• 59(current)
[WIP] Metropolis skin
(2012-09-08, 08:53)vishek Wrote: Only one thing if it can be possible:
In Videos - Files I use view type as "Files" as it fits best to me with all required information. It would be really great if Movie Genres can also be shown in the files view mode as shown in other modes such as Low List, Gallary, Poster, Fanart. As of now I need to go into the movie information to see the movie genres..

Would really appreciate if this can be done..

In Videos - Files I use view type as "Files" as it fits best to me with all required information. It would be really great if Movie Genres can also be shown in the files view mode as shown in other modes such as Low List, Gallary, Poster, Fanart. As of now I need to go into the movie information to see the movie genres..

(2012-09-10, 13:16)vishek Wrote:

Not ignoring you. Just needed a weekend with my family.

edit: The only problem I see with this is.. where would we put it? The Genre text can be quite long, and if I put it above or below the list (where it would fit best), it would appear as if it's a list item itself, even though it's colored differently.
(2012-09-10, 14:26)jingai Wrote:
(2012-09-10, 13:16)vishek Wrote:

Not ignoring you. Just needed a weekend with my family.

edit: The only problem I see with this is.. where would we put it? The Genre text can be quite long, and if I put it above or below the list (where it would fit best), it would appear as if it's a list item itself, even though it's colored differently.

Would be really so much thankful, I have created an image which would give some idea to show where Genre text can be displayed..

The Thumbnail height can be reduced & space can be spared at the bottom of the thumbnail to show Genre there.

The primary problem is that the list of Genres for any given movies is often much longer than that. I'd also want to shrink the poster even more to provide more space underneath to keep it uniform with the rest of the skin.

That said, I'd really rather just make a new view type that provides a taller list like you want. To that end, I've opened Issue #176 to address this. It probably won't make it into 2.0.0, however.
(2012-09-11, 19:50)jingai Wrote: The primary problem is that the list of Genres for any given movies is often much longer than that. I'd also want to shrink the poster even more to provide more space underneath to keep it uniform with the rest of the skin.

That said, I'd really rather just make a new view type that provides a taller list like you want. To that end, I've opened Issue #176 to address this. It probably won't make it into 2.0.0, however.

Yes, I agree that the list of Genres is long for movies. Well, it would be helpful if you can provide some temporary solution to view Genres below the list with some highlighted text, as I like Metropolis skin a lot & want to enjoy it more..

Thanks,
(2012-09-12, 08:03)vishek Wrote:
(2012-09-11, 19:50)jingai Wrote: The primary problem is that the list of Genres for any given movies is often much longer than that. I'd also want to shrink the poster even more to provide more space underneath to keep it uniform with the rest of the skin.

Yes, I agree that the list of Genres is long for movies. Well, it would be helpful if you can provide some temporary solution to view Genres below the list with some highlighted text, as I like Metropolis skin a lot & want to enjoy it more..

You can certainly modify your local copy any way you like, but I personally won't make this change in the repo simply because I don't think it would look right.

If you need help modifying it, either I or someone else here can help you.
Ok, can I add genre text along with year and movie duration below the thumbnail, and the same aligned towards left?
Can you pls guide me how I can do that..
(2012-09-12, 15:12)vishek Wrote: Ok, can I add genre text along with year and movie duration below the thumbnail, and the same aligned towards left?

I'm personally quite busy this week, but I'm sure someone else here will be happy to help you if I don't get to it.
(2012-09-12, 15:14)jingai Wrote:
(2012-09-12, 15:12)vishek Wrote: Ok, can I add genre text along with year and movie duration below the thumbnail, and the same aligned towards left?

I'm personally quite busy this week, but I'm sure someone else here will be happy to help you if I don't get to it.

I have done a solution, it looks good:
May be you can make it perfect when you get time to work on it.

Viewtype_Files.xml

Thanks,
When we use the default home layout, settings menu remain in icon mode.. While I feel it should also be displayed vertically similar to home layout. (Or Vertical layout for settings menu can also be made optional)

In Icon layout it should be displayed as it is now..
(2012-09-13, 12:52)vishek Wrote:
(2012-09-12, 15:14)jingai Wrote:

I have done a solution, it looks good:
May be you can make it perfect when you get time to work on it.

Viewtype_Files.xml

Thanks,

I have done some more customizations in the Viewtype_Files.xml in the latest RC version (20120908 - 2.0.0rc2).

It now displays Genre text below the list & also MPAA ratings added in the list itself.

Viewtype_Files.xml

(2012-09-14, 10:04)vishek Wrote: When we use the default home layout, settings menu remain in icon mode.. While I feel it should also be displayed vertically similar to home layout. (Or Vertical layout for settings menu can also be made optional)

I agree, but you have to understand it's already difficult to maintain both views for just the Home screen. I really don't want to have to do the same for the Settings screen..
(2012-09-14, 14:06)jingai Wrote:
(2012-09-14, 10:04)vishek Wrote: When we use the default home layout, settings menu remain in icon mode.. While I feel it should also be displayed vertically similar to home layout. (Or Vertical layout for settings menu can also be made optional)

I agree, but you have to understand it's already difficult to maintain both views for just the Home screen. I really don't want to have to do the same for the Settings screen..

Yes I understand.. Just a simple question, which home screen layout you prefer using on your system for metropolis?
I use default because it is convenient & easy to navigate as compared to Icon layout. Because in icon layout, the icons are confusing & we need to move on to the icon to see what's behind that.

Well, it was just a suggestion for improvement.

Thanks,
(2012-09-14, 14:17)vishek Wrote: Yes I understand.. Just a simple question, which home screen layout you prefer using on your system for metropolis?
I use default because it is convenient & easy to navigate as compared to Icon layout. Because in icon layout, the icons are confusing & we need to move on to the icon to see what's behind that.

I use the default for exactly the same reasons you mentioned. I prefer having more information presented immediately rather than having to click-through.

But, a lot of folks here do use the Icon layout, so it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

(2012-09-14, 14:17)vishek Wrote: Well, it was just a suggestion for improvement.

And appreciated. I just personally want to try to reduce the amount of duplicated code at this point rather than adding even more Tongue
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5