I had mounted the wrong Hd.. I am having problems transfering files though, i use Transmit keep getting denied I dont have permission. So I have to boot into ATv Os transfer films then reboot into Crystal Unbuntu little time comsuming...

Plus the scraper isnt picking up my Tv shows. Have tried renaming it Nikita.s02e01.avi
Nikita.S02E01.avi But still doesnt find info.. Any ideas..
I need some help. One of my toys, a 160GB ATV with BC 12 (not 15) installed. I was using Eden, latest OS (3.0.2, Tiger Mutant OS). I run this daily without issues. I know the BC card was working today as I checked and used it (I cant stress too much that I use this daily). I wanted to re-run the install instructions to double check install directions, and I installed everything without issue (Nito 1.0, 10.4.9 recovery, OS.dmg etc). When I got to the last stage of installing the script Ned referenced in the first post, I ran it via sftp, but it failed to show up in downloads. I ran the same script three or four times in the past after borking the ATV without issue, ran the script and voila, BC working. Again I know the card was working just minutes before, so my question is, the script still valid for the Mac OS ver of the atv ? I use Itunes on this box, so buntu is not an option.

Any ideas ? Is it possible to download drivers via sftp and install ?

Cheers

Nigel
(2012-08-17, 01:43)nuggyblake Wrote: I need some help. One of my toys, a 160GB ATV with BC 12 (not 15) installed. I was using Eden, latest OS (3.0.2, Tiger Mutant OS). I run this daily without issues. I know the BC card was working today as I checked and used it (I cant stress too much that I use this daily). I wanted to re-run the install instructions to double check install directions, and I installed everything without issue (Nito 1.0, 10.4.9 recovery, OS.dmg etc). When I got to the last stage of installing the script Ned referenced in the first post, I ran it via sftp, but it failed to show up in downloads. I ran the same script three or four times in the past after borking the ATV without issue, ran the script and voila, BC working. Again I know the card was working just minutes before, so my question is, the script still valid for the Mac OS ver of the atv ? I use Itunes on this box, so buntu is not an option.

Cheers

Nigel

It looks like the issue is that the website where a plist is downloaded is down for maintenance. According to the website's error page, it will be down until the 19th.

I'll see if I can dig up an alternative for you.
(2012-08-17, 02:06)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2012-08-17, 01:43)nuggyblake Wrote: I need some help. One of my toys, a 160GB ATV with BC 12 (not 15) installed. I was using Eden, latest OS (3.0.2, Tiger Mutant OS). I run this daily without issues. I know the BC card was working today as I checked and used it (I cant stress too much that I use this daily). I wanted to re-run the install instructions to double check install directions, and I installed everything without issue (Nito 1.0, 10.4.9 recovery, OS.dmg etc). When I got to the last stage of installing the script Ned referenced in the first post, I ran it via sftp, but it failed to show up in downloads. I ran the same script three or four times in the past after borking the ATV without issue, ran the script and voila, BC working. Again I know the card was working just minutes before, so my question is, the script still valid for the Mac OS ver of the atv ? I use Itunes on this box, so buntu is not an option.

Cheers

Nigel

It looks like the issue is that the website where a plist is downloaded is down for maintenance. According to the website's error page, it will be down until the 19th.

Atleast Im not losing my mind... Im updating boxee/atv install instructions for the boxee forum, hence I was borking and re-installing. I found an install script that sam created, but cant get it to run via ssh (asking to run as root, even after I issue chmod etc). Cheers for any help you can muster.

This makes sense, as I noticed a few days ago that the script has disapeared from downloads, although obviously the drivers were still installed so no panic.

thx

nigel
(2012-08-17, 02:11)nuggyblake Wrote:
(2012-08-17, 02:06)Ned Scott Wrote:

Cheers

Nigel

Atleast Im not losing my mind... Im updating boxee/atv install instructions for the boxee forum, hence I was borking and re-installing. I found an install script that sam created, but cant get it to run via ssh (asking to run as root, even after I issue chmod etc). Cheers for any help you can muster.

This makes sense, as I noticed a few days ago that the script has disapeared from downloads, although obviously the drivers were still installed so no panic.

thx

nigel

I did locate the OSX crystalHD driver from googlecode but Im still not sure how to execute an install. Its one thing to copy kext etc to the right locations but........ I ran smart installer but got nowhere. Any chance the plist can be hosted at an alternate location ? Id be happy to host it or it can stored in a dropbox location.

UPDATE fri 4:36pm (east cost). : Plist back. Site is back up. Ned, as an aside, is there a methodology for manually installing the same drivers ? I would assume that I could copy the crystalhd_update.sh and crystalhd-20101027.tar.gz to the ATV, and run the script (sudo ...).

(2012-08-17, 14:38)nuggyblake Wrote:
(2012-08-17, 02:11)nuggyblake Wrote:
(2012-08-17, 02:06)Ned Scott Wrote: It looks like the issue is that the website where a plist is downloaded is down for maintenance. According to the website's error page, it will be down until the 19th.

thx

nigel

I did locate the OSX crystalHD driver from googlecode but Im still not sure how to execute an install. Its one thing to copy kext etc to the right locations but........ I ran smart installer but got nowhere. Any chance the plist can be hosted at an alternate location ? Id be happy to host it or it can stored in a dropbox location.

UPDATE fri 4:36pm (east cost). : Plist back. Site is back up. Ned, as an aside, is there a methodology for manually installing the same drivers ? I would assume that I could copy the crystalhd_update.sh and crystalhd-20101027.tar.gz to the ATV, and run the script (sudo ...).

Update 2: I answered my own question, YES you can manually install the drivers.

Is it still possible to install CrystalHD drivers for Eden in AppleTV OS version (CrystalBuntu seems to be dead and I see no simple way to install it any longer and would prefer to not lose the original Apple interface for certain things anyway and seeing my TV is only 720p, all I need is for HD material to decode to 720p anyway). My WiFi card on one of my Gen1 ATVs recently died anyway and I've got a Broadcom card just sitting here, but I don't want to install it if I can't get it to work with the current setup (I've got an AC outlet Ethernet in the room now that got it working again without WiFi so it's pretty much begging for the Broadcom card in that respect).
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
OpenELEC 5.95.5 / Kodi 15.1:

http://chewitt.openelec.tv/appletv/
http://openelec.tv/forum/123-apple-atv-mk1

Works well Smile

OSMC / Kodi 15.2 very close to release:
https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/progress-at-last/8689/29

Once installed to the HDD, you can recover the Apple TV Frontrow interface if you ever wanted to easily too.

Its still a pretty capable 24p / 1080p media Player.
720p decoding, depending on the bitrate is possible without a Crystal HD card.

I read bad things about OpenElec's functionality on AppleTV (how the GUI works with the remote, etc.) so I never tried it. OSMC has been under "coming soon" for a long time so I wrote it off, but if it comes out soon I'd give it a try with a USB stick at least and see how it does.

I'd actually prefer to just have Crystal decoding under Eden with the Frontrow interface if that were possible since I don't need any newer XBMC/KODI features and then I can come and go without having to pull the USB stick or reinstall.

Meanwhile, if FireCore can get an untethered jailbreak soon for AppleTV Gen2, I'll be using that instead (I have a Gen2 unit here). They just released a tethered version for its final firmware, but it doesn't seem to like El Capitan 10.11.1 too well. Even tethered final firmware would be better than a Gen1 machine, I think other than the on-board storage since you get Netflix and other players as well and it uses a lot less power.
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] CrystalHD Driver for XBMC Launcher3