• 93(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
Hi....I can't get the web server functionality working. It is enabled, but I cannot change the port. I already have something on port 8080. When I shut this app down, I still cannot use the web server on Ember.

Any tips please?
Bodrick,

I hope the bulk renamer is part of that repair. You are doing a super job as I tried to leave Ember behind and have yet to find anything that comes close to it. Thank you for picking it up and continue working on it.
Wow! How did I miss that Ember has been picked up again?! Ive been using Ember since about 2009 and was sad to see it get dropped not once, but twice. Thankfully whatever old version I have at home still works, but I am excited to try the new version out and see what new features are available! Smile

Keep up the good work everyone, its definitely appreciated! Smile
I also just started using Ember and was wondering if the web server component was functional. I'm looking for something to throw on my server to automate metadata downloads and to interact with it through a browser.

Also getting a bunch of Hebrew/Russian posters -- assume that an English-only restriction is in the works.
HTPC: Intel NUC BOXD34010WYKH1 | Panasonic TC-P50S30 | Denon AVR-1712, Jamo S606 HC3 5.0 | Logitech Harmony One
Server: Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F-O | Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 | 16GB DDR1600 ECC | Fractal Design Node 804 | 3 WD Red 3TB, 3 WD Red 4TB, 1 WD Red 6TB
Nice, thanks for the info.

One of these days I will get to updating the boxee module to make it work correctly for BB users.
What's up, love the software!

I do have one issue with XBMC and movie set management over network.

Some movies are put into sets just fine, and others don't go into sets at all. I have set up XBMC fresh, trying to get the sets to recognize properly but only some movies are placed into their designated sets.

Sometimes some sets are only half full or a 1/4 full compared to the Ember Media Manager set feature. I can't seem to find out how to fix this issue. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
@sjestus, Perhaps you added them to sets with EMM after they were scanned into XMBC's db? Have you tried-- in XBMC-- refreshing the info for the specific movies that aren't in sets?
Here's something that I'm surprised hasn't been discussed. In EMM, I am able to select dtsma as an audio codec, but XBMC doesn't recognize this codec properly. I've found that going in and manually changing the codec to "dtshdma" in the nfo causes it to be recognized perfectly in XBMC. Is there a way to either change the codec or include dtshdma in the drop down? Thanks in advance.
Movieset seems not to work any more so I use xwmm for that. Maybe something change in Eden but no big deal.
I know this is probably wishful thinking but... Smile

Is there any chance or idea that maybe while scraping for images, we can scrape fanart.tv as well for logos and clearart as well?
(2012-08-26, 05:37)_matt_ Wrote: @sjestus, Perhaps you added them to sets with EMM after they were scanned into XMBC's db? Have you tried-- in XBMC-- refreshing the info for the specific movies that aren't in sets?

Yes, I did it twice just to make sure I did it right. I also made sure that everything was starting fresh, so I completely uninstalled XBMC and tried from there, and still the same thing. I'll try to learn more about XWMM I guess.

Update --

XWMM has resolved my movie set issues. Ember is still great for scraping, thank you for the support.
Hello

i would write a bug/support ticket but i cant register on the EmberMM Site.
I try it here :-)
(Maybee you can fix it when you rewrite the code)

The Gengre workflow is very stressfull (i think):
* I can set/add Genre to film if i rightclick >> Genre >> add/set the Gengre
* the Gengre info from the film is now in the "internal cache" from ember. not in the nfo files!
* i know only one way to write this information in the nfo file:
* i must open the film info (doubleclick or enter) and then close the window with ok.
* now ist the genre in the nfo

this is ok when i edit the gengre from one film.(but i edit a single film in the film info window at the checkboxes. not over the "right-click" context menu)
but if i would change the gengre (or add/del gengres) for many films (multiselect), then i must open every Film and close the Film window to write all nfo files.

thanks

edit.
the same problem ist when i read the "Meta Data" from Films. The data is not in the nfo. I must open and close every film to write the informations in the nfo files.
If i choose "NFO Only" in the Scrapping Menü then Ember want to rescrappe the films. :-(
Maybe a menu called "Write NFO" with a "cache>>nfo write function" is an Idea?
(2012-08-26, 16:22)fional Wrote: I know this is probably wishful thinking but... Smile

Is there any chance or idea that maybe while scraping for images, we can scrape fanart.tv as well for logos and clearart as well?

Good call Fiona
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
anyone else having issues scraping TV shows? Just downloaded newest version and it wont' scrape the shows
hello everybody...
1 . it's possible to combine two scrappers with ember.
for example the well known imdb.com + filmaffinity (spanish page)
my goal is to scrape, rebuild, completing info for my movies with all the info given by imdb.com except for plot, outline-plot and tagline

2. it's possible to mark movies as watched? .Then in xbmc with aeon nox skin showing the watched sitck?

thanksssss
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26