• 77(current)
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs
Your are running XBMC windowed: 15:24:23 T:3037452032 INFO: GUI format 1920x1080 Windowed
It won't switch when windowed.
(2012-09-13, 17:12)FernetMenta Wrote: Your are running XBMC windowed: 15:24:23 T:3037452032 INFO: GUI format 1920x1080 Windowed
It won't switch when windowed.

Hmm? It shouldn't be, never even crossed my mind to check.

Interesting thing is that I've got a backup of .xbmc directory from early august, diffing the guisettings.xml from the backup and the current one, the only changes are a new hideconnectionlostwarning setting and value change for adjustrefreshrate ('true'->'1').

This means that the windowed mode has been set for at least since beginning of august, possibly even longer. Yet, the setting either did not have any effect before the last upgrade/reboot or for some reason the refresh rate change has happened earlier as I've had no problems since june. Very strange.

Regardless, the display mode setting to full screen corrects the problem. A good catch, thanks for pointing it out. I wouldn't have noticed it myself.
@nichiren:
You won't see the the effect if the window resolution also is 1920x1080 - as it is the same as your full res :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
During the last weekend I upgraded my failing XBMC v11 installation (root FS corruption due to bad blocks) and migrated to current stable git version:
Code:
xbmc@xbmc:~$ dpkg -l tvheadend  | grep tvhead
ii  tvheadend                          3.0-0ubuntu1~ppa1~precise                Tvheadend
xbmc@xbmc:~$ dpkg -l xbmc  | grep xbmc
ii  xbmc                               2:12.0~git20120830.1450-5303560-0precise XBMC Media Center PVR Xvba Edition (arch-independent data package)
xbmc@xbmc:~$ uname -a
Linux xbmc 3.2.0-27-generic #43-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 6 14:25:57 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Setup used was from a minimal precise install like explained in post 1.

I noticed some problems:
- When watching live TV, every time I turn on the "EPG Now" overlay screen, picture in the background starts skipping badly. At this time this appears in the xbmc.log:
Code:
20:48:34 T:139947172296576 WARNING: Unknown sort method 0
20:48:34 T:139947172296576   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/backgrounds/media-overlay.png
Only file that mathes by name is in this dir:
Code:
xbmc@xbmc:~$ locate media-overlay.jpg
/usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/backgrounds/media-overlay.jpg

- going to windowed mode - by mistake, my 2 yr old daughter found the key on the remote :-) slows down the GUI considerably. Going back to full screen and XBMC GUI remains slow. Movies play just fine, only the gui is really slow. Restarting XBMC fixes that problem. Really need to find some time and remap those keys :-)
There is nothing suspicios in the at that time (I have tail -f ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log running in the terminal via SSH):
Code:
20:54:00 T:139946224490240  NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
20:57:13 T:139947172296576  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 3 times.
20:57:13 T:139947172296576  NOTICE: CXBMCRenderManager::ResetRenderBuffer - using 5 render buffers
20:57:30 T:139946224490240  NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
20:57:52 T:139947172296576  NOTICE: CXBMCRenderManager::ResetRenderBuffer - using 5 render buffers
Both "render buffers" messages correspond to the resolution switch to windowwed mode and than back.

Any ideas?

BTW, how can i make XBMC restart every time it exits, like after a crash or selecting"Exit" from a power menu? I remember that maybe i fixed that in previous installation. It is a dedicated HTPC for now and don't need the lightdm login. Googleing gave me a couple of hits (xbmc-live pkgm, removing DM,....), but i'm unsure about a solution.
A side note: Catalyst 12.9 embedded version with the internal number 9.0.0 has been released. This one is running on the Fusion chips - but it crashes extremely hard when decoding UVD stuff, not sometimes - but always. For me it seems they changed something quite a bit. So - if you want to use xbmc on your hardware, don't upgrade to 12.9 for now :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Has anyone experienced that XBMC (2:11.0~git20120808.0852.eden+pvr+xvba1-0precise) crashes after exiting application on Ubuntu 12.04? I get a crash log and Ubuntu's automatic crash report.
@thefree:
This should be fixed in later version from xbmc-xvba. So please upgrade.
hI !

I'm looking for a debian package correcting the official xbmc package. The repository on the first post, is for ubuntu, may be there is a way to use it for a debian sid ?

Thanks so much !
Actually the repository pointed by the initial post for debian is not available : I get a 404 error for http://thuis.van-belle.nl/debian.
And the point is , when I tried to install the xbmc-bin package for wheezy (A friend give the .deb), I get

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of xbmc-bin:
xbmc-bin depends on libcdio10; however:
Package libcdio10 is not installed.
xbmc-bin depends on libmicrohttpd5; however:
Package libmicrohttpd5 is not installed.
xbmc-bin depends on libmysqlclient16 (>= 5.1.50-1); however:
Package libmysqlclient16 is not installed.

But When I try to install the missing package I get :No candidate version found for libcdio10
No candidate version found for libmicrohttpd5
No candidate version found for libmysqlclient16

@moumoutte:
The debian archive is not done by us - so we cannot fix it. You can PM the original submitter and ask him, if he is still maintaining it. I think compiling it from source, could be a better solution for you.
Bit of a cross post but does anyone have any ideas on how to solve my problem? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=140503
Okay Thank's for your answer.

Acutally, the depends are in debian stable repository :

So, I add the stable repository in apt/source.list and configure preferences.

I've unpacked (with ar ) the debian package provided and copy manually the binary and library in /usr/. It works ! But not really maintenable solution.

Thank you very much for your hard work ! Smile
(2012-09-16, 13:22)LinkZUK Wrote: Bit of a cross post but does anyone have any ideas on how to solve my problem? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=140503

Yeah - don't crosspost. Try to keep discussion on topic. xvba ppa is no replacement for upstream xbmc. So we have to differ on where to track such problems.

I just tested the new openelec 2.0 pre release. We are working together with the OE stuff since the beginning of xvba. This version does totally rock. I installed it on a zotac AD10 and everything worked out of the box. All features such as Level51, Passthrough Audio all are fine.

I connected it to my PVR backend and zapped a bit through the channels - totally smooth. No show stopper. Afterwards I imported my movies via libnfs share and let them scrape.

Remote did work without setting up anything.

So - if you are in need of a system that brings you all the power of fusion based on the Eden release, but with all we did for fusion since then, give openelec a try.

I am really impressed. Looking forward to their final release.
@fritch

I'm also really a fan of Openelec (just wrote a tutorial for Raspberry Pi - http://youresuchageek.blogspot.fr/2012/0...ec-on.html)

I tested under an AD10 there is a few weeks ago but i encountered a very bad bug with HDMI, if i was switching on TV from an HDMI to another and then switching back to initial HDMI, then playing back was very buggy, video and sound. (this bug was known and the workaround was really too dirty, unloading fglrx and so on)
This was why i could finally not let this system under Openelec, but this bug seems today to be corrected :-)

I just got an Zotac Nano AD11 i am currently testing under last version of Openlec, and i confirm everything seems to work really great out of the box, a real great job from them !
Also something is working out of the box i could never get to work in Linux, the internal IR receiver with the Zotac remote Tongue

Please support my Blog, XBMC and Linux related :-)
http://youresuchageek.blogspot.com
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs23