• 63(current)
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator
I found that there are several .py files in the resources folder for free cable on my machine, but the channels don't show up in the directory within XBMC... TBS, TNT, Disney, etc.

do these channels not work, or is there something I can do to get these to come up?
(2012-08-12, 16:35)sthomas13 Wrote: I found that there are several .py files in the resources folder for free cable on my machine, but the channels don't show up in the directory within XBMC... TBS, TNT, Disney, etc.

do these channels not work, or is there something I can do to get these to come up?
Turn them on in the setting
got it- thanks!

next question... would it be possible to copy the settings from one of those .py files & re-configure it to load a different site?

I'm trying to be able to use http://disney.go.com/disneyjunior/videos-episodes for my little girl
The channels that are turned off in the setting don't work or as in tnt cable customer only. The are labeled in the settings. As far as reconfigure, leave that to bluecop. If the channel can be made I am sure he will try and do it for you when he gets time.
Bluecop....does your repozip work for XBMC on a Mac?
(2012-08-13, 18:18)rossdret Wrote: Bluecop....does your repozip work for XBMC on a Mac?

I'll pipe in. It should. I have it installed on my test machine (a MacBook Air) running OSX 10.8 and it works fine. I also ran it under 10.7. I'm pretty sure the repos are platform agnostic. The software in the repos might not be, but the repo itself is (I think).

I've skimmed throuh the thread but can't really find the answer.
What causes the plugin script to file 30% - 50% of the time?

I can choose a show, have it fail.
Wait 5 minutes.
Try it again and it works.....

Am I missing a setting?

Hardwired to the router FWIW.
The streaming site may be overloaded at the time? Only way to know for sure why it fails is to enable debug logging in XBMC and review the contents of the log after a request fails.
Woke up this morning and it seems the plugin has crashed. I am going to run some tests, but I wanted to just see if anyone else had this happen today.

Update # 1: It's not just this plugin, its all my plugins. Will post more later.

Update # 2: Error was on my end, sorry. I'll shut up now.
(2012-08-15, 15:15)TJM1985 Wrote: Woke up this morning and it seems the plugin has crashed. I am going to run some tests, but I wanted to just see if anyone else had this happen today.

Update # 1: It's not just this plugin, its all my plugins. Will post more later.

Update # 2: Error was on my end, sorry. I'll shut up now.

LOL!!!!!!!! Man, you reminded me of...... me! HA!
Totally embarrassed about this. I watch The Daily Show every morning as I eat my breakfast and got freaked.
Is anyone having problems with the free cable repo? Most of the shows don't work. All CBS doesn't work. Most get error script failed.

Also, something off topic. But when I add shows to the favorites menu and go back to watch the favorited show it is saved as something totally different. Has anyone else had this problem??

Here is my log
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6856
I've noticed a couple networks not work lately as well. CBS and PBS Newshour, maybe their streams have been moved?
I committed a fix for CBS. They just changed their setup slightly.

busy lately will look into other problems later.
Hello. I'm brand spanking new to the forum, though I have done some occasional lurking. =)

Let me start by thanking you, Blue Cop. This plugin is the bomb. I love it! XBMC is a dream, but having the ability to watch shows that sometimes aren't reliably available for download (like Project Runway or my soap opera) is such a dream! Generally speaking, these types of geek toys are more male-centric, so it's sometimes challenging as a woman to find the shows that *I* want to watch. So thank you so much for all of your hard work. I do understand how much work goes into this type of thing (I am a developer) and how little it can be appreciated sometimes.

All that being said, I just have a quick, simple question. Should I assume that the fix for CBS is in Eden only?

Funny thing, it was just working in Dharma last week (it had been broken for months and then miraculously started working again) and now it's giving the old script error again. We're still running Dharma...something to do with our Linux install being too old and my husband not wanting to 'start over'. That's only going to get him by for so long, though. Eventually I'll have to insist!

Thanks for your time!
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator10