• 50(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
I'm not doubting that XBMC crashed on you. I'm just saying that statement you posted is not, in itself, evidence of a crash. Anytime you examine xbmc.log or xbmc.old.log, you will see a statement similar to that at the beginning of the file.

As far as your crash problem, have you tried regressing to an earlier version of OpenELEC to see if this add-on works? You'd mentioned that it was working with OpenELEC v1.9.5.n. If the add-on still fails even with an earlier OpenELEC version that previously worked for you, then the problem may be in the add-on's court. However, if re-installing an earlier OpenELEC version allows you to use this add-on again, then you may want to steer this investigation toward OE.
(2012-10-08, 00:22)artrafael Wrote: As far as your crash problem, have you tried regressing to an earlier version of OpenELEC to see if this add-on works? You'd mentioned that it was working with OpenELEC v1.9.5.n. If the add-on still fails even with an earlier OpenELEC version that previously worked for you, then the problem may be in the add-on's court. However, if re-installing an OpenELEC version allows you to use this add-on again, then you may want to steer this investigate toward OE.

Yes, good point.

The add-on does still work with OE 1.95.7. So 1.99.1 has either introduced an incompatibility with the Hulu plugin...or a bug in OE itself. I don't know how to determine which it is.

Other plugins do seem to be able to play videos successfully in 1.99.1, but of course there still could be a problem that has to be fixed in OE.

Accordingly, I'll post a report of the problem in the OE forum also.

If there's any further information or logs I can provide to help nail this down, I'm happy to assist.

I wonder if this could be the source of the problem. If so, it's apparently fixed in the next OE release.

http://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/1298
(2012-10-09, 19:15)richardk Wrote: I wonder if this could be the source of the problem. If so, it's apparently fixed in the next OE release.

http://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/1298

That could certainly be the reason.
What makes the Hulu pluggin display the TV poster in background full screen?

Is it the artwork downloader program or it done when scrapping website?

Im asking b/c Im trying to figure out if 1channel can have this option.

Thanks

(2012-10-11, 21:05)sproket Wrote: What makes the Hulu pluggin display the TV poster in background full screen?

Is it the artwork downloader program or it done when scrapping website?

Im asking b/c Im trying to figure out if 1channel can have this option.

Thanks

That's the View Options accessible from the sidebar on the right. It's plugin specific, not related to artwork downloader.

In 1Channel, the background poster only shows when you're inside a show folder(where it lists the seasons). At present, I don't think there's a way to display the background fan art when browsing TV Show names. It works for movies though.
(2012-10-06, 01:15)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-10-06, 01:06)richardk Wrote: The Hulu plugin has worked fine for me on OpenElec 1.95.n and prior releases. On 1.99.1, it fails to play any videos. When I select an episode to play, I get only a white "x" in the middle of the screen, and the system returns to the main XBMC menu.

A debug log can be found at:

http://pastebin.com/4HuCXAwF

Hope this helps someone to identify and fix the problem.

Your debug log does not indicate that you had launched the Hulu add-on.

This is fixed in OpenELEC 1.99.2. Thank you to the OE developers for a quick solution!
Hi Guys,

The plugin has been working flawless until the recent raspbmc upgrade. Was wondering if someone could decipher the attached log and let me know what the issue is? And if there is a fix. Happy to take the issue to raspbmc forums, if it is an issue with raspbmc.

Log file is at :

http://pastebin.com/0cf8BsKT

Thanks
H

I can't get Hulu plugin to work, after the commercial it shows " can't find a next item to play" error ( sometimes it plays another commercial), the only thing I can watch is commercials only..

I can watch Hulu perfectly fine with browser. I've tried to install both auto update +Hulu plugins, lastest version of XBMC on my laptop but didn't work. Any advice ?

Edit: Nvm, I finally get it to work. Not sure what was the problem, I just signup free account/login, change video quality to ask and remove ads and the plugin works like charm. Hope this help for anyone run into this problem.
I've been having a really annoying problem lately. About half the time I watch Hulu on my ATV2, XBMC just hangs indefinitely after the show ends.
Any suggestions?

I'll grab the log next time this happens.
If I installed XBMC on windows with the default options, and then I configure the the Hulu add-on to Export to the "Default Library Folder"
Does anyone know the filepath to this "Default Library Folder?" It is not listed in the OP or in this entire thread. Is everyone using a custom library folder?
I have a similar problem as fallengt: Hulu only plays ads for me. I didn't change the plugin's default config besides adding my Hulu credentials.
Watching movies on hulu.com works fine. Running Eden on Ubuntu 12.04

Does this plugin generate a log file which I could check to provide further details?
(2012-10-16, 14:09)zwobot Wrote: Does this plugin generate a log file which I could check to provide further details?
You can enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC itself and then launch the add-on. When it fails to play your video, you can examine the XBMC debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) to see if there's any indication as to why it failed.

(2012-09-25, 19:34)fr0sty Wrote: Got it working now, disabled login, disabled all the ads, set CDN to akamai and put quality to the highest. Thought i tried that yesterday too, but maybe a reboot changed something Smile

Tried just about everything on Windows 7 XBMC and nothing worked. Followed these settings above and by God it worked!?!?
Thanks fr0sty!

(2012-09-25, 19:34)fr0sty Wrote: Got it working now, disabled login, disabled all the ads, set CDN to akamai and put quality to the highest. Thought i tried that yesterday too, but maybe a reboot changed something Smile
Great, works for me, too. Left my login enabled, though. Big Grin
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17