• 178(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Darkcloud Wrote:When I try to scrape games to the SNES collection with BSNES XBMC always freezes while it works for the other collections for Systems I also use BSNES with. I have set the collection to use foldername as game name because BSNEs now creates a system with Gamenamefolder in which it places manifest.xml and program.rom.
Here is the log:
http://nopaste.info/e68e1776e0.html
Looks like "bad character" error. Are there some special characters in your path or filenames?
It was indeed a bad character error. I didn't think about that because the error comes right at the start of the scraping. Shouldn't it only occur at the point when RCB actually reaches the game that is at fault? The other weird thing is that the only special characters in the name where .- and _ which are also present in other games.
Thanks for a great add-on, unfortunately I haven't quite been able to get it to work for me. I'm running XBMC eden on Arch linux - I probably have a slightly unusual setup as I control my media centre with a wiimote (as a mouse with middle and left buttons and various keys linked to the other hard buttons) - I boot into a desktop environment with a launcher bar that includes XBMC among other things like Firefox and Google-Earth.

Using solo mode I can launch games fine but after exiting the emulator XBMC does not relaunch automatically (I have the RCB service add-on installed) - I can actually get this to work launching applaunch.sh /path/to/rom from the terminal while XBMC is running but it doesn't work purely from the GUI.

With solo mode off I have another problem. For some emulators like VICE or for standard linux games I launch bash scripts which allow me to change the wiimote profile for each game. The problem is returning from the game to the ROM browser - my wiimote profile changes back to the standard mediacentre mouse profile but I lose the functionality of the mouse buttons (they work fine on any other application just not on XBMC). If I close XBMC and launch it again the mouse buttons work. This only happens through XBMC, I can for example put the same bash script in my launcher bar and it will launch the game, change the wiimote profile, close the game and switch back to the standard mouse profile without losing the mouse buttons.

I couldn't find anything in the logs even in debug mode so I'm not sure what is going on with either problem. Any advice to solve either of these problems (preferably the first as I'd like to use solo mode) would be greatly appreciated.
Hi malte,

I noticed a strange thing with the "Export game database (nfo files)" function. Some of the nfo files exported don't have the Plot information even for the games that display it correctly in RCB. Thats some kind of configuration in XBMC language section or some other problem with RCB ?
hello,
I would like to know how you can start Rom Collection Browser Addon at XBMC startup
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I couldn't find it again.

I have my pc games as one of my Platforms. Everything launches fine, but I'd like to launch Xpadder with certain games and not with others. IE - with Arkham Asylum it does not launch, but with Street Fighter IV, it does, for instance.

I've been playing around with the GAMECMD function and batch files to no avail, though I don't really know a ton about what I'm doing in the first place. Does anyone know how to go about this?
How were you doing your batch files?
When I was going to use xpadder + my xbox controller to play Quake on my htpc, I used the following:
Code:
@echo off
mode con: lines=25  cols=80
echo Shutting down XBMC
taskkill /f /IM XBMC.exe >NUL

echo Starting Xpadder
cd /d D:\xpadder
start Xpadder.exe
timeout -t 2 >NUL

echo Starting Quake
cd /d D:\Games\PC Games\Quake
darkplaces.exe

echo Restarting XBMC
taskkill /f /IM Xpadder.exe >NUL
timeout -t 2 >NUL
explorer "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

The mode con is just for cosmetics for the console window and not needed, and C:\Program Files (x86)\ is because I am using a 64bit version of Windows, hopefully that helps give you an idea.
Anyone using RCB with linux nightly's? None of the games show up for me anymore. Here is the error log -> http://pastebin.com/cNTZm01J

I haven't done any xbmc addon/script work yet but if you could give me a nudge in the right direction, I don't mind digging in and figuring out what's wrong.
(2012-09-19, 16:27)lordashram Wrote: How were you doing your batch files?
When I was going to use xpadder + my xbox controller to play Quake on my htpc, I used the following:
Code:
@echo off
mode con: lines=25  cols=80
echo Shutting down XBMC
taskkill /f /IM XBMC.exe >NUL

echo Starting Xpadder
cd /d D:\xpadder
start Xpadder.exe
timeout -t 2 >NUL

echo Starting Quake
cd /d D:\Games\PC Games\Quake
darkplaces.exe

echo Restarting XBMC
taskkill /f /IM Xpadder.exe >NUL
timeout -t 2 >NUL
explorer "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

The mode con is just for cosmetics for the console window and not needed, and C:\Program Files (x86)\ is because I am using a 64bit version of Windows, hopefully that helps give you an idea.

Got it, my formatting was wrong. Thank you so much!

Now, to complete my annoyingness...how do I add it to RBC? I set my Emulator Params to "%ROM%" %GAMECMD% and my Game Command to - %Vanguard Pad.exe% but nothing happened, so I'm thinking I did that wrong.
I'd create a bat file for each PC game that you want to use xpadder for and set the file mask to *.exe, *.bat and re-import your WIndows games. You might need to set scraping mode to 'Interactive: Select Matches'.
Rom Collection Browser is awesome!

I have one question, how I can do to remove / update existing art? I tried deleting the art inside the folder(s) and used the option "clean database" and rescrape my collection or a single game with the new art insert on the configured folder but nothing works.

Any of you help is appreciated, thanks.
(2012-09-21, 16:56)lordashram Wrote: I'd create a bat file for each PC game that you want to use xpadder for and set the file mask to *.exe, *.bat and re-import your WIndows games. You might need to set scraping mode to 'Interactive: Select Matches'.

That's what I ended up doing, its working great.

And my final question...is there a way to port my RBC settings from one profile to the next? I reeeeeeally don't want to have to rebuild this whole thing again, if possible.
@manji, the easiest way is to backup all the contents of your %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser\
folder, but really you just need to backup 2 files in that folder:
config.xml & settings.xml
and just re-scrape with scrapers set to 'Local NFO' to rebuild your MyGames.db
(2012-09-21, 20:54)mzzc Wrote: Rom Collection Browser is awesome!

I have one question, how I can do to remove / update existing art? I tried deleting the art inside the folder(s) and used the option "clean database" and rescrape my collection or a single game with the new art insert on the configured folder but nothing works.

Any of you help is appreciated, thanks.

The images are stored in XBMC's cache and will refresh eventually on their own, but it may take some time. The workaround I use is to shut down XBMC and erase my "textures6.db" file and restart XBMC. This will force XBMC to refresh the artwork.
Is there anyway to point RCB to the rom path instead of the rom file?
  • 178(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20