Keyboard for XBMC
Thumbs Up 
I just wanted to give a HUGE thumbs up to this keyboard!
Not only does it work flawlessly with Windows 7, but it works even better with XBMC.
I love the little features such as being to Pause or Start a movie by pressing a single bottom at the top of the keyboard.
My family also found it extremely easy to use it without any instructions,....I mean it is a keyboard after all right?

[Keyboard]
IOGEAR Multimedia Keyboard with Laser Trackball and Scroll Wheel, 2.4GHz Wireless GKM561R (Black) $39.08
I have two of this keyboard, and I agree, it's a good keyboard.
+1

I use another by Iogear that is similar. The "trigger" style position of the scroll wheel and left mouse click make it very easy/comfortable to use (see picture: there is a scroll wheel for you left index finger and left-click button for your right index finger, bot along the front of the keyboard).

Here is a link to the keyboard:
http://www.buy.com/prod/iogear-2-4-ghz-w...39570.html

That looks like a seriously chunky/heavy mother****er compared to mine Big Grin

I have the same one Gort linked to. It's a great keyboard and not too thick. Filthycatbox, yours looks awesome and I was considering it but it is just too long making it a seriously chunky mother****er compared to mine! Mine fits perfect in my magazine/remote storage on my couch's armrest, yours would have been too big. In hindsight, I'm glad I got what I did because I've never been a big fan of touchpad functionality, I much prefer the trackball.
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

Guess we all have are own tastes,....but for anyone still trying to decide on what they should buy for their first HTPC, this is it:
IOGEAR Multimedia Keyboard with Laser Trackball and Scroll Wheel, 2.4GHz Wireless GKM561R (Black) $39.08

The key thing that sold me? My family loves it!
Remember guys: Happy Wife: Happy Life
The Number one thing to remember on the IOGear keyboard:

Always press the 'shift' key if you haven't used it for a few minutes. It will go to sleep, and wake backup if you press the 'shift' key first (and you know you will not loose a key stroke that way).

(2012-05-19, 19:30)tdavis Wrote: The Number one thing to remember on the IOGear keyboard:

Always press the 'shift' key if you haven't used it for a few minutes. It will go to sleep, and wake backup if you press the 'shift' key first (and you know you will not loose a key stroke that way).

That's an awesome tip,..I'll pass it onto family.
Another tip: We found that on the IOGEAR Multimedia Keyboard with Laser Trackball and Scroll Wheel, 2.4GHz Wireless GKM561R (Black), if you're watching a movie, video, or listening to music,..you can fast forward or backward by using the scroll wheel.

Found this by accident,..but am sure glad I did,....it's also very precise,..meaning you don't jump around to another chapter and get lost.
Just another reason to love this keyboard.
This almost looks like exactly what I want, it would be perfect....IF ONLY there was a backlight!!
this one looks sweet http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1115525
This one looks really cool, it has VOICE RECOGNITION, and it has back-lighting:
Unisen iPazzPort Voice Commander KP-810-18VR 2.4Ghz Mini Wireless Keyboard/Touchpad/Learning IR Remote

Just an update,..but the battery in my IOGEAR Multimedia Keyboard with Laser Trackball and Scroll Wheel, 2.4GHz Wireless GKM561R (Black) is still going strong after almost 4 months of daily use. That's impressive. It also has a "Low Battery" indicator light. Still loving this keyboard!
I think I've replaced the batteries once since I got my keyboard.. and that's been almost 3+ years!
(2012-08-14, 13:55)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: Just an update,..but the battery in my IOGEAR Multimedia Keyboard with Laser Trackball and Scroll Wheel, 2.4GHz Wireless GKM561R (Black) is still going strong after almost 4 months of daily use. That's impressive. It also has a "Low Battery" indicator light. Still loving this keyboard!

Last week we had someone stop by with their 5 year old.
The kid picked up the keyboard and started buzzing around XBMC like he was born to it.
Always amazed at how fast the little ones pick this stuff up.

Ultimately,..I think this speaks volumes to the intuitiveness of XBMC and also to the ease of use of this particular keyboard.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard for XBMC1