• 94(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
I have the following problem:

Mind you, every single show follows the same naming. [root folder]\Show Title\Show Title - SxxExx.avi

I am trying to scrape all my TV shows. Started out with "30 Rock", "Boston Legal" and "Breaking Bad" all working perfectly fine. Missing episodes were shown while the ones I actually have are shown that way, as well. Then I headed over to "Castle" and suddenly it says I don't have a single episode on my HDD, except for Season 3 - Episode 10, which I do not have on my HDD. Then onwards to "Chuck" and the same problem. I have 5 seasons of "Chuck" and it shows me all of them as missing. Thinking it might have to do with show names (the first three working had 2 words in the title, while the two not working have only one word) I head over to "Criminal Minds" and scrape it just perfectly. Onwards to "Family Guy" and it shows me 11 seasons of which apparently I'm missing every single episode, but I do have Season 10. I try another time with "Friends", where I have every single season and it shows me all of them as missing. I have absolutely no clue why it's happening and how to fix it. Anyone help please? ):
(2012-08-24, 02:29)PeteB Wrote: Hi....I can't get the web server functionality working. It is enabled, but I cannot change the port. I already have something on port 8080. When I shut this app down, I still cannot use the web server on Ember.

Any tips please?

Still cannot get the web server functionality working (Windows 7)....Any help please?
1) How do you save multiple pics in the "Select Poster" window?

2) What temporary folder is everything downloaded to for the scrapped art that is displayed during the selection process?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
The "Update Library" function is no longer working. Ember gets stuck on "Performing Preliminary Tasks (Gathering Data)". Following is the error logged in "errlog.txt" file.

Title: Error
StackTrace: at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
at System.Convert.ToDateTime(String value)
at EmberAPI.Scanner.bwPrelim_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Date/Time: 31-08-2012 10:46:36
(2012-08-07, 23:08)charlie0440 Wrote: Ember keeps crashing (Not responding) when I try and scrape more then one movie at a time.

The log always says

Code:
Title: Error
Message: Could not find a part of the path 'T:\Movies\DVDs\CITY_OF_GOD\movie.nfo'.
StackTrace:    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)
   at EmberAPI.NFO.SaveMovieToNFO(DBMovie& movieToSave)
Date/Time: 07/08/2012 22:05:23
===========================================================================================

I think it is to do with the renamer, as movie.nfo is located in T:\Movies\DVDs\City_of_God_(2013)

Any help?

I am having this exact same problem, it seems to occur when I have NFO checked for scrape and automatic rename. If I turn off nfo but keep rename on all is well, when I turn off rename but keep nfo on all is well, when I have the two set that error occurs. It seems to be looking for the nfo file in the old path after the folder is renamed maybe? I cant seem to fix it.

Update with FIX

Disable the notification for movie scrape under Modules.

Hi guys

I've been using EMM for a while now with my Popcorn Hour and am moving over to XBMC but need a little help

What i want to do is use the files I've already made with EMM so XBMC uses the local files i have already sorted out rather than downloading them.

The only problem is i have the wrong file names and types, I've read that i need folder.jpg, movie.tbn, poster.jpg, fanart.jpg, <movie>-fanart.jpg, and <movie>.nfo but i set my EMM up to save <movie>.jpg, <movie>.fanart.jpg and <movie>.nfo to work with YAMJ

The question i need to know is if i check the relevant boxes in settings>>file and sources will EMM make them files for me from the ones i already have?

Also in options>>file system i see a "clean files" box, if i check /<movie>.jpg, /<movie>.fanart.jpg and /<movie>.nfo will that delete the previous files i had and keep the new ones (if EMM does make new ones)?

Thanks
I have tried the clean files tick box in the past few weeks, but it didn't work for me!
(2012-04-22, 20:25)TeKo Wrote:
(2012-04-22, 19:46)tedappleberry Wrote:
(2012-04-21, 16:49)TeKo Wrote: Nope everything the same.

XBMC reads the nfos only once so just scrape everything update your DB and you should have access to it from the other machines.

OK, so to use EMM and XBMC with multiple users and MYSQL in what order should things be done? Like, at what point to I export my library and import in to Mysql? Before or after running EMM? My goal is to have all users runnng xBMC to be using Mysql and the shared data generated from EMM. Do I even need to use the shared thumb nails setting in advancedsettings.xml?

Thanks!

Use Ember to scrape every movie. Use your main machine to scan every movie into XBMC (only time XBMC uses the files scraped with Ember). You should have every Movie in your MySQL db and should be able to access them from every machine. Sharing thumbnails is optional if you want to save some space and its easy to update.

Since Ember's database file, Media.emm, is just a standard SQLite database file, has anyone exported that information out directly into a XMBC Mysql database?

OR, would it be better just to allow XBMC to rescan the media library?
(2012-09-06, 16:59)boppyman Wrote: Hi guys

I've been using EMM for a while now with my Popcorn Hour and am moving over to XBMC but need a little help

What i want to do is use the files I've already made with EMM so XBMC uses the local files i have already sorted out rather than downloading them.

The only problem is i have the wrong file names and types, I've read that i need folder.jpg, movie.tbn, poster.jpg, fanart.jpg, <movie>-fanart.jpg, and <movie>.nfo but i set my EMM up to save <movie>.jpg, <movie>.fanart.jpg and <movie>.nfo to work with YAMJ

The question i need to know is if i check the relevant boxes in settings>>file and sources will EMM make them files for me from the ones i already have?

Also in options>>file system i see a "clean files" box, if i check /<movie>.jpg, /<movie>.fanart.jpg and /<movie>.nfo will that delete the previous files i had and keep the new ones (if EMM does make new ones)?

Thanks

One of the changes I intend to make is to make this whole process simpler. My idea is to work from a template and format the data into that template, the template being Popcorn Hour, XBMC or Boxee etc, probably a combination of XML and XSLT, so that a) the template can be changed easily, b) templates can be created for other media center apps and c) means that those updates can be done by the community easily.

So I've been working on a major rewrite of Ember, currently things are still pretty broken but functionality wise things are slowly taking shape. I'm thinking of pushing out a release solely for the purpose to get ideas and opinions on the direction I'm taking. This release will be far from perfect, will have a lot of missing functionality, but the core if there. Is this something folks would be interested in, or should I just wait and get something a little more solid out there. I guess I just don't want you all to think I've abandoned the project, when in reality, I've made some significant changes and I think improvements to the way Ember works and its future maintainability.
We do all this for the fun of it, we don't care about the rewards or the riches, we do it because its who we are.

Visit my project page for Ember at http://ember.purplepig.net
I'd be happy to help test a feature-incomplete build, bodrick. And I dig the template idea.
How can I get the Trailer url to work? Already enabled it in Settings, but doesn't do anything. Also no green plus next to the url field, but grayed out. Thanks
Trying to add picture for Weeds s8, and info for 805 and onwards. EMM refuses to download them. Doesn't even show a picture for s8. TheTVDB has pictures and info for all of them.
(2012-09-07, 19:53)bodrick Wrote:

Thanks

One of the changes I intend to make is to make this whole process simpler. My idea is to work from a template and format the data into that template, the template being Popcorn Hour, XBMC or Boxee etc, probably a combination of XML and XSLT, so that a) the template can be changed easily, b) templates can be created for other media center apps and c) means that those updates can be done by the community easily.

So I've been working on a major rewrite of Ember, currently things are still pretty broken but functionality wise things are slowly taking shape. I'm thinking of pushing out a release solely for the purpose to get ideas and opinions on the direction I'm taking. This release will be far from perfect, will have a lot of missing functionality, but the core if there. Is this something folks would be interested in, or should I just wait and get something a little more solid out there. I guess I just don't want you all to think I've abandoned the project, when in reality, I've made some significant changes and I think improvements to the way Ember works and its future maintainability.

I'm happy to test!
(2012-09-08, 00:14)Dragen Wrote: Trying to add picture for Weeds s8, and info for 805 and onwards. EMM refuses to download them. Doesn't even show a picture for s8. TheTVDB has pictures and info for all of them.

There may be a better solution, but in instances like yours I just Ctrl+I each episode (and the season so you can select fanart, etc.).
(2012-09-07, 19:53)bodrick Wrote:

Thanks

Good stuff, if you need the file names that YAMJ and the PCH need for banners, covers, movie info ect i'll help you out.

Just to go back to my question, i have found out that checking the boxes i mentioned above would add the files to work on XBMC but could i remove the old files that YAMJ uses with the "clean files" check box to so i don't have loads of duplicate files wasting space?
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26