• 8(current)
Win HDHomerun Stream Builder (strm)
Cool, no problem. I don't blame you, it really is a mess.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
I have good news though. I have been working on v0.6 tonight with auto scanning of channels using VLC to see if they are truly broadcasting anything or not. It's almost done. I have fixed the internal preview as well.
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

New version released as v0.6

You can download it here: HDHomerun Stream Builder - v0.6.zip

Changes
Under advanced menu is the ability to scan all channels automatically to see if they have anything being broadcast or not. It will record a boolean indicating such and allow you to set favorites based on that. This should really help those with scenarios like the one posted about in post #53
Internal preview has been fixed as well.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

I have not tested yet. Progress looks to be moving along quite nicely. Thanks for your time and effort angrycamel.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2012-09-11, 00:20)angrycamel Wrote: Thanks for the feedback macrho. I believe the difference is that you are on an x86 system and the rest are on 64 bit. The install location for VLC is different on x86 than it is on AMD64 so, I have made some changes to the program startup to account for that. Let me know how they work for you.

It is working fine, I was surprised to find that the majority of my HD channels were unencrypted (only HBO/Showtime and IFC) - everything else shows up. If these channels stay unencrypted and support rolls into the PVR version, I may finally be done with MCE! Thanks much

Cool. Now that v0.6 of this is out I think I will finally get started on a HDHR live tv pvr addon.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Hi angrycamel!

Thanks for all you hard work! I keep receiving the following error when I try to use your scan on Win7 x64. Also tried running as administrator and same issue. If it helps, when running the scan it goes through about 10 to 15 channels, then hangs for like 5-10 minutes before throwing the error:

--Phil

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at HDHomerun_Stream_Builder.Main.BuildFullXMLTVFile() in F:\Personal\~Projects\HDHomeRun Stream Builder\GitHub\HDHomeRun_Stream_Builder\HDHomerun Stream Builder\Main.cs:line 168
at HDHomerun_Stream_Builder.Main.ScanChannels() in F:\Personal\~Projects\HDHomeRun Stream Builder\GitHub\HDHomeRun_Stream_Builder\HDHomerun Stream Builder\Main.cs:line 385
at HDHomerun_Stream_Builder.Main.scanChannelsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\Personal\~Projects\HDHomeRun Stream Builder\GitHub\HDHomeRun_Stream_Builder\HDHomerun Stream Builder\Main.cs:line 647
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
HDHomerun Stream Builder
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///T:/XBMC/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder%20-%20v0.6/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.278 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.282 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Vlc.DotNet.Core
Assembly Version: 1.2.0.0
Win32 Version: 2011.11.29.0
CodeBase: file:///T:/XBMC/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder%20-%20v0.6/Vlc.DotNet.Core.DLL
Vlc.DotNet.Core.Interops
CodeBase: file:///T:/XBMC/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder%20-%20v0.6/Vlc.DotNet.Core.Interops.DLL
Vlc.DotNet.Forms
CodeBase: file:///T:/XBMC/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder%20-%20v0.6/Vlc.DotNet.Forms.DLL
Newtonsoft.Json
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.0.0
CodeBase: file:///T:/XBMC/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder%20-%20v0.6/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.245 (RTMGDR.030319-2400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml.Linq
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Nevermind... Silly me just had the path to MCXML and not the exe file too.

SORRY! THANK YOU!!!
(2012-09-29, 19:03)Yankee516 Wrote: Nevermind... Silly me just had the path to MCXML and not the exe file too.

SORRY! THANK YOU!!!

Glad you got it working. Let me know if you run into any problems while using it.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

New version released as v0.7

You can download it here: HDHomerun Stream Builder - v0.7.zip

Changes
Added support to build a settings2.xml and xmltv.xml file for PseudoTV with LiveTV support. (See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...id=1202868)

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

As I mentioned in your other thread, i cannot get this tool to work. It throws an error with the following description:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at HDHomerun_Stream_Builder.Main.ScanChannels()
at HDHomerun_Stream_Builder.Main.scanChannelsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
HDHomerun Stream Builder
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/Downloads/HD%20Home%20Run%20Stream%20Builder/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Vlc.DotNet.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/Downloads/HD%20Home%20Run%20Stream%20Builder/Vlc.DotNet.Core.DLL
Vlc.DotNet.Core.Interops
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/Downloads/HD%20Home%20Run%20Stream%20Builder/Vlc.DotNet.Core.Interops.DLL
Vlc.DotNet.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/Downloads/HD%20Home%20Run%20Stream%20Builder/Vlc.DotNet.Forms.DLL
Newtonsoft.Json
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/Downloads/HD%20Home%20Run%20Stream%20Builder/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Thanks!
XvMMvX:

I had the same issue. Check the path it auto populates for the Hdhomerun_config.exe file. It looks for it in the c:\program files (x86)\... folder (on 64bit machines) and it should look in the c:\program files\.... folder (that is where it installed on my machine anyways). I changed that path and it started working for me. I hope this helps.

speedbal
I decided to try this out, now that it has integration with Psuedotv. I downloaded the psuedo fork, successfully scanned my channels(OTA antenna), and made a .chl file. However when I run the TV Guide addon tool I get a popup window saying "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" for every channel which I have to click on to continue. There are no errors when running the psuedotv tool, only when opening psuedo there are no channels found. This is due to the lineup I use in mc2xml "terrestrial antenna" not matching my channel numbers(xml file created is empty).
I have tried zap2xml, which gives an exact match to the channels I receive, so I was wondering if there was any workaround to use the xml generated by the zap2xml program? I have tried creating a .bat file(needed for user/pass), then renaming it to mc2xml and even converting that .bat file to an exe with no success. Can the xml file be manually put into the directory needed in the psuedo folder? Any suggestions?

Edit: I skimmed through this entire thread and noticed others had problems with guide listings not matching channel numbers as well. I tried using a cable lineup with a .chl file with just local channels. This did build a list of strm files, however I am still getting the same problems. I tried changing modifying channels, but I'm not sure what I need to change. I also tried previewing channels internal & external but got nothing(I can view stream in HDHR viewer). I figured this would solve my problems but I'm getting nowhere. Any help? Would it be possible to add support for zap2xml for us OTA antenna users?
Hey! Thanks for your help and contributions to the community! I can't get the stream builder to work for me, though. I keep getting the following error:

System.Xml.XmlException: Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: programme, tv. Line 3840562, position 1.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowUnclosedElements()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r)
at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r, LoadOptions o)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)
at HDHomerun_Stream_Builder.Main.LoadFullXMLTVChannels()
at HDHomerun_Stream_Builder.Main.EnhanceChannelsWithXMLTVData()
at HDHomerun_Stream_Builder.Main.ScanChannels()
at HDHomerun_Stream_Builder.Main.scanChannelsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

mscorlib
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)
HDHomerun Stream Builder
CodeBase: file:///C:/hdhr7/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.278 built by: RTMGDR
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.282 built by: RTMGDR
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 built by: RTMGDR
Vlc.DotNet.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/hdhr7/Vlc.DotNet.Core.DLL
Vlc.DotNet.Core.Interops
CodeBase: file:///C:/hdhr7/Vlc.DotNet.Core.Interops.DLL
Vlc.DotNet.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/hdhr7/Vlc.DotNet.Forms.DLL
Newtonsoft.Json
CodeBase: file:///C:/hdhr7/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Xml
System.Core
System.Data
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
System.Xml.Linq

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

IDK what to do =( Thanks for your time!
Does this work with Windows 8....I am having a ha hard time getting the required exe program to work(mc2xml.exe). I have windows 8 pc....running beta3 XBMC...and trying to get my HDHomerun prime to work with it. Any way to get the program to work in windows 8?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomerun Stream Builder (strm)0