• 97(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2012-09-05, 11:53)DeadDuck Wrote: The "Update Library" function is no longer working. Ember gets stuck on "Performing Preliminary Tasks (Gathering Data)". Following is the error logged in "errlog.txt" file.

Code:
Title: Error
StackTrace: at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
at System.Convert.ToDateTime(String value)
at EmberAPI.Scanner.bwPrelim_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Date/Time: 31-08-2012 10:46:36

Can anyone please look into this? I'm not able to use Ember at all ever since this error. Sad

Hi, Greetings!
I would like to ask a question:
I use Ember to complete the information of my movies, and if i consider relevant add a saga in the movie. Then check it by opening the *.nfo <set> Nfo and labels are well written.
However when I update XBMC library are not the last sets I've edited. Even removing the source and added again.
I would have to uninstall the whole program? and reconfigure?.
Greetings again
Hey guys, I manage my entire movie collection with ember, but I have just realised a small problem, almost all of my nfos have the <originaltitle> tag, even if the originaltitle and title are exactly the same! This looks stupid in XBMC when browsing, because I see the main title, and then another field on top of it with the exact same title! I recently tried to go through all my movies to remove the tag, but even though it shows nothing in the tag editor, the actual nfo still has the tag!

Anyone have any idea why?

Thanks!
(2012-09-17, 09:37)orbtwin Wrote: Hi, Greetings!
I use Ember to complete the information of my movies, and if i consider relevant add a saga in the movie. Then check it by opening the *.nfo <set> Nfo and labels are well written.
However when I update XBMC library are not the last sets I've edited. Even removing the source and added again.
Greetings again

Sets work fine for me in XBMC using Ember to set them.

Are you adding sets to movies that have already been scanned by XBMC? If that is the case, then you will have to refresh them before that info will be available.

You should not have to uninstall/reconfigure anything.
(2012-09-17, 23:47)fional Wrote:
(2012-09-17, 09:37)orbtwin Wrote: Hi, Greetings!
Greetings again

Sets work fine for me in XBMC using Ember to set them.

Are you adding sets to movies that have already been scanned by XBMC? If that is the case, then you will have to refresh them before that info will be available.

You should not have to uninstall/reconfigure anything.

well, that I always have.
whenever I edit something in ember, to return to do a rescan XBMC (sometimes repeated there posters and stuff). but much to upgrade or re-assign the sources to a folder, I only appear (few) sets. When I have edited ember actually many more

thank you!

google translated!.
My other post may have got lost - any chance to get a "fix" for trailer download. It is broken since latest youtube changes. Thanks for looking into this!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
I concur with steve1977. Getting to be a right pain manually grabbing youtube trailers now Smile
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
if i remember corretly you both are aware of the existance of the hd-trailers.net scaper. It works, better quality than youtube. What's wrong with it?
(2012-09-16, 16:07)raptorjr Wrote: How do i use the frame extractor? It is enabled but i can't find how to use it.
I have a few videofiles without fanart and would like to grab a videoframe in a easy way an use it as fanart. Is this possible with EMM?

Not possible? Or broken?
(2012-09-18, 10:22)olympia Wrote: if i remember corretly you both are aware of the existance of the hd-trailers.net scaper. It works, better quality than youtube. What's wrong with it?

It did never work for me as good as youtube together with the other wanted scraping settings (OFDB infos, etc.).
(2012-09-18, 10:37)raptorjr Wrote:
(2012-09-16, 16:07)raptorjr Wrote: How do i use the frame extractor? It is enabled but i can't find how to use it.
I have a few videofiles without fanart and would like to grab a videoframe in a easy way an use it as fanart. Is this possible with EMM?

Not possible? Or broken?

None of that, it works. There should be a setting that extrathumb is taken as fanart if no fanarf is available, or you can choose one of the extrathumbs manually. However I sometimes have a movie where the automatic extrathumb extraction does not work, mus have something to do with the encoding settings of a movie.
(2012-09-18, 10:22)olympia Wrote: if i remember corretly you both are aware of the existance of the hd-trailers.net scaper. It works, better quality than youtube. What's wrong with it?

hd-trailers.net use quicktime and they can be massive at 720p, You can get the same trailer, using 720p and webm, at almost half the file size from youtube. Thats why i use youtube now for almost all of my trailers.
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
(2012-09-18, 11:17)pigeldi Wrote: None of that, it works. There should be a setting that extrathumb is taken as fanart if no fanarf is available, or you can choose one of the extrathumbs manually. However I sometimes have a movie where the automatic extrathumb extraction does not work, mus have something to do with the encoding settings of a movie.

So this should be done automatically(don't seem to do that for me)? I've read somewhere about a player window where you could select the frame you want, grab it, and set it as fanart. Maybe a older version of EMM?
Is the setting you speak of for each videofile or globally? So i know where to look for it.
Apologies if this has been asked. I currently use MCM (MediaCentreMaster) but am giving ember a go.

Within ember can you get it to automatically rename the movie as soon as it gets added to the collection ? The naming format I would like to be Movie Name - Year - Quality
Example - Arthur (2011) [720p]

This brings me on to my 2nd question. Can Ember check the file for the quality?

Also if there is a guide anywhere that may be useful any links would be great!

Thanks in advance Smile

Works well with the latest movies, but far not as exhausted compared to the availability of youtube trailer. Would be great if this can get "fixed" in the next release. Thanks for considering!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Hi,

First of all, thanks alot for all the work, this is without a doubt the best media manager I have tested. I have used the following version for a long time now without any big problems :

Ember Application (Revision: 1.3.0.2)
Ember API (Revision: 1.3.0.1)
Ember Extras Scraper (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Ember Native Movie Scrapers (Revision: 1.3.0.2)
Ember XML Scraper (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Renamer (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Frame Extractor (Revision: 1.3.0.1)
Media File Manager (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Movie List Exporter (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
NMT Jukebox Builder (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Notifications (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Offline Media Manager (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Web Server (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
XBMC Controller (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
MediaBrowser Compatibility (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
YAMJ Compatibility (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Genres Editor (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Media Sources Editor (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Audio & Video Codec Mapping (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Ember Native TV Scrapers (Revision: 1.3.0.2)

Im using this with XBMC where my goal is to have all data about the media library stored in the media library and not in XBMC.

The question is if I dear to take a new version of Ember Media Manager? Or should I stick with the one I got?
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26