• 32(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
Anyone know if this works on a Raspberry Pi? or if it's likely to work any time soon?
OK, so.. i've read almost this whole tread, but still no changing colors :S

running XBMCbuntu
have the Arduino programmed on the Windows PC
- arduino.exe -> File, Sketchbook, LEDstream -> Extra, Board, Arduino UNO -> Extra, SerielePoort, Port 5 (only port) -> Upload.

Arduino connected to the HTPC (running XBMCbuntu), Data, Clock, Ground and USB.
when the ardiuno gets connected, I get a R,G,B, sweep on all LED's so, that is working.

Boblight.conf eddited (http://pastebin.com/zz311fT9)
Boblight file copyed to HTPC (/etc/ map)
HTPC rebooted.

Boblight add-on gives a "Failed to connect to server"
So, started putty and runed "sudo boblightd -f"
that one runs nicely

Boblight add-on restarted, and now it gives a nice "Connected to boblightd"

but... Still no colors in movies, no colors when i select to only output one color in the settings menu.

What am i doing wrong?

and. Do i need to always run the boblightd -f on startup to use the boblight/ambilight? if so, how to make it "autorun"?

ps.
Have an AMD CPU and a AMD Graphicscard (installed latests drivers), running by HDMI to my Onkyo and from there to the TV
(2012-08-29, 23:15)HellStorm666 Wrote:
when the ardiuno gets connected, I get a R,G,B, sweep on all LED's so, that is working.

HTPC rebooted.

I would say your prefix is wrong.
For 50 LEDs it should be »41 64 61 00 31 64«.

You should also copy the boblight.conf to /etc/boblight.conf
I don't know what you mean with »/etc/ map«.

Hope that helps.
(2012-08-30, 19:27)ach1m Wrote:
(2012-08-29, 23:15)HellStorm666 Wrote:

HTPC rebooted.

I would say your prefix is wrong.
For 50 LEDs it should be »41 64 61 00 31 64«.

You should also copy the boblight.conf to /etc/boblight.conf
I don't know what you mean with »/etc/ map«.

Hope that helps.

Change it, still no succes.
Tried the same setup on the Windows pc, and then it is working.
In Linux (XBMCBuntu) I can't get it to work. Boblight-constant is also not working.
The tx (or rx) led on the Arduino keeps burning, so it is getting data.

EDIT:
Re-installed some -dev files like G++, libusb a.s.o.
Rebuilded the boblight deamon
Reprogrammed the Arduino
Used the default boblight.conf...
And it worked Smile
.. So changed the boblight.conf so it matches the 50 LED's

And it still works Smile

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_38k7klkN8&hd=1
Memphiz or bobo1on1,

The colordetection doesn't work with full-screen vizualisation.
I guess that that is correct, but is it possible to add that future tot boblight?
Also the detection in xbmc menu's and pictures would be very nice.

thanks anyway for your superb program Smile
No comment - we have answered this multiple Times now in this thread
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I will personally buy the Boblight devs a couple of these when released if there's the slightest chance that boblightd could be modified to talk to them.

LIFX: The Light Bulb Reinvented

"LIFX is a WiFi enabled, multi-color, energy efficient LED light bulb that you control with your iPhone or Android."
Looks straight forward once a sdk is available.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hi all,

the RPI does not seem to support boblightd since it does not use GLES, right?
So my question is: What does the RPI use to render the movie? It must be somehow
possible to analyze the image.

Best,
Harnz
Hi XBMC Fans and developers !

(Sorry for my bad English, this language is not native to me).

We are the developers of the free project Ambilight illumination on any PC
(Published scheme and firmware for DIY ).

Twinkling Plug ( Paintpaсk name assembled device) .

Rear view monitor with installed gadgets:

project page
http://www.mindrunway.ru/HWUsb2.html

Now we have our own software captures the images and colors of the film who plays a video player.

Such a method has drawbacks.

Most the best way to work: Do not miss party software video frames, and obtain information on their color directly from the video player.

Make this opportunity to wish XBMC

After all, so far, none of this function do not!!

Can you help with this?
From us will be consultation on the introduction of the code of our library.
XBMC should calculate the average color of the area in the frame and transmit information about the color of our biblioteu. Then she lights a color library on the device.

We also send you a free device to work with him!

The current SDK is attached.
PluginSDK.rar

I am writing on behalf of QuickWitted It's not yet registered.

Quote: I am the developer of iron free to repeat the project Twinkling Plug.

Quote:There are two branches.
The first works with the plugin. But due to strong loading plugin creator integrate with it will be a little problematic.
Two DMX has a standard interface to the outside world, written for our iron me.

Device behaves like a standard USB => DMX converter having on board 30 dimmer channels (10 channels RGB LED).
Soup can be cascaded (5 devices give 150 dimmer channels, which corresponds to 50 RGB LED channels).
DMX output at devaysa standard and it can connect any DMX compatible equipment.

Disadvantage of this approach - all the processing on the control program (your player), as well as configuration of Fixtures.
player, after initializing the library, takes off to the library data on the luminosity of each channel.

example
/ / SetData (1,127); / / Sets channel # 1 data to 127 (50% of the max. Value)
/ / SetData (Channel, Data) Sets the data value for the DMX channel

in the current library (obviously not the last) of its version is in the first post ...
At the moment, we have created a new library with the interface like the original, that is, altered
wretched initial decision to work with multiple DMX universes at the same time from different
management programs.

Ie you do not get a single device, and docking with professional DMX lighting fixtures
and the ability to use your player at concerts (both now soft VenueMagic DMXAV).

By the way, our execution in the current dimmer not just LED ...
is being tested for three phase 150 channels and 300 kW under VenueMagic DMXAV
(Compared to 50 condominium comes 200 kW)

Fixtures is a table with the lights, the channel mapping (see attachment).
If you do not use third-party hardware, we have the RGB channels

SetData (1,15); which corresponds to R01 = 15
SetData (2,127); corresponding G01 = 127
SetData (3,17); corresponding B01 = 17
SetData (4,18); which corresponds to R02 = 18
SetData (5,19); which corresponds to G02 = 19
SetData (6,170); corresponding B02 = 170

and so on = depends on the number of RGB channels

Members area (actually RGB LEDs) are glued not standardized ...
(The program creates a rectangle that juzverej drags on the screen)

more on video
http://paintpack.ru/review/

Why not use the same?

in the film 24 frames
player of 24 frames ponadelal intermediate frames that would fit in the frequency of the monitor.
current plugin to capture what appears on the monitor ...
as a result on the device may show inconsistencies with what is shown on the screen.
(Not the fact that the taking flash shots of the film can capture frames where flash is quenched
lubricated or flash ...)

only option bypass the current situation - getting data straight from the movie ...
So, I know that boblight isn't originally compiled for windows, but I've been eager to make this work.

Earlier I was running off an Ubuntu machine but an upgrade lately has put me on windows 7 and it looks like I won't go back to Ubuntu for a while.

Arduino with 2x25 LED strands (Adalight), Windows 7 x64, boblight, XBMC 12.0 A7.

First, I tried the package from this website. It seemed that daemon (1.3b1) worked but it didn't want to communicate with the XBMC addon. I think this is a known problem.

Then I came across this German website describing how to get boblight + xbmc working under windows. I believe this is an older version of boblight but I'm not sure.

The version from this German site seems to have problems 'activating' or finding the com-port at startup, so what I did is first use the official 1.3b1 to initiate communication with the com port, after which the German version worked seamlessly!

So the interesting thing is that the boblight version from the German site didn't work unless I first started the 1.3b1 that I found earlier.

I am now running Adalight by boblight under Windows 7 with XBMC and this plugin! Very nice!
Hi everybody, I'm new in the ambilight thing
i'm now running 126 leds with boblight + xbmc, so coupple of questtions:
Is there any way to turn on / off static light with remote / shortcut key?
Whats the different between fastSPI to SPI arduinu code?
Is there recommended custom setting for boblight plugin?

thanks
HI all,

I'm having trouble getting boblight to work with my setup. Right now I'm trying to run boblight on win7. I've downloaded boblightd_r416 and changed boblight.conf to match my setup (i.e. number of channels and light numbering). I'm able to run the daemon and have it connect successfully, but usually nothing happens when I run XBMC. The add-on and the binary files have all been downloaded. Sometimes, the lights will work for several seconds. but they do not match what is on the screen and they update very slowly (every second or so).

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Update 10/19: Fixed problem, did not have g++ installed correctly.
xbmc.log with debugging turned on - needed.
Hi,

ich hab leider nicht die Zeit mir alle 38 Seiten deines Threads von dem Boblight-release-threads durchzulesen, daher wollte ich dich etwas persönlich fragen.
Da ich mich mit dem programmieren nicht auskenne, kannst du mir das vllt. beantworten.

[undefined=undefined]Gibt es die Möglichkeit dein Boblight4Xbmc-Addon so zu modifizieren das es als diekter Windows(7)-Grabber funktionieren könnte? So ähnlich wie AtmoWin?[/undefined]

Ich nutze zwar im Moment Atmowin, hatte aber mal kurz die Möglichkeit auf Boblight umzusteigen und war begeistert. Boblight ist AtmoWin in allen Belangen überlegen.

Die einzelnen Einstellungsmöglichkeiten und auch die Farbtreuheit sind bei Boblight auf einem viel höheren Niveau.

Aber leider finde ich nirgens im Web einen direkten Grabber für Windows. Vllt. kannst du mich da aufklären, ob sowas geht.

mfg, Lets Rock.

• 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3