• 157(current)
JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC
Thanks for both Smile
Hello,

while developing my new .Net Client API (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141604) I discovered a bug in the JSON schema returned by JSONRPC.Introspect:

It reports the type “string” for the property “country” on type “List.Item.All”. But the API actually returns “string[]”. That’s why the most Windows Phone and Window 8 XBMC apps are broken on Frodo.

Is this a known bug? Can I do something to get the schema fixed?

Regards
Steve
Just letting me know is enough for it to get fixed. I probably missed that one when I changed the JSON schema to an array of strings. Thanks for the hint.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2012-09-30, 14:50)DerPate Wrote: Hello,

while developing my new .Net Client API (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141604) I discovered a bug in the JSON schema returned by JSONRPC.Introspect:

It reports the type “string” for the property “country” on type “List.Item.All”. But the API actually returns “string[]”. That’s why the most Windows Phone and Window 8 XBMC apps are broken on Frodo.

Is this a known bug? Can I do something to get the schema fixed?

Regards
Steve

Fixed with https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/356b...eca00caf6f and thanks again for reporting it.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thank you. Now my auto generated API client work without any manual modifications.
(2012-03-22, 13:15)Montellese Wrote: You can send any URL to XBMC through Player.Open using the "file" property of the "item" parameter
Code:
{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method:" Player.Open", "params": { "item": { "file": "http://www.xyz.com/foo?bar" } }, "id": 1 }
but providing a session/cookie/context isn't possible.

I'm desperately trying to get a slave xbmc (actually raspbmc) to switch from playing either a shared file on a public windows 2008 r2 server folder OR a stream from a IP Camera. I understand I place the IP camera settings into a *.strm file and add it to the playlist.

BUT

I want to test the xbmc box with a url like the one quoted above but i cant get it going....anyone got a working JSON RPC call to a random movie stream that I can test out? (the quoted one above doesnt work when url is replaced by one of my own choosing - maybe url issues or maybe syntax issues as i keep getting errors).

Please help Sad
New merge window (and last one before Frodo feature freeze) is open:

Monday, October 1st 2012:
Commits: d3d0cfebc02a0c5d2b5c, fee57ef73122697d5c12, a31cdbdba90b973420ce, 79e7c0c205b0fc91ca78, ef7f03ee93acdef40b34
  • cleanup sort methods in List.Sort
  • added GUI.ActivateWindow
  • added partymode property to Player.Open to be able to start the music/video partymode or a specific smartplaylist in partymode
  • added Player.SetPartymode to enable/disable/toggle partymode during playback of a playlist
  • added lastplayed property for tvshows
  • added playcount property for albums
  • added OnScanStarted notification to AudioLibrary/VideoLibrary

More to come during the next 10 days.
you think that we will didn't get Json-rpc about LiveTv in playerid methods before freeze?
Any chance for a Player.SetRandomMode too ? And a way to add items to playlist in non random mode (when in random mode) to be able to start the correct item ? (Check my previouses unanswered posts )
Or a way to add items to queue with a play parameter so it start the item as it's added ?
Sorry to add to the questions but is image transform out for Frodo?
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
Just about to add audio and subtitle menus when I noticed the "name" isn't returned for audio or subtitles. For example GetItem or GetMovieDetails gives:
Code:
"streamdetails": { "audio": [ { "channels": 6,"codec": "dca","language": "eng" }
but Player.GetProperties gives:
Code:
"currentaudiostream": { "bitrate": 0,"channels": 6,"codec": "dca","index": 0,"language": "eng","name": "DTS 5.1 @ 1510 kbps - DTS 5.1" }
Without the "name" you get things like: eng eng eng. Where there are two commentary tracks. Same thing for subtitles.

I'll have a look and see if I can do it myself but you can probably do it in 5 minutes Smile
(2012-10-01, 18:25)yallah Wrote: you think that we will didn't get Json-rpc about LiveTv in playerid methods before freeze?
I don't have any PVR equipment or installation so I don't use it myself and can't write the JSON-RPC interface for it either. There's a PR on github which adds basic support for PVR to JSON-RPC but it needs some changes before it can get included into mainline and the author hasn't responded yet.

(2012-10-01, 18:46)Tolriq Wrote: Any chance for a Player.SetRandomMode too ? And a way to add items to playlist in non random mode (when in random mode) to be able to start the correct item ? (Check my previouses unanswered posts )
Or a way to add items to queue with a play parameter so it start the item as it's added ?
Uhm we have Player.Shuffle and Player.Unshuffle (which will soon be merged into Player.SetShuffle) which should work well enough. Adding an item to a playlist and directly playing it will most likely not be supported because we want to keep the playlist seperate from the player (is this even possible in xbmc?). Concerning your other question maybe I can alter Playlist.Add/Insert so that it returns the position of the new item which would then allow you to use that to start it. Would that be good enough?

(2012-10-01, 20:19)Mizaki Wrote: Sorry to add to the questions but is image transform out for Frodo?
Most likely not. I looked into it and while the webserver part of the implementation is very easy I have no knowledge of either the texture cache or the image loading/caching and jmarshall is very busy ATM and doesn't have time to look into it either.
(2012-10-01, 21:03)Mizaki Wrote: Just about to add audio and subtitle menus when I noticed the "name" isn't returned for audio or subtitles. For example GetItem or GetMovieDetails gives:
Code:
"streamdetails": { "audio": [ { "channels": 6,"codec": "dca","language": "eng" }
but Player.GetProperties gives:
Code:
"currentaudiostream": { "bitrate": 0,"channels": 6,"codec": "dca","index": 0,"language": "eng","name": "DTS 5.1 @ 1510 kbps - DTS 5.1" }
Without the "name" you get things like: eng eng eng. Where there are two commentary tracks. Same thing for subtitles.

I'll have a look and see if I can do it myself but you can probably do it in 5 minutes Smile

That's not possible right now because XBMC only retrieves that information when an item is played but not when it reads the basic streamdetails of a file. Don't ask me why it's just how it is right now. So it would require several changes in different parts of the code (with which I'm not familiar with) to get it working.
Okay. I'll just have to stick to next and previous. Typical I only notice now.
BTW I'm sure you guys noticed that JSON-RPC has it's own subforum now so if you have a feature request (which can't be posted on trac anymore) feel free to create a new thread for it. That makes it much easier to track for me than if everything is posted in this thread. You can still post things in here etc if you like though. I'll see if we can get some tags like [Feature Request] and [Bug] and [Solved] etc which would make it even easier.
  • 157(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC8