• 4(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.6.2 EDEN Only
(2012-09-27, 21:33)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-09-27, 21:22)tw332 Wrote:
(2012-09-27, 17:15)Big_Noid Wrote: @Cath Barkley: I see. I cannot reproduce this. You sure you're on 3.6.0? I've been looking through the commits and we had some post 3.5.0 bugfixes concerning dark backgrounds like the one in the screenshot. You can check the version number in the select dialog for changing skins.

I'm also seeing this on 3.6.0, when "Set area colour for 'Featured' Window' is set to Normal or Extended, fan art is darkened but it does create a cool effect. Setting to Light or No, brings the fan art back again.

The new backgrounds are growing on me but I'm not 100% decided yet.

All in all, love the update, all seems stable here.
Thats actually a bug. Fixed by placing this in 1080i folder.

Cant help without a full debug log.

BN is that link supposed to take us to the xml file to download? I just get the raw code when I click on the link, I've copied and pasted it in the file.
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum so excuse me if I sound a bit noobish...
I was just using Eden with Aeon as I had for a while now, and after watching a show, I noticed all the looks for Aeon changed. Icons, backgrounds on each media section, etc.

I did not find anywhere an option regarding automatic updates, what has just happened? Did teh skin update itself for real?

Thanks for any clue you can provide me.
automatic updating should depend on your auto-update setting (available in settings --> addons --> media menu)
if that one is set to on then you have received an update to nox 3.6.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Well from the screenshots I have seen it is pretty obvious I received an update, but I was surprised becasue I don't remember setting this. Also because it happened while I was watching something! Thanks for conformation. I will check that setting.
(2012-09-28, 00:25)phil65 Wrote: automatic updating should depend on your auto-update setting (available in settings --> addons --> media menu)
Media Menu?
Where is this?
I'm always wondering how i can disable the auto update
Can you give more feed-back?
Tks for your attention....................

the menu which slides in from the left side. the tooltip on the left shows the direction you have to press to get there.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-09-27, 17:15)Big_Noid Wrote: @Cath Barkley: I see. I cannot reproduce this. You sure you're on 3.6.0? I've been looking through the commits and we had some post 3.5.0 bugfixes concerning dark backgrounds like the one in the screenshot. You can check the version number in the select dialog for changing skins.
Definitely on 3.6.0, rolling back to 3.5.0 fixes it.

It came good for a couple of minutes, but I went back to the main menu and then back into the TV shows menu and now it's back to being darkened.
(2012-09-27, 22:05)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-09-27, 21:53)relayer35 Wrote:
(2012-09-27, 21:39)phil65 Wrote: i did that because it wasn´t even my own work but from someone else tryin to help us makin the skin better.
if the majority would behave like you then we´d probably have much less people here in this forum who try to create something for others.
it´s ok to voice your opinion, but just comin in and sayin "i hate it, explain to me how to change that" is not the way to do that. even if you´re a long time contributor.

Perhaps I should I have phrased it differently, and said "not a fan of black of white", but that was a pretty big artistic change that was made, that is pretty much pushed to users unless they have automatic updates disabled, and it's jarring.

I also meant to imply that you were a long time contributor (not me), and I was surprised at the insult coming from you.

I appreciate the effort of everyone here but still don't need the person insult.

Luckily I still had 3.5 installed on another PC and copying the background folder from that PC was simpler than manually changing all the backgrounds back in the customizer. Thanks again for the suggestion.

that´s why xbmc is havin a rollback feature for add-ons. if you don´t like it, just go back.
i could also have written "does not make any sense" ( or do you want to tell me that a big tv is more suited for colored images than small ones?) but your first post made me think that you do not care too much about behaviour.

If English isn't their first language then I can excuse the lack of tact, but not real "smooth" on their behalf.

Personally if you choose to install XBMC, you choose to leave auto updating on and choose to use this skin. I really think that any changes the skin makes occurred because you left the door open and the developer makes their own choices for the masses.

As said it's a quick change and totally irrelevant to your TV. I think my 50" Plasma looks awesome with the deeper blacks... Personal preference, who'd have thought.

I have experience the odd crash when marking a TV series watched. But it seemed to settle down, and I figure seeing others with more severe issues, they will assist in having them resolved quicker. Mine are sporadic.

Anyway big thanks to all involved. The skin is king, and all my XBMC friends (5 of them) use it as default.

Can someone tell me how to go back to to 3.5, this skin is far too unstable for me.
(2012-09-28, 02:45)rmccre Wrote: Can someone tell me how to go back to to 3.5, this skin is far too unstable for me.

as bignoid said, you a) use some other version or b) something went wrong during your update.
your log says that the fontset Roboto is missing. that´s not possible when havin a properly installed nox 3.6.
rollback can be done by settings --> addons --> ... -->aeon nox --> rollback
Awesome update guys.

My only issue is that custom startup focus has no effect for me now - regardless of the number I type in, startup focus always ends up on the first of the three custom menu items I've been using for some time now.

Any thoughts?
(2012-09-28, 03:01)antisuck Wrote: Awesome update guys.

My only issue is that custom startup focus has no effect for me now - regardless of the number I type in, startup focus always ends up on the first of the three custom menu items I've been using for some time now.

Any thoughts?

right, that´s a bug which made it in because of the settings conversion we had to do.
will be fixed.
(2012-09-28, 03:12)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-09-28, 03:01)antisuck Wrote: Awesome update guys.

Any thoughts?

right, that´s a bug which made it in because of the settings conversion we had to do.
will be fixed.
Thanks, will there be any updates to 3.6 on the repo? Or should I get set up on git again to pick up a fix?
no, GIT master branch is frodo-only and WIP. if you want to have it fixed now you can download it here:
https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/zipball/eden
you only need to replace your 1080i folder.
(2012-09-28, 02:52)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-09-28, 02:45)rmccre Wrote: Can someone tell me how to go back to to 3.5, this skin is far too unstable for me.

as bignoid said, you a) use some other version or b) something went wrong during your update.
your log says that the fontset Roboto is missing. that´s not possible when havin a properly installed nox 3.6.
rollback can be done by settings --> addons --> ... -->aeon nox --> rollback

Can't see how the update could be a problem, given it was automatically applied overnight for me,,, I had the white skin etc I which i didn't like.

I've rolled back now, and it's much more stable AND quicker. Sadly I've lost my customised fanarts and thumbs for my movie library - major ballache. Sad
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.6.2 EDEN Only6