ergonomics
I've tried some of xbmc skins and found every of them lacking something in this thread title department.

Let's stick to Welo for now... As xbmc is a media center and as a media center could be required when one has more than 3 movies to handle, the best and really useful view in movies is the wall view and I think you could really improve its ergonomics ! Let me explain...

Upon scrolling either way, the focal view is the upscaled thumb at the leftmost or rightmost edge. When this thumb coulb benefit from a bit more upscaling view (there is some room left for this), being at the edge of the screen has a big disadvantage : one cannot see what's coming ! I don't know if it's possible as I'm no coder but I do think that blocking that upscaled thumb two steps away from the edge of the screen represents a big improvement, like the screenshot shows :

like this, one has a little more than 2/3 of the screen showing whats viewed, the focused view (upscaled thumb) and what's coming being a bit less the last third of the screen.

(2012-09-21, 19:49)idoru17 Wrote: I've tried some of xbmc skins and found every of them lacking something in this thread title department.

Let's stick to Welo for now... As xbmc is a media center and as a media center could be required when one has more than 3 movies to handle, the best and really useful view in movies is the wall view and I think you could really improve its ergonomics ! Let me explain...

Upon scrolling either way, the focal view is the upscaled thumb at the leftmost or rightmost edge. When this thumb coulb benefit from a bit more upscaling view (there is some room left for this), being at the edge of the screen has a big disadvantage : one cannot see what's coming ! I don't know if it's possible as I'm no coder but I do think that blocking that upscaled thumb two steps away from the edge of the screen represents a big improvement, like the screenshot shows :

like this, one has a little more than 2/3 of the screen showing whats viewed, the focused view (upscaled thumb) and what's coming being a bit less the last third of the screen.

Hey idoru,

I had thought about that a while ago, however never got much time to investigate the tweak. Actually wanted the left most and right most covers partially off the screen. Welo had a mockup of this and it looks great. It's still on the list of design improvements so will hopefully get sorted at some time.

Cheers for your thoughts. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ergonomics0