• 95(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
Another question guys

At the minute the only way i can add the files i was missing is to double click a film to edit then click OK but with about 700+ films is going to take me an age to do it this way.

Is there any quicker way to do this?

I've tried updating the library which doesn't work and i cant re-scrape because it overwrites all the covers and fanarts i've sorted out

Thanks
You can re-scrape you whole library in Ember - and it is going to take a LONG time with 700+ films. Use the tab to the right of movies, tvshows, mark all, SCRAPE MEDIA.

After updating in Ember, you'll need to refresh each movie individually, or alternately, set the content on your Movies source to "none", and then set it back to "Movies", which will force a refresh of the whole source.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-09-08, 00:24)_matt_ Wrote:
(2012-09-08, 00:14)Dragen Wrote: Trying to add picture for Weeds s8, and info for 805 and onwards. EMM refuses to download them. Doesn't even show a picture for s8. TheTVDB has pictures and info for all of them.

There may be a better solution, but in instances like yours I just Ctrl+I each episode (and the season so you can select fanart, etc.).

Like I said, EMM refuses to download anything for the episodes and the season posters.
(2012-09-08, 16:58)Dragen Wrote:
(2012-09-08, 00:24)_matt_ Wrote:
(2012-09-08, 00:14)Dragen Wrote: Trying to add picture for Weeds s8, and info for 805 and onwards. EMM refuses to download them. Doesn't even show a picture for s8. TheTVDB has pictures and info for all of them.

There may be a better solution, but in instances like yours I just Ctrl+I each episode (and the season so you can select fanart, etc.).

Like I said, EMM refuses to download anything for the episodes and the season posters.

You've only said "EMM refuses to download them" without any specifics about how you told it to update. If you've only tried clicking "Update Library" and it isn't pulling the newest info & picture, I again recommend trying Ctrl+I on an episode that you know has a thumb on thetvdb.
EMM doesn't download anything, regardless of what button or keyboard shortcut I press. There's no pictures to select in the picture prompt. There's no info for the episodes downloaded.
(2012-09-08, 16:42)thrak76 Wrote: You can re-scrape you whole library in Ember - and it is going to take a LONG time with 700+ films. Use the tab to the right of movies, tvshows, mark all, SCRAPE MEDIA.

After updating in Ember, you'll need to refresh each movie individually, or alternately, set the content on your Movies source to "none", and then set it back to "Movies", which will force a refresh of the whole source.

Thanks for the reply

I don't quite get what you mean though by setting the content source to none then back to Movies to get a full refresh

I've tried removing the folder and adding it again and that doesn't refresh and i also tried multiple editing of genres and that didn't refresh either
Hi guys, I just downloaded the latest version and whenever I try to stat it I get the following error message: "the type initializer for 'emberapi.master' threw an exception". I know this is the same issue as this: "http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/emm-r/ticket/7" but I can't find where to download an x84 or x64 version. I'm sure it must be something obvious, can someone point me to the right download place?

Hopefully the solution won't be that I have to compile my own version from the sourcecode as I don't have VS installed at home. :S

Thanks in advance,

- Cas
Does EMM have the capability to create and move video files into a separate folder, then do it's scraping? If not, what is a good program that could take care of that?
(2012-09-11, 15:03)snowboarder33 Wrote: Does EMM have the capability to create and move video files into a separate folder, then do it's scraping? If not, what is a good program that could take care of that?

Yes, under
Tools -> Settings -> Movies -> Files and Sources -> "Sort files into folders before each library update"
(2012-09-11, 17:24)solidsatras Wrote:
(2012-09-11, 15:03)snowboarder33 Wrote: Does EMM have the capability to create and move video files into a separate folder, then do it's scraping? If not, what is a good program that could take care of that?

Yes, under
Tools -> Settings -> Movies -> Files and Sources -> "Sort files into folders before each library update"

Ah, there it is. Thanks much!
(2012-08-28, 21:53)orbtwin Wrote: hello everybody...
1 . it's possible to combine two scrappers with ember.
for example the well known imdb.com + filmaffinity (spanish page)
my goal is to scrape, rebuild, completing info for my movies with all the info given by imdb.com except for plot, outline-plot and tagline

2. it's possible to mark movies as watched? .Then in xbmc with aeon nox skin showing the watched sitck?

thanksssss

Well in order to further develop my Movietemplate (Ember displays/saves/export bitrate information from MediaInfo for audio and video) I also added possibility to use "PlayCount" field in Ember/NFO. Now you can click the "Watched" Checkbox in the Edit Movie Menu and when you click "Ok" it will save as Playcount=1 in the nfo for the movie. XBMC should recognize that tag. I also thought it would be a good idea to sync your watched movies from trakt.tv to your Ember database to make things easier. So Ember looks like this for me now:

Does anyone know what the current state of EMM is with regards to media info? I just bought the blu-ray version of a series I had previously ripped from DVD... after ripping the episodes to MKV format, blowing that season of the show away in EMM and having it re-scrape the season I am now getting no metadata about any of the media information such as the resolution of the episodes (should be AVC 1080P), audio tracks, etc.

//update.

OK, so this is weird, and is the second time this happened. All of the episodes were not actually scraped, they simply had naming format S01E01.mkv, etc. When I went in and manually rescraped each of them, the detail was populated.

It had previously happened with Season six of Dexter and this time with Season 1 of Archer... any idea why this could be occurring, is there a missing setting someplace?
(2012-09-12, 00:55)Cocotus Wrote:
(2012-08-28, 21:53)orbtwin Wrote: hello everybody...
1 . it's possible to combine two scrappers with ember.
for example the well known imdb.com + filmaffinity (spanish page)
my goal is to scrape, rebuild, completing info for my movies with all the info given by imdb.com except for plot, outline-plot and tagline

2. it's possible to mark movies as watched? .Then in xbmc with aeon nox skin showing the watched sitck?

thanksssss

Well in order to further develop my Movietemplate (Ember displays/saves/export bitrate information from MediaInfo for audio and video) I also added possibility to use "PlayCount" field in Ember/NFO. Now you can click the "Watched" Checkbox in the Edit Movie Menu and when you click "Ok" it will save as Playcount=1 in the nfo for the movie. XBMC should recognize that tag. I also thought it would be a good idea to sync your watched movies from trakt.tv to your Ember database to make things easier. So Ember looks like this for me now:

Cocotus,

Can you publish your mod & template? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2012-09-09, 12:51)boppyman Wrote:
(2012-09-08, 16:42)thrak76 Wrote: You can re-scrape you whole library in Ember - and it is going to take a LONG time with 700+ films. Use the tab to the right of movies, tvshows, mark all, SCRAPE MEDIA.

Thanks for the reply

I don't quite get what you mean though by setting the content source to none then back to Movies to get a full refresh

I've tried removing the folder and adding it again and that doesn't refresh and i also tried multiple editing of genres and that didn't refresh either

Sorry for late reply...

Head to the files menu and highlight your Movies source, use the context menu to select "change content', and change it to none. XBMC will then clean your library of all the movie entries. Next repeat the process, but set your content as movies and then say yes to refresh.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Is youtube trailer downloading broken ? not getting any formats available from a youtube url as from today.
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26