• 60(current)
[WIP] Metropolis skin
I've noticed in some skins there is a small icon or message that coes up when a movie has a trailer to view and says press up or press whatever else and it will start the trailer payback is it possible to ilement something similar to metropolis so you don't have to go into the movie information screen to see if a trailer is available

Also maybe a option to include case borders around the movies like the blu ones for bluray and black for regular dvd this way you can tell just by looking at the cover when sing gallery view which movies you have are what quality
(2012-09-15, 15:03)protocol77 Wrote: I've noticed in some skins there is a small icon or message that coes up when a movie has a trailer to view and says press up or press whatever else and it will start the trailer payback is it possible to ilement something similar to metropolis so you don't have to go into the movie information screen to see if a trailer is available

Submitted Issue 181 for this.

(2012-09-15, 15:03)protocol77 Wrote: Also maybe a option to include case borders around the movies like the blu ones for bluray and black for regular dvd this way you can tell just by looking at the cover when sing gallery view which movies you have are what quality

And Issue 182 for this.
(2012-09-14, 14:21)jingai Wrote: I use the default for exactly the same reasons you mentioned. I prefer having more information presented immediately rather than having to click-through.

I have 2 suggestions:
1. In Icon mode, the name of each menu should be displayed by default below all the icons. This will avoid confusions that are created by images. (At present, the name is displayed while navigating to a particular menu only.)
2. Home screen can hold a lot of information if Icons are removed & text based horizontal menu is placed like in other skins such as Aeon, Confluence.

(2012-09-17, 09:31)vishek Wrote: I have 2 suggestions:
1. In Icon mode, the name of each menu should be displayed by default below all the icons. This will avoid confusions that are created by images. (At present, the name is displayed while navigating to a particular menu only.)

I don't think this is possible in a wraplist/fixedlist control.

(2012-09-17, 09:31)vishek Wrote: 2. Home screen can hold a lot of information if Icons are removed & text based horizontal menu is placed like in other skins such as Aeon, Confluence.

IMHO, if someone wants a horizontal text-based Home screen, there are already tons of skins like that. Plus I don't want to maintain yet another Home screen, personally, for the same reasons I'd rather not make a second Settings view.
A quick question about "Media Totals"... I did a fresh install of XBMC Eden and decided not to include my Music or Music Videos. Is there a way to remove these entries on the right side please (instead of having them display a bunch of zeros).
Thank you
(2012-09-26, 20:12)thewarm Wrote: A quick question about "Media Totals"... I did a fresh install of XBMC Eden and decided not to include my Music or Music Videos. Is there a way to remove these entries on the right side please (instead of having them display a bunch of zeros).
Thank you

Not currently, but I suppose I could have it hide them if the associated menu item is also hidden; that is, if Music is hidden, don't show the totals for music, etc.

Would this work for everyone?

edit: or I could simply hide any totals that are == 0, which is what I think I'll do if no one objects in the next day or so.
(2012-09-26, 20:12)thewarm Wrote: A quick question about "Media Totals"... I did a fresh install of XBMC Eden and decided not to include my Music or Music Videos. Is there a way to remove these entries on the right side please (instead of having them display a bunch of zeros).

I've modified it to only display each group if the library contains at least 1 item of the associated type (movie/episode/song/musicvideo). You'll see the change in the next RC release.
Very cool. Thank you!
I just got the 24/09/12 build this morning (1.9.3.1348791955). And the "Media Totals" is working correctly, but... now I can't remove "Live TV" from the left side of the Home Screen (I have the Live TV - PVR support option un-checked). I also noticed that the Steampunk theme has been missing in the last few GITs, (6 themes, 7 colors).

Thanks again for your work on this great skin.

As a quick fix I deleted the lines at 444 in the Includes_Home1.xml file relating to Live TV. It's now gone from the Home Screen. Also the colors are weird with the Grey Theme now (kinda cool actually)

The original Grey background has been changed to black!

(BTW, this is my workstation that does have Music files on it)

Update: For some unknown reason these colors only happen on my workstation. And, there is no problem with Live TV showing up on the Home Screen on my main HTPC! (note: I did have a folder on my workstation labeled "Live TV" with my HDHomerun streams/icons on my workstation.) Huh??
(2012-09-28, 14:50)thewarm Wrote: I just got the 24/09/12 build this morning (1.9.3.1348791955).

From Passion or did you download 2.0.0rc3 that I posted?

(2012-09-28, 14:50)thewarm Wrote: now I can't remove "Live TV" from the left side of the Home Screen (I have the Live TV - PVR support option un-checked).

I did change the visibility condition for this yesterday, but it does the proper thing on my machines. It now enables that menu option if pvrmanager.enabled is true, which is set via Settings->LiveTV->Enable. Are you running a nightly build of XBMC or Eden (or some other custom build)? If you're running a nightly, they now include the PVR stuff, so it's possible you've got it enabled and just don't know it. Note that I'm not referring to the LiveTV setting for Metropolis, but the LiveTV settings section (although you do need to enable it in Metropolis to be able to see the LiveTV settings section).

I did test this change on both Eden and Frodo, but if it's causing problems for you or anyone else I can revert it.

(2012-09-28, 14:50)thewarm Wrote: I also noticed that the Steampunk theme has been missing in the last few GITs, (6 themes, 7 colors).

Stoli is working on this.

(2012-09-28, 14:50)thewarm Wrote: Also the colors are weird with the Grey Theme now (kinda cool actually)

The original Grey background has been changed to black!

(BTW, this is my workstation that does have Music files on it)

Update: For some unknown reason these colors only happen on my workstation.

Do you have the same version of XBMC installed on both machines?

I did change the transparency of the background for the Grey and Leather color schemes because in some dialogs the background would overwhelm the foreground. It doesn't appear black to me, but all of my displays are calibrated. One reason it could appear black on one of your machines and not the other is differing display types/settings (brightness, contrast, etc).

FWIW, your screenshots don't appear black to me either. Do the screenshots you took look black on your workstation?

If it's too dark I can of course increase the transparency a bit to lighten it up, though.
(2012-09-28, 16:38)jingai Wrote:
(2012-09-28, 14:50)thewarm Wrote: I also noticed that the Steampunk theme has been missing in the last few GITs, (6 themes, 7 colors).

Stoli is working on this.

I'll have to raise the issue with ppic again, I don't know why the Passion repo is not picking it up.

Regards,
-stoli-
Solved the background issue. I had to "clear" the home screen image. (I had used a custom image a while back)

I just got the newest auto-update from the Passion Repo this morning. Live TV is back on my home screen with no way to remove it (I tried all of your suggestions).

It does work properly on my HTPC, and that's were it matters. I mess around with my workstation build quite a bit trying out new add-ons and mods. Maybe it's time for a fresh XBMC install...

I am running the official Eden build on Windows 7 (32bit) on both systems.

Thank you

Update: I did a fresh install of XBMC. All is well now!
(2012-09-29, 14:04)thewarm Wrote: I just got the newest auto-update from the Passion Repo this morning. Live TV is back on my home screen with no way to remove it (I tried all of your suggestions).

Update: I did a fresh install of XBMC. All is well now!

Weird... I'm debating reverting the change anyway so it doesn't cause any problems with the 2.0.0 release. It was a trivial change that had no impact on actual functionality, so it's not really a big deal.

Anyway, thanks for all your feedback.
A polite request.

I was playing with Aeon MQ 3.5 a while back and there was an option to add a link to "Clean Library". I am always removing videos after I watch them. Is there a way to add a shortcut to "Clean Library" please?

Thanks again Big Grin
(2012-09-29, 19:54)thewarm Wrote: I was playing with Aeon MQ 3.5 a while back and there was an option to add a link to "Clean Library". I am always removing videos after I watch them. Is there a way to add a shortcut to "Clean Library" please?

As a submenu item in Videos (or Movies/TV Shows if Videos is hidden)?
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5