• 83(current)
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth
@jskube - The GetPreviewIconPath message doesn't mean that the file is downloaded, it means the addon requests the path to the cached image. The images should be downloaded only once.
However we're now suspending the image download during playback. When you stopped the playback, the remaining images should be loaded and displayed. I'll disable the message soon if we know that the cache is working.

For osx builds we need to create the xcode project and replace all .at() calls by propper find + [] calls since those are cpp11.
(2012-10-10, 19:41)janbar Wrote: @all mac users
About OsX, i had started to build it and stop. Now i have more time since we have resolved major issues. I'll post a tuto for mac user. Br

XBMC is trying to update the wiki to include better PVR information. Right now the steps for OSX compiling are linked in with the Linux instructions here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR/Testing If your instructions are more comprehensive I'd be happy to format it correctly for these pages.

Also, note for the devs. Please take a look at the supported backends on this page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR and make sure the MythTV information is correct.
(2012-10-10, 19:36)Aubrien Wrote: I see alot of you are using the Ceton cards and HDHomeRun. I can't use those because DISH Network doesn't have CableCards. Actually, only terrestrial cable is required to provide those so nobody with sattellite can get an mcard. But before I switched to DISH for all of the extra channels and lower prices I was looking into one of these CableCard tuners when I had Time Warner and Comcast. I was a little reluctant to invest in them though since you can only use channels that are flagged as copy freely. It also looked like any channel labeled as copy freely can change at any time if the cable company wants to as well. There is basically no promises that it will work tomorrow. I didn't like the sound of that. Also all of my premium channels wouldn't be able to be tunned to with those capture devices using xbmc and mythbackend since they are flagged copy once/never. Are any of you experiencing this issue? For example can you watch HBO, Cinemax, Shotime, etc. with this setup? I'm currently using the analog loophole with a set top box and HD PVR to strip the DRM, but I have a friend with TWC asking what card to get. If I tell him that he cant get some channels to work without being forced to do playback through an "approved media extender" (not xbmc/mythbackend) then he wont be happy. Thanks

I have Verizon FiOS which is the odd one when it comes to channel flagging. Up until very recently everything was marked copy freely but HBO requested all of their channels be set as copy once. I get all of my channels minus HBO/Cinemax but that can change as it has with HBO channels.
@all want to test

For xbmc , today you can get the nightly. Later prefer the same commit forked by cfetzer to avoid any disappointment. Br
About OsX, i had started to build it and stop. Now i have more time since we have resolved major issues. I'll post a tuto for mac user. Br

Thanks a lot for this janbar, can't wait Smile

I actually got it to compile on OS X 10.8 but I had to edit a lot of the MakeFile's manually, IIRC I had to remove some "-lrt" stuff, and the "boost" references.

An cleaner way to compile on Mac is certainly appreciated!

Thanks again,
Martin
So I think I will tell him that it is easier and cheaper to go the mcard route, but if he has anything other than basic cable to consider analog capture as an option. The issue with analog is the tune time is longer because of IR blaster. Everything is a tradeoff so it depends on the situation I think. But if you have dish, you dont really have a choice but to capture what is coming out of the STB outputs. Thanks
Janbar,
I'll have some additional feedback for you with my analog card tonight. Been busy with work and my Win7 workstation wont boot now so I need to rebuild. From my limited testing though it looks like once I tune it works and can survive a show transition without stopping. As for tuning, It should be able to start playback in 10s after I select a channel (channel change script for IR blaster, channel lock by set top box, and buffering) and it does sometimes. Other times it can take anywhere from 10s-80s. After I hit 80s it will time out and drop me to the channel select screen.
And as soon as I posted it stopped between shows, lol
Aubrien,

I have Cincinnati Bell Fioptics and everything I get is not marked with any type of copy protection, IE CCI=null; I don't subscribe to any premium channels so can't speak for them.

by the way, I have a Hauppage HD PVR card if your friend decides to go that route. I'll sell it cheap.

Kevin
(2012-10-10, 19:52)robweber Wrote:

XBMC is trying to update the wiki to include better PVR information. Right now the steps for OSX compiling are linked in with the Linux instructions here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR/Testing If your instructions are more comprehensive I'd be happy to format it correctly for these pages.

Also, note for the devs. Please take a look at the supported backends on this page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR and make sure the MythTV information is correct.

I updated the MythTV section on: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR...d_Backends a bit. I added fetzerch, janbar and tsp as maintainers (@dteirney, do you still want to be listed as maintainer?) I also added a note that this is not yet part of the main repo and that the code is available at: https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons

@robweber: it would probably be a good idea to create a subpage e.g. PVR/MythTV like the VDR add-on that gives a bit more detail.

Incidentally, @cfetzer: what is the plan going forward for merging with dushmaniac's repo? will this be done before or after Frodo?
okay the step to do a build (correct me if I am wrong please)

1. git clone git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git
2. cd xbmc
3. git pull
4. make clean
5. ./bootstrap
6. ./configure
7. make
8. sudo make install

Addon
9. git clone https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons
10. cd xbmc-pvr-addons
11. make clean
12. ./bootstrap
13. ./configure
14. make
15. sudo make install
@fiveisalive: great, thanks!
Plan is to create a PR for the addon's repo as soon as it's ready and stable. And I think we're on a good way.
However I'm not sure if it can be merged before Frodo because of the feature freeze. I'll clarify this.

@kburkart: Yes that should work. If you clone the addon into xbmc/pvr-addons then the xbmc build will automatically trigger the addon build.
(2012-10-10, 22:07)cfetzer Wrote: @fiveisalive: great, thanks!
Plan is to create a PR for the addon's repo as soon as it's ready and stable. And I think we're on a good way.
However I'm not sure if it can be merged before Frodo because of the feature freeze. I'll clarify this.

@kburkart: Yes that should work. If you clone the addon into xbmc/pvr-addons then the xbmc build will automatically trigger the addon build.

So by that I assume I do the git clone from xbmc/pvr-addons directory?
As requested I created a wiki page under PVR/MythTV (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR/MythTV) for more information on the MythTV PVR integration process. I took the template as defined by the other addons that already had pages setup and modified it with Myth specific information.

I put in a placeholder for now where a screenshot of the addon settings area should go, with descriptions of the settings. If anyone can upload a pic (Confluence skin only to conform with the wiki) of the settings page that would be helpful.
(2012-10-10, 22:44)robweber Wrote: As requested I created a wiki page under PVR/MythTV (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR/MythTV) for more information on the MythTV PVR integration process. I took the template as defined by the other addons that already had pages setup and modified it with Myth specific information.

I put in a placeholder for now where a screenshot of the addon settings area should go, with descriptions of the settings. If anyone can upload a pic (Confluence skin only to conform with the wiki) of the settings page that would be helpful.

Thanks, turns out that there is already an outdated: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:MythTV_PVR and it seems that all the links from the PVR page should probably point to something under the Add-on: namespace, but this is also a problem with other add-ons.

I've asked for clarification on the wiki structure here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Talk:PVR Feel free to chime in there.

Either way, we should probably merge the two pages at some point once it is clear how things should be structured. I think a large part of the confusion new users have about the status of MythTV in XBMC (and PVR more generally) is the plethora of outdated wiki pages and/or forum posts and we should use this opportunity to clean things up. (we can always move the technical discussions to Talk: pages).
I downloaded the windows beta6 snapshot today then built the mythtv pvr addon from https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons and copied it to my xbmc install. However when I try to configure tv xbmc crashes. Is this because I am using the snapshot build? I have included the section from my debug log where the crash happens.

Code:
22:21:39 T:4436   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Creating MythTV cmyth PVR-Client
22:21:39 T:4436   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Register handle @ libXBMC_addon...done
22:21:39 T:4436   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Checking props...
22:21:39 T:4436   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Checking props...done
22:21:39 T:4436   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Register handle @ libXBMC_pvr...
22:21:39 T:4436   DEBUG: LoadLibraryExA called with flags:
                                             - LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH
22:21:39 T:4436    INFO:   msg: Unable to assign function "PVR_trigger_epg_update": The specified procedure could not be found.
22:21:39 T:4436   ERROR: ADDON: Dll MythTV cmyth PVR Client - Client returned bad status (4) from Create and is not usable
22:21:39 T:4436    INFO: Called Add-on status handler for '4' of clientName:MythTV cmyth PVR Client, clientID:pvr.mythtv.cmyth (same Thread=no)
22:21:39 T:4436 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on MythTV cmyth PVR Client
22:21:39 T:3716  NOTICE: Thread CAddonStatusHandler:pvr.mythtv.cmyth start, auto delete: true
22:21:39 T:5204   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogOK.xml) ------
22:21:39 T:5204    INFO: Loading skin file: DialogOK.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
22:21:40 T:4436   DEBUG: PVR::CPVRClients::RegisterClient - registering add-on 'MythTV cmyth PVR Client'
22:21:40 T:4436   DEBUG: PVR - PVR::CPVRClient::Create - creating PVR add-on instance 'MythTV cmyth PVR Client'
22:21:40 T:4436   DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - MythTV cmyth PVR Client
22:21:40 T:4436   DEBUG: LoadLibraryExA called with flags:
22:21:40 T:4436   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Creating MythTV cmyth PVR-Client
22:21:40 T:4436   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Register handle @ libXBMC_addon...done
22:21:40 T:4436   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Checking props...
22:21:40 T:4436   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Checking props...done
22:21:40 T:4436   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Register handle @ libXBMC_pvr...
22:21:40 T:4436   DEBUG: LoadLibraryExA called with flags:
22:21:40 T:4436    INFO:   msg: Unable to assign function "PVR_trigger_epg_update": The specified procedure could not be found.
22:21:40 T:4436   ERROR: ADDON: Dll MythTV cmyth PVR Client - Client returned bad status (4) from Create and is not usable
22:21:40 T:4436    INFO: Called Add-on status handler for '4' of clientName:MythTV cmyth PVR Client, clientID:pvr.mythtv.cmyth (same Thread=no)
22:21:40 T:4436 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on MythTV cmyth PVR Client
22:21:40 T:3804  NOTICE: Thread CAddonStatusHandler:pvr.mythtv.cmyth start, auto delete: true
22:21:40 T:5204   ERROR: CApplication::FrameMove(), too many exceptions
22:21:43 T:4436   DEBUG: PVR::CPVRClients::RegisterClient - registering add-on 'MythTV cmyth PVR Client'
22:21:43 T:4436   DEBUG: PVR - PVR::CPVRClient::Create - creating PVR add-on instance 'MythTV cmyth PVR Client'
22:21:43 T:4436   DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - MythTV cmyth PVR Client
22:21:43 T:4436   DEBUG: LoadLibraryExA called with flags:
22:21:43 T:4436   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Creating MythTV cmyth PVR-Client
22:21:43 T:4436   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Register handle @ libXBMC_addon...done
22:21:43 T:4436   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Checking props...
22:21:43 T:4436   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Checking props...done
22:21:43 T:4436   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Register handle @ libXBMC_pvr...
22:21:43 T:4436   DEBUG: LoadLibraryExA called with flags:
22:21:43 T:4436    INFO:   msg: Unable to assign function "PVR_trigger_epg_update": The specified procedure could not be found.
22:21:43 T:4436   ERROR: ADDON: Dll MythTV cmyth PVR Client - Client returned bad status (4) from Create and is not usable
22:21:43 T:4436    INFO: Called Add-on status handler for '4' of clientName:MythTV cmyth PVR Client, clientID:pvr.mythtv.cmyth (same Thread=no)
22:21:43 T:4436 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on MythTV cmyth PVR Client
22:21:43 T:8012  NOTICE: Thread CAddonStatusHandler:pvr.mythtv.cmyth start, auto delete: true
(2012-09-30, 00:46)janbar Wrote: @pgjensen

Right, sometime playback stop. I saw logs and some errors in stream are reported by mythbackend. Then It skip frames and ring buffer is empty for a short period. Probably we need to add a delay when buffer is empty before return and finally stop playback because no stream... I take note.
When tune is not very good, lot of frames are skipped. With a fast channel switch the "timeshift" is short and when buffer cannot to be filled the playback stop.

(2012-10-10, 19:49)cfetzer Wrote: @jskube - The GetPreviewIconPath message doesn't mean that the file is downloaded, it means the addon requests the path to the cached image. The images should be downloaded only once.
However we're now suspending the image download during playback. When you stopped the playback, the remaining images should be loaded and displayed. I'll disable the message soon if we know that the cache is working.

For osx builds we need to create the xcode project and replace all .at() calls by propper find + [] calls since those are cpp11.
Hi, cfetzer
All seem good for the addon. It is very stable and timeout work great when network pipe with the backend is congested. Program beak works without issues (since 1 days non-stop).
I just made build for OSX and it works greats without any change (for the moment). But now i must to update packaging for user like update Makefile and adding link for dependencies boost libs and mysqlcient lib.
Nota: for OSX leopard 10.6.8 - Also i build it without use Xcode project.

• 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth8