• 32(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
I did a clean install of XBMC and the add-on after uninstallling them first (compleet!) I have no other conclussion that since your update there's something wrong with this add-on and far from stable.
Well you being so gracious about it makes it such a pleasure to help you.

Try enabling touch controls in settings - I think that might be it, all my testing is with touch turned on at the moment....

But give me a log and I will help you, otherwise....good luck.

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Ok I think I know what the issue is anyway. For some reason the XSqueezeCommon module hasn't been updated in he repo....

I have pushed a fix. For the most part it is fund on my Windows, Mac installs. I am getting the odd crash on exit on Openelec, will look into that, it's probably some interrelationship with the artist slideshow....

OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
(2012-10-19, 23:57)bossanova808 Wrote: Well you being so gracious about it makes it such a pleasure to help you.

Try enabling touch controls in settings - I think that might be it, all my testing is with touch turned on at the moment....

But give me a log and I will help you, otherwise....good luck.

Doesn't work, but gives some extra nice control that works fine with my Logitech Dinova Mini. Still the frames are all empty. Also the same when using SqueezePlay. Didn't had the time to create a log. (Working on it) Is it possible / easy to have the RSS-feed under the frames? Would look nice. Waiting for the up-date....

Thx.

(2012-10-20, 00:14)bossanova808 Wrote: Ok I think I know what the issue is anyway. For some reason the XSqueezeCommon module hasn't been updated in he repo....

I have pushed a fix. For the most part it is fund on my Windows, Mac installs. I am getting the odd crash on exit on Openelec, will look into that, it's probably some interrelationship with the artist slideshow....

Great!

That did it!

I've got the crash on exit issue too and there are many other problems. When it would be fixed and cleaned-up a little it would be a great app for just showing a big screen Squeezebox info-screen for in a cafe by example. I use it with 20.000 tracks in LMS and at home it's on the whole day.
So why don't you get off your arse and fix it then > be a lot more useful than whining and providing absolutely no info to help.
@bossanova808, how about some sorta good news?
If you remember or not I had reported that the 0.7.1 update starting causing XSqueeze to stop displaying all the now playing info, but I didn't mention that the 0.7.6. update had caused no info to be displayed at all. Well I decided to see if I could track down any info I could to help resolved the problem.

I started out with no luck, but finally I decided that maybe it could be the skin I am using with all the major changes going on in the back end of xbmc in the latest nightlies. So I changed back to Confluence, re-ran XSqueeze, it gave me the changes screen, exited out, went back into XSqueeze and everything was showing up like it should again. Exited back out, changed back over to the Transparency skin that I normally used, everything still working. Closed out of xbmc, restarted xbmc & XSqueeze a couple more times, so far so good.
(2012-10-21, 11:32)bossanova808 Wrote: So why don't you get off your arse and fix it then > be a lot more useful than whining and providing absolutely no info to help.

There must be something wrong with you... Excuse me, but you lost me on this.
@lordashram

Yeah the back end is quite a mess from the addons perspective (that's I think why some of the touch textures aren't working...) - anyway, if it gave you the changes screen, that only happens with a new version, 0.7.6 currently, so I think that might be coincidence but I am glad you're going again.

There's a lot of XBMC caching stuff going on that will potentially affect textures and labels etc. that's otu of my control - I am basically waiting for Frodo to settle a bit before I look into it further as right now the debug logging is insanely long for even simple things and it's hard to get a real sense of where issues lie.

(this is probably dropje's problem but he's being a tool about it and can't even muster up a debug log so honestly....can't be bothered).
Thanks a lot for this addon.

I've some troubles with the interface, it is too much rustic for me Tongue are you planning to get some visual interface for menus?

Also if I don't have touch controls ON, xbmc freeze when I exit xsqueeze.
The interface won't really change unless someone cares to take over/help me. It's all just a hack to allow for some syncing with existing systems and I can't be bothered doing anything than using the provided interface....to do more would involve a LOT more work and i don't have the time.

The freeze on exit is without touch is wierd, it doesn't do that for me. It DOES crash on exit with OE but not Windows.

Basically, though, I'm just waiting till Frodo gets a bit more stable (and I have a bit more time) and I will look at cleaning things up...probably in December, I can't see me having much time before then as work is a bit mad.
Bossanova808 -

Here is a thread you may be interested in : http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread...alsa-only)

According to the creator, in post #24 :

Quote:Its intended to provide a squeezeslave like player which performs more closely to squeezeplay/recent players than squeezeslave does. Specific differences:
- supports high res sample rates (88/96/176/192k)
- supports direct streaming which means the remote stream is played directly via the player rather than proxied by the server - this enables my spotify plugin to work
- support of alsa output in the format used by usb hifi dacs
- potentially improved sync

This might be something to keep an eye on.... it may be a better option for use with Linux, Openelec, and the Raspberry Pi...

Yeah that looks interesting for sure. Will look into it when I have some time. Now that we've hit beta I hope to start doing some XSqueeze cleanup in prep & finish off touch etc. It's just been too messy to work with lately, and I've been too busy!!
Ok pushed 0.8 - beginning to cleanup touch support, and now suspends the xbmc AudioEngine on start so does not matter if xbmc locks your audio device anymore. I.e. e.g. on Windows using Wasapi for HD audio is ok now.

Plan is to clean up touch, maybe look at that Squeezelite thing, release a tidy v1 and then, given I am not really using squeeze stuff any more, I will let this project go and hopefully someone takes it over.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3