• 14(current)
[RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC
Login isn't working for me, anyone else?

Update: Nevermind I had a copy of my plugin.video.vimeo folder in .xbmc/userdata/addon_data that I just copied into my existing xbmc now I'm logged in.
I DON'T DO CABLE.
Hi there, is anyone else having trouble logging in still. I get the following error in my xbmc.log

08:25:34 T:5280 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.vimeo/?path=/root/login&action=settings&
08:25:34 T:5280 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.vimeo/?path=/root/login&action=settings&) failed
(2012-09-14, 09:29)FurryGorilla Wrote: Hi there, is anyone else having trouble logging in still. I get the following error in my xbmc.log

08:25:34 T:5280 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.vimeo/?path=/root/login&action=settings&
08:25:34 T:5280 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.vimeo/?path=/root/login&action=settings&) failed

I have the exact same problem: the plugin doesn't login, and I see the same error message in the log.

Did you find a workaround?
(2012-09-15, 20:32)htpcero Wrote: Did you find a workaround?

Unfortunately not. Hopefully we'll get an update but I imagine it's to do with Vimeo changing their site around.

Still no fix/workaround available? Sad
Even the search doesn't work for me.
This plugin is very broken. Not very De-facto.
http://www.owlboy.com

Acer Aspire Revo AR1600
I wish that Vimeo would quit changing their code, so this plugin would remain functional.
What is it, but another fact of life, I guess...
There is any hope on getting this addon fixed to work with Vimeo soon? I really enjoyed watching the Vimeo amazing videos in my XBMC...
It's strange to me that not so many people seem to be into Vimeo, It really is an incredible incredible site.
If has tonnes of short films, amazing animations and experimental stuff too which is simply gorgeous eye-candy. Something you'd think skin fans would be right into.

YouTube and cats are more popular I guess (joke) Smile
(2012-10-21, 00:08)PantsOnFire Wrote: It's strange to me that not so many people seem to be into Vimeo, It really is an incredible incredible site.
If has tonnes of short films, amazing animations and experimental stuff too which is simply gorgeous eye-candy. Something you'd think skin fans would be right into.

YouTube and cats are more popular I guess (joke) Smile

Yes, I agree with you and really enjoy Vimeo as well... Also it seems to me as of late, that YT bandwidth has been maxed out by sheer volume of users making smooth, buffering-free streaming next to impossible (for me anyway).
I solved my problem by correcting an error I found examining the xbmc.log file.

open the python script file ".xbmc/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib/CommonFunctions.py" I am using linux (openelec) but you should be able to find it if your on another os.

now search for the function "def _getDOMContent(html, name, match, ret):" and look within this function for the line:

endstr = u"</" + name # + ">"

change this into:

endstr = "</" + name + ">"

and it should be a happy Vimeo experience again!

Ferry
This isn't the only error. Let's look futher...
ok, found a additional solution (see two posts up for the first) that I honestly do not understand but it works so hey what the hack.

1) open the file ".xbmc/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib/CommonFunctions.py"

2) go to function "def replaceHTMLCodes(txt):"

3) add this extra line:

txt = urllib2.unquote(txt).decode('utf8')

just above:

txt = HTMLParser.HTMLParser().unescape(txt)

so it should read like:

4) done

found this solution on voodoo intuition and the info at

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12626...-filenames

Ferry
Those suggestions fixed it thanks. Big Grin

Edit: Spoke too soon, it fixes Vimeo but kind of breaks YouTube.

(2012-10-28, 15:25)ferryb Wrote: ok, found a additional solution (see two posts up for the first) that I honestly do not understand but it works so hey what the hack.

1) open the file ".xbmc/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib/CommonFunctions.py"

2) go to function "def replaceHTMLCodes(txt):"

3) add this extra line:

just above:

so it should read like:

4) done

found this solution on voodoo intuition and the info at

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12626...-filenames

Ferry

I DON'T DO CABLE.
a dirty fix could be, checking before the execution of "txt = urllib2.unquote(txt).decode('utf8')" if it will be executed from within the vimeo addon. if so, execute the line and otherwise don't.

the real solution should be in de vimeo addon code, though. This shoudn't be to difficult for the e developers of this great addon I think

Fer
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC7