[RELEASE ]Reddit /r/video plugin
(2012-04-04, 12:27)mikeplow1961 Wrote: Setting up XBMC Eden on a new machine this morning, I installed the Bluecop repo (The Reddit addon is the most used on our house by far) but got an error message that the repo 'does not have the correct structure'. I wondered if the file had become corrupt but redownloaded a fresh one and got the same error.

I can't live without my nightly browse of Reddit on XBMC. Anyone have any idea why I'm suddenly getting an error?

have you downloaded the file from the same computer, where you have XBMC installed? I was having the same problem with another addon, I tried that and it worked.
I've also read that sometimes it helps if you download the file with another browser, but I'm not so sure about that.
Love this addon and use it daily. I was wondering if it would be possible to get an option to download the video to HDD, similar to youtube or vimeo add ons? If not, no big deal, but I just though that since the videos get updated so frequently it's sometimes extremely hard to find a video you really liked again... Big Grin
XBMCbuntu {Frodo} - Ubuntu 12.04 (Main):
Intel Q6600 [2.4GHz Quad Core], 4GB DDR3, nVidia GT-210, Antec Fusion Case (iMon LCD), PS3 BD Remote

XBMC Live {Frodo} - Ubuntu 10.04 (Bedroom): Intel Atom D510 [1.66GHz Dual Core], ION Graphics, 2GB DDR2, PS3 BD Remote
DaMizZa: it needs a lot of work.

I planned to add an option to save a link to your reddit account. It could be improved upon in a lot of ways. It needs to expand videos providers to vimeo which would be super easy because it would call the plugin like youtube.

I worked on some improvements but I didn't find myself using it much. I didn't think people had much interest in it. I tend to reddit on my phone like in lines or waiting and don't tend to use it on my tv much.
lol my wife and I are huge fans of dump.com/wimp.com videos (for when you don't want to start watching a full show or movie, but want to kill 10 minutes or so in front of the TV) and unfortunately wimp/dump only offer so much watching and often overlap each other, so this was a perfect fit. Would it be possible to call the youtube plugin to download the video as well ( I don't actually recall if the youtube plugin allows you to download videos or not, but am under the impression it does)?
Intel Q6600 [2.4GHz Quad Core], 4GB DDR3, nVidia GT-210, Antec Fusion Case (iMon LCD), PS3 BD Remote

XBMC Live {Frodo} - Ubuntu 10.04 (Bedroom): Intel Atom D510 [1.66GHz Dual Core], ION Graphics, 2GB DDR2, PS3 BD Remote
DaMizZa: I am looking into it. It seems to be pretty easy. I can add some context items. It would still be the same youtube location.
Sweet! Thanks for all the work you've done to improve the XBMC experience! I know I greatly appreciate it!

Hey BlueCop, just pointing out that this is still working great. I love it and use it daily.
Any other users of this excellent plugin found it's stopped working in the last couple of days? It still pulls in the list of videos in the four categories just fine but nothing plays.

I'm lost without it. It's become an essential part of our daily TV routine.
yes it stopped working for me too. My wife uses it everyday so she is upset. The other Reddit video addon is also broken.
(2012-09-18, 21:15)Canadaka Wrote: yes it stopped working for me too. My wife uses it everyday so she is upset. The other Reddit video addon is also broken.
Probably because Reddit changed something on their streaming site that broke these add-ons. Hopefully, the updates required to adapt the add-ons to these site changes will not be too difficult.
I would say it's likely because the YouTube plugin is broken... At least I notices YouTube no longer works about the same time I noticed the Reddit plugin stopped working...

Yeah, I think you're right. I forgot about the dependency on the YouTube add-on. The good news is that the YouTube add-on is currently being worked on. I believe a fix has been posted, but haven't tried it yet.
(2012-09-19, 02:48)artrafael Wrote: Yeah, I think you're right. I forgot about the dependency on the YouTube add-on. The good news is that the YouTube add-on is currently being worked on. I believe a fix has been posted, but haven't tried it yet.

YouTube has been updated in repo
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for the heads-up, Martijn. I just updated the YouTube add-on from repo and both the YouTube and Reddit add-ons are working again!
Hey BlueCop, I love this plugin! My wife and I always seem to finish our day by watching a few of the day's top reddit videos. It's been really great.

I've been wondering if it would be possible to add a selection of other "video" sections from reddit. I've modified the plugin to do just that and will post what I did below for anyone else interested in doing the same. Like the original, only the youtube.com domain is filtered, so other sources still will not work.

I guess what I'm asking, would it be possible to add additional reddit sections through the user interface? It would require writing a configuration section.

I implore anyone who does this to first backup: /addons/plugin.video.reddit.bc/default.py

Open the file in your favorite text editor and find the line:
Code:
BASE = 'http://www.reddit.com/r/videos'

change to:
Code:
BASE = 'http://www.reddit.com/r'

Further down the page find the "def listCategories". You will need to add "/videos" in front of the original categories. Modify to your heart's content. (play on word intentionalSmile So, feel free to add /popping like I know you've always wanted to.

Code:
def listCategories():
    addDir("Videos - Whats Hot",              BASE+'/videos/.json',                     'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Videos - New",                    BASE+'/videos/new.json',                  'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Videos - Controversial",          BASE+'/videos/controversial.json',        'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Videos - Top",                    BASE+'/videos/top.json',                  'listVideos', '')
    addDir("MitchellAndWebb - New",           BASE+'/mitchellandwebb/new.json',         'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Music Videos - Hot",              BASE+'/MusicVideos/.json',                'listVideos', '')
    addDir("K-Pop - Hot",                     BASE+'/kpop/hot.json',                    'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Documentary - Hot",               BASE+'/documentary/hot.json',             'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Documentaries - Hot",             BASE+'/documentaries/hot.json',           'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Artisan - Hot",                   BASE+'/artisan/hot.json',                 'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Artisan Videos - Hot",            BASE+'/ArtisanVideos/hot.json',           'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Obscure Media - Hot",             BASE+'/ObscureMedia/.json',               'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Conspiracy Documentary - Hot",    BASE+'/conspiracydocumentary/hot.json',   'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Rocket Launches - Hot",           BASE+'/rocketlaunches/hot.json',          'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Science Videos - Hot",            BASE+'/sciencevideos/hot.json',           'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Car Crash - Hot",                 BASE+'/carcrash/hot.json',                'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Police Chases - Hot",             BASE+'/PoliceChases/.json',               'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Cringe - Hot",                    BASE+'/cringe/.json',                     'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Popping - Hot",                   BASE+'/popping/.json',                    'listVideos', '')
    xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory(pluginhandle)

Edit: If anyone has any suggestions for the above list I will add them to this post for easy copy and paste.

Documentaries (added)
Cringe (added)
MusicVideos (added)
Popping (added, Oh gawd)
ObscureMedia (added)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE ]Reddit /r/video plugin1