• 69(current)
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth
Looks like some PVR code is getting merged upstream:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1357

Add-ons aren't included, and the website that's supposed to include them doesn't have mythtv. I suppose tsp42 will be supplying that code.
Thanks for all your hard work. I've been building this on an AppleTV 1 since last October with great success.

I'm having some issues running the latest builds on Ubuntu Hardy on an ATV1 (Crystalbuntu). I have all the dependencies including Boost 1.46.1

The following error occurs when I launch X with xinit /usr/local/bin/xbmc --standalone.

Code:
/usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr: undefined symbol: _ZN5boost11filesystem34path21wchar_t_codecvt_facetEv

I've tried compiling with Boost 1.51.0 but ran into some compilation issues.

Any idea what this may be? I'm trying to squeeze some more life out of my ATV1 units since they run Crystalbuntu brilliantly.

Thanks!
(2012-08-29, 17:54)allen00se Wrote: Also regarding your random stoppage of live tv, I get the same thing, but it coincides with the end of a TV show. If one episode of sports center ends at 10pm Livetv stops at 10 then I have to restart to watch the next episode.

Just upgraded to myth 0.25 and now have the same issue. No problem when I used 0.24. Weird.

/D
Hi,

I seem to recall having a similar issue and it had to do with pre-Frodo looking up audio devices differently to Eden.

There is a patch out there but I thought that was merged into the upstream openelec code.

Cheers,

Phoenix

(2012-09-02, 16:14)socrates324 Wrote: Hi speed32219,

thank you for your very early reply (!)

I tried to follow your steps closely but still no sound. Let my show you what I've done,
since the error is usually located between keyboard and chair :-)

1.)

Code:
sudo cp alsa-base.conf alsa-base.conf.orig
echo "options snd-hda-intel model=6stack-digout " | sudo tee -a /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

socrates@hexbmc01:/etc/modprobe.d$ diff alsa-base.conf alsa-base.conf.orig
44d43
< options snd-hda-intel model=6stack-digout

Seems to have worked out.

Then you asked me to:

(2012-09-02, 05:55)speed32219 Wrote: then run aplay -l and build a /home/usr_dir/.asoundrc file with settings from aplay -l cmd output. Where usr_dir is your home directory.

So I've checked http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/.asoundrc and came up with the following:

Code:
socrates@hexbmc01:~$ cat .asoundrc
pcm.nvidia_sound {
        type hw
        card 1
        device 7
}

ctl.nvidia_sound {
        type hw
        card 1
        device 7
}

# Das dmix-Plugin wird definiert.
pcm.dmixer {
    type dmix
    ipc_key 1024
    ipc_perm 0666       # Andere Benutzer können ebenfalls dmix gleichzeitig nutzen
    slave.pcm "nvidia_sound"
    slave {
        ### buffer_size kann bei Problemen der jeweiligen Karte angepasst werden.
        period_time 0
        period_size 1024
        buffer_size 4096
        ### bei Störungen kann die Konvertierung auf die Rate 44100 eingeschaltet werden.
        # rate 44100
        ### einige Soundkarten benötigen das exakte Datenformat (zB ice1712)
        # format S32_LE
        ### Verfügbare Formate: S8 U8 S16_LE S16_BE U16_LE U16_BE S24_LE S24_BE U24_LE U24_BE
        ###               S32_LE S32_BE U32_LE U32_BE FLOAT_LE FLOAT_BE FLOAT64_LE FLOAT64_BE
        ###               IEC958_SUBFRAME_LE IEC958_SUBFRAME_BE MU_LAW A_LAW IMA_ADPCM MPEG GSM
        ### Anzahl channels muss mit den bindings übereinstimmen
        channels 2
    }
    bindings {
        0 0
        1 1
    }
}

# Das dsnoop-Plugin, welches es erlaubt, mehrere Programme gleichzeitig aufnehmen zu lassen.
pcm.dsnooper {
    type dsnoop
    ipc_key 2048
    ipc_perm 0666
    slave.pcm "nvidia_sound"
    slave
    {
        period_time 0
        period_size 1024
        buffer_size 4096
        # bei Störungen kann die Konvertierung auf die Rate 44100 eingeschaltet werden.
        # rate 44100
        # einige Soundkarten benötigen das exakte Datenformat (zB ice1712)
        # format S32_LE
        ### Anzahl channels muss mit den bindings übereinstimmen
        channels 2
    }
    bindings {
        0 0
        1 1
    }
}

# Dies definiert unser Fullduplex-Plugin als Standard für alle ALSA-Programme.
pcm.duplex {
    type asym
    playback.pcm "dmixer"
    capture.pcm "dsnooper"
}

pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "duplex"
}
socrates@hexbmc01:~$

(Oh ... sorry, I've just realized the ubuntu .asound page is in german, not english... )

Anyway, rebooted and tried every "HDA NVidia, HDMI 0" in xbmc-tsp with no luck.

Then I went on with your advice:

Code:
socrates@hexbmc01:/etc/modprobe.d$ tail -f alsa-base.conf
options snd-usb-us122l index=-2
options snd-usb-usx2y index=-2
# Ubuntu #62691, enable MPU for snd-cmipci
options snd-cmipci mpu_port=0x330 fm_port=0x388
# Keep snd-pcsp from being loaded as first soundcard
options snd-pcsp index=-2
# Keep snd-usb-audio from beeing loaded as first soundcard
options snd-usb-audio index=-2
#options snd-hda-intel model=6stack-digout
options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=0 probe_mask=0xfff2

When I tried to run "/etc/init.d/alsa-utils restart" it cannot find alsa-utils.

Code:
ocrates@hexbmc01:~$ ll /etc/init.d/ |grep alsa
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root    21 2011-10-11 09:28 alsa-restore -> /lib/init/upstart-job*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root    21 2011-10-11 09:28 alsa-store -> /lib/init/upstart-job*

ocrates@hexbmc01:~$ dpkg -la |grep alsa
ii  alsa-base                            1.0.24+dfsg-0ubuntu2                             ALSA driver configuration files
ii  alsa-tools                           1.0.24.1-0ubuntu1                                Console based ALSA utilities for specific hardware
ii  alsa-utils                           1.0.24.2-0ubuntu8.1                              Utilities for configuring and using ALSA
ii  gstreamer0.10-alsa                   0.10.35-1                                        GStreamer plugin for ALSA
rc  libsdl1.2debian-alsa                 1.2.14-6.1ubuntu4                                Simple DirectMedia Layer (with X11 and ALSA options)
ii  libsox-fmt-alsa                      14.3.2-1ubuntu1                                  SoX alsa format I/O library
socrates@hexbmc01:~$

Very strange.

On the bright side, I now can use "aplay file.wav" instead of "aplay -D plughw:1,7 file.wav"

Any further thoughts on how to get sound in xbmc-tsp to work?

kind regards,

Soc

(2012-09-04, 05:18)PhoenixMage Wrote: Hi,

I seem to recall having a similar issue and it had to do with pre-Frodo looking up audio devices differently to Eden.

There is a patch out there but I thought that was merged into the upstream openelec code.

Cheers,

Phoenix

Now that they are merging the PVR branch into the xbmc mainline I think the audio issues, probably related to AudioEngine, are being given more consideration. I see there are some comments floating around the pull request: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1357#i...nt-8238168
(2012-09-02, 11:33)InoD Wrote: For those interested: OpenELEC 2.0b7 with tsp's Eden-PVR version of XBMC:
ION 64-bit
Ultra 64-bit

What changed for this version?
Will tsp need to re-write the addon code for it to be compatible with the newly merged Frodo code? As far as I understand it, we will need to compile and install the addon only from this point onwards? Or is there still code in tsp's branch that the libcmyth addon relies upon that has not made it into the main code? Would love to hear some feedback from tsp on this point. I assume he's refactoring his code in line with the current changes?
(2012-09-05, 09:50)Jimmer Wrote: Will tsp need to re-write the addon code for it to be compatible with the newly merged Frodo code? As far as I understand it, we will need to compile and install the addon only from this point onwards?

As I understand, that's the general idea. I assume that at some point the cmyth add-on should fork from:

https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons

rather than the main core repository (although tsp/xbmc will probably stay around to push core xbmc changes that are needed for myth support), is that the case, tsp42? Ideally the cmyth add-on would be pushed into odk's xbmc-pvr-addons repo on a regular basis.

Quote:[Or is there still code in tsp's branch that the libcmyth addon relies upon that has not made it into the main code? Would love to hear some feedback from tsp on this point. I assume he's refactoring his code in line with the current changes?

I hope so, I pinged him on this thread a while back, but no reply. He did push to tsp/xbmc about 5 days ago, so I assume he's just snowed under with other work.
So I guess I can't just compile xbmc master and tsp master and then paste over the libcmyth addon? Or is that just a completely stupid question? I've been waiting on this merge forever but now my addon is orphaned. Lol
the add-on will need to be submitted to the add-on repos first indeed: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
(2012-09-05, 23:30)dushmaniac Wrote: the add-on will need to be submitted to the add-on repos first indeed: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons

Thanks, dushmaniac. I assume that tsp would probably want to first fork https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons to make local changes/additions, which we users could clone then compile and test, and he would then periodically push back to https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons Is that the usual development flow?

I assume that this new add-ons tree could be compiled against with the current upstream core xbmc so long as API stays constant? How is the API versioned btw?
Hello all,

May be going over old ground here but...

Have tsp's changes to XBMC source code been pushed to Team XBMC? I believe the libcmyth addon will only work with tsp's branch of XBMC?

What of the development of timeshifting (pause, fast-rewind and fast-forward of live TV), this is present in tsp's branch of XBMC but not in others?

Many thanks,
Guy
(2012-09-06, 01:09)fiveisalive Wrote:
(2012-09-05, 23:30)dushmaniac Wrote: the add-on will need to be submitted to the add-on repos first indeed: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons

Thanks, dushmaniac. I assume that tsp would probably want to first fork https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons to make local changes/additions, which we users could clone then compile and test, and he would then periodically push back to https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons Is that the usual development flow?

I assume that this new add-ons tree could be compiled against with the current upstream core xbmc so long as API stays constant? How is the API versioned btw?
yes indeed. version numbers can be found here: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-ad...ypes.h#L75
and there's a sticky topic here explaining API changes.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Anyone know if tsp42 is alive and well? He hasn't been on the site since 8/13. Maybe he's been busy with life.... Anyways, he probably has not seen the news about the PVR branch being merged with XBMC Core because he hasn't been on...
"Live to Win!"
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
I saw that he merged some translations into github on Aug 31. The anticipation is killing me since MythTV seems to be the only linux backend that I can use with my HD PVR and IR blaster setup. I am checking this thread like crazy though hoping to see something from tsp.
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth8