• 18(current)
Extra REGEX for TV Show Episode matching
(2012-09-02, 11:16)xbmcuser123 Wrote: Hi,

This may have already been posted in this long thread but I need some help on the naming convention.
I have several HDDs each containing a TV Show folder : TV 1, TV 2, etc etc
I have created a folder named TV and created inside seveveral junctions.
So the file structure is :
TV/TV 1/ TV Show 1/ Season 1/TV SHow 1.S01E01.avi
TV/TV 1/ TV Show 1/ Season 2/TV SHow 1.S01E01.avi
TV/TV 2/ TV Show 1/ Season 1/TV SHow 1.S01E01.avi

Whenever I add a new hard drive I create a new TV x folder and the associated junction link.

I would like to add TV as the source folder for XBMC library instead of adding each TV x folder.
Which naming convention shall I use for that ?

Thank you for your help

Did you really made this? Then TV Show 1 Season 1 would be doubled (on TV1 and TV2) and the episodes of TV Show 1 Season 2 are improperly named as *S01E?? instead of *S02E??
This would be a hard work for a regex...
Thanks for your reply, sorry I did not explain properly, no series are doubled. They are all under second level directory, not on the root :

TV/TV 1/ TV Show 2/ Season 1/TV SHow 2.S01E01.avi
TV/TV 1/ TV Show 2/ Season 2/TV SHow 2.S01E01.avi
TV/TV 2/ TV Show 3/ Season 1/TV SHow 3.S01E01.avi
TV/TV 2/ TV Show 3/ Season 2/TV SHow 3.S01E01.avi

Series are not under root directory TV, but under subdirectories TV 1, TV 2, ..., TV n

TV
!--------- TV 1
!-------------- Series 1
!-------------- Series 2
!-------------- Series 3
!-------------- etc
!--------- TV 2
!-------------- Series n
!-------------- Series n+1
!-------------- Series n+2
!-------------- etc
!--------- TV n
!-------------- Series x
!-------------- Series x+1
!-------------- Series x+2
!-------------- etc

I would like to use default settings in XBMC (my series are properly named for defaults) to be applied for TV 1, TV 2, etc levels by skipping the root directory TV.

Hope this is clearer that way.

Thanks for your help in advance.
(2012-09-05, 19:31)xbmcuser123 Wrote: TV/TV 1/ TV Show 1/ Season 1/TV SHow 1.S01E01.avi
TV/TV 1/ TV Show 2/ Season 2/TV SHow 2.S01E01.avi
TV/TV 2/ TV Show 3/ Season 2/TV SHow 3.S01E01.avi

Hi,
there is still a naming issue with the seasons:
your seasons all beginn with S01 no matter what season they are.
The naming scheme is NAME_OF_SHOW_S(eason)xxE(pisode)yy.EXT as you can find here
Maybe this could be the problem?
Please check again your naming.

About adding to the sources - I am using something similar to your structure:
video/Series/FSK00/TV_Show_A/(files and subfolders mixed)
video/Series/FSK00/TV_Show_B/(files and subfolders mixed)
video/Series/FSK06/TV_Show_C/(files and subfolders mixed)
and so on.

FSKnn is the German system for the suitable age (FSK00, FSK06, FSK12, FSK16 and FSK18).

The only thing I have to look at is the naming convention of the files inside my TV_Show_X folder and the name of the TV_Show_X folder itself, xbmc is looking deeply in the file structure under the TV_Show_X folder.

But I have to add each FSKnn-folder to the sources.
You can add multiple media location to one source - have a look here

So a source could contain video/Series/FSK00, video/Series/FSK06 and video/Series/FSK12 and another source could contain video/Series/FSK16 and video/Series/FSK18
thanks for your reply.
Apologies for the mistakes again,
my structure is indeed
TV/TV 1/ TV Show 1/ Season 2/TV SHow 1.S02E01.avi
TV/TV 1/ TV Show 2/ Season 2/TV SHow 2.S02E01.avi
TV/TV 2/ TV Show 3/ Season 2/TV SHow 3.S02E01.avi

I am currently using your method by adding each individual source.
Since I regularly add new sources, I was wondering if there was a way to tell XBMC by proper regex to scan second level directory instead of the root to avoiding adding new sources and make it automatic. That would be easier for maintenance because I have several HTPC using XBMC.

Thanks.
If you have several htpc, are you using a mySQL db for them all?
I'm running one with frodo, so the work with sources, thumbs and posters etc. is needed only once for all machines on the network.
I heard about mysql db but I did not know sources could be centralized.
I will have a look.
Thanks for all your replies Handrauf.
Smile 
Another Anime tip and a question of my own....

I have found that by adding the simple regexp "<regexp>[/\._ \-]()([0-9]+)(-[0-9]+)?</regexp>" from the wiki for absolute numbering of single season TV shows that my anime scrapes correctly 99% of the time. However, where this fix ultimately fails is with episodes that count into the triple digits.

For example, the following file will be found as expected (I use AniDB.net to scrape):

Hanasaku Iroha
|-----[Coalgirls]_Hanasaku_Iroha_01_(1920x1080_Blu-Ray_FLAC)_[DF0A6D51].mkv

Even version files are found with not hiccups:

Durarara
|-----[EC]Durarara - 01v3(1280x720 h264)[9FA1A46E].mkv

However, when episodes surpass 99, the scraper assumes the first digit is the season; thus, "[Taka]_Naruto_Shippuuden_135_[480p][9073B8C2].ogm" returns as "1x35. Naruto Shippuuden"

Is there anyway to get to the XBMC defaults so that I can disable foo.101.* as naming convention? I never name any of my episodes this way (really, does anyone?), and I think it would easily solve my issue, and work for other anime watchers as well.

Thanks in advance for any help with this matter! Big Grin
Hi,
have you tried to rename the triple-digit-episodes like
"[Taka]_Naruto_Shippuuden_S01E135_[480p][9073B8C2].ogm"?
Will the episode be scraped correctly?
(2012-09-07, 09:09)Haudrauf Wrote: Hi,

Yes, that does work, but it is not desirable. I like to keep my episode naming conventions consistent, and since absolute numbering is the standard for anime, that's what I'd like to stick with.

I'd rather not have:
[SubGroup]Anime.Title.97(1080p.FLAC)[1234ABCD]
[SubGroup]Anime.Title.98(1080p.FLAC)[1234ABCD]
[SubGroup]Anime.Title.99(1080p.FLAC)[1234ABCD]
[SubGroup]Anime.Title.S1E100(1080p.FLAC)[1234ABCD]

Nor do I want to rename 99 episode to mach the "S1E01" formatting. Ideally, there would be a way to remove "foo.101.*" formatting from the defaults. That way all my TV shows can follow S1E01 and my Anime can follow absolute numbering and I will not have to go through the laborious task of renaming all my files.
(2012-09-07, 04:50)mightybalthazar Wrote: Another Anime tip and a question of my own....

I have found that by adding the simple regexp "<regexp>[/\._ \-]()([0-9]+)(-[0-9]+)?</regexp>" from the wiki for absolute numbering of single season TV shows that my anime scrapes correctly 99% of the time. However, where this fix ultimately fails is with episodes that count into the triple digits.

For example, the following file will be found as expected (I use AniDB.net to scrape):

Hanasaku Iroha
|-----[Coalgirls]_Hanasaku_Iroha_01_(1920x1080_Blu-Ray_FLAC)_[DF0A6D51].mkv

Even version files are found with not hiccups:

Durarara
|-----[EC]Durarara - 01v3(1280x720 h264)[9FA1A46E].mkv

However, when episodes surpass 99, the scraper assumes the first digit is the season; thus, "[Taka]_Naruto_Shippuuden_135_[480p][9073B8C2].ogm" returns as "1x35. Naruto Shippuuden"

Is there anyway to get to the XBMC defaults so that I can disable foo.101.* as naming convention? I never name any of my episodes this way (really, does anyone?), and I think it would easily solve my issue, and work for other anime watchers as well.

Thanks in advance for any help with this matter! Big Grin

(2012-09-08, 21:58)mightybalthazar Wrote:
(2012-09-07, 09:09)Haudrauf Wrote: Hi,

Yes, that does work, but it is not desirable. I like to keep my episode naming conventions consistent, and since absolute numbering is the standard for anime, that's what I'd like to stick with.

I'd rather not have:
[SubGroup]Anime.Title.97(1080p.FLAC)[1234ABCD]
[SubGroup]Anime.Title.98(1080p.FLAC)[1234ABCD]
[SubGroup]Anime.Title.99(1080p.FLAC)[1234ABCD]
[SubGroup]Anime.Title.S1E100(1080p.FLAC)[1234ABCD]

Nor do I want to rename 99 episode to mach the "S1E01" formatting. Ideally, there would be a way to remove "foo.101.*" formatting from the defaults. That way all my TV shows can follow S1E01 and my Anime can follow absolute numbering and I will not have to go through the laborious task of renaming all my files.

Huzzah! I think I have this working.

What I did was copy the default XBMC settings, removed the f00.101 line and added the single season matching line. Omitting any append/prepend actions, this overwrites the defaults and looks to be working fairly well on both my TV (S01E01) and anime (1, 2, 3, etc).

I found one hiccup with anime named using "EP" as an episode prefix, but this isn't common among sub groups, so I am just going to rename.
Example:
[Elysium]Show.Title.EP01(BD.1080p.FLAC)[1234ABCD]

This does not pick up multiple-part episodes (S01E12-13, S06E06E07, or 135-136). It will only grab the first episode in the set (using TVDB, AniDB), but I am not sure this is a settings problem as much as a database problem. It's not that big a deal to me, so I probably won't look into it any further.

Code:
<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp> <!-- foo_[s01]_[e01] -->
<regexp>[\._ \-]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp> <!-- foo.1x09 -->
<regexp>[\._ \-][Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp> <!-- foo s01e01, foo.s01.e01, foo.s01-e01 -->
<regexp>[\._ \-]p(?:ar)?t[._ -]()([ivxlcdm]+)([\._ \-][^\\/]*)</regexp> <!-- Pt.I, Part XIV -->

<regexp>[/\._ \-]()([0-9]+)(-[0-9]+)?</regexp> <!-- Single Season Matching -->
</tvshowmatching>

Hope this is of some help to others. I will run it through some more tests, but it looks to be working like I hoped.
Anyone know if there's a way to strip out certain words from the tv show filenames before it matches? i.e. i'm adding support for 101 naming (i.e. 101 = season 1, episode 01), but if 720p or x264 is in the filename, it messes it up.

I tried cleanstrings and that doesn't seem to be supported by tvshowmatching.
hey, can someone help me with my anime naming scheme.

My anime is named like this

Naruto 480p 001 Naruto Uzumaki!.mkv

at the moment it picks it up and downloads the show information, but when i enter the tv show listing it has no episodes?

I tried the advancedsettings.xml, but i dont think i did it right, i made a text document and changed the the name the name to advancedsettings.xml and put it in this location C:\Users\Josiah\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

http://www.mediafire.com/?c7wt22b8a4beb8k

Can anyone help?
does this work with Frodo?
Hello,

I know that this is an annoying request, but I've been naming my TV shows in a non standard format for about 10 years now, and I want to use XBMC over Mediaportal but XBMC won't read the naming convention I have. The annoying thing is Mediaportal does! Anyway, I have over 200 TV shows, so I hope to avoid renaming. Any help you can provide would be appreciated. My structure is:

\[TV Show Name]\Season 01\1.01 Pilot.avi

Is there a regex that allows this to be read? I've tried unsuccessfully to make this work, and any info you could provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks
iam totally oblivious to this, could someone pelase generate a regex for: seventwenty-weedss01e12.avi, avchd-tb-s03e10-720p-x264.avi and flhd-bes02e04-1080p.avi ?
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extra REGEX for TV Show Episode matching19