• 90(current)
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth
(2012-10-19, 12:27)Ayla Wrote:
(2012-10-19, 09:53)janbar Wrote:
(2012-10-19, 09:33)rsennewald Wrote: I'm also noticing that after watching a show for a couple of minutes (sometimes up to 20 minutes), I'll eventually see Buffering 0% and it will never recover (sometimes it will go up to 2%, but never recover). Eventually the show will stop and I'll go back to the listings. I've tried upgrading my myth back end (i'm currently on the latest 0.25 fixes), I've tried upgrading to the latest cfetzer build and I'm seeing this on both my ubuntu machine and windows machine. I've looked at xbmc.log but there's a lot of stuff in there, so it's hard for me to tell what's pertinent to what I'm experiencing. Has anyone else seen anything like this before? I don't see anything on my MythTV server's logs in regards to any problems, so I'm guessing this is a problem with the plugin.
Hi,
Sometimes i have the same thing but only with mythtv 0.25. With 0.26 never seen yet. In the log of mythbackend you see a socket disconnected. Since few weeks ago i think about to code a workaround in the addon. Today i don't known yet if it is a mythtv issue or over. But sure in the addon we never close the socket. The workaround is simple but i need few time to check impact.
Br

janbar, I see something similar; I'm using the latest mythtv .24 (because 0.25 doesn't work properly with my hdhomerun, all channels lag/show glitches). There are no errors in the mythbackend log.

Here is my xbmc.log with debug for the mythpvr addon enabled, I copied it right after Live TV playback slowed down.

http://ge.tt/81h2WoP/v/0?c

Can you see anything in the log that indicates what the error might be?

Thanks

Thanks, i get it
Does anybody have experience using the addon with Openelec on raspberry pi? I tried to install a standard build on my raspberry pi, but it will not start and throws an error.

/Strebel
(2012-10-18, 06:42)Aubrien Wrote:
(2012-10-08, 13:49)janbar Wrote:
(2012-10-08, 09:03)dteirney Wrote: Rather than a hard-coded 5 second delay could you look at doing something more like was done in one of my branches. Unfortunately still not cleaned up and ready for PR to upstream libcmyth. https://github.com/dteirney/xbmc/commit/...96ecac88b2

That commit also has the fix for the LiveTV locking problem as well.

@dteirney: I read your commit. It is a way. But i think we must to find a solution without use backend's database at least for liveTV. Would not be better to use only Mythtv protocol ?

Though I agree that we should use mythtv protocol, I also noticed that with this fix it does something else different. It prevents playback from starting too early vs starting it early and writing code to cope with the lack of data. Any chance of preventing playback from starting early like in dtierny's branch but doing it using mythtv protocol? And what about 0.26...would it provide any additional mythtv protocol features that may help with this since you are working on 0.26 support already?

Hi aubrien

I have read your log few days ago and now my brain is warm and it can starts like an old bike. In log i seen the Spawn at 37:35, then only one time i seen the message "SpawnLiveTV - : Delay channel switch". So the chain was updated by backend normally at 37:38. And then the stream was coming up at 37:43 ( 8 secs after spawn "only" ) and finally the video playback start at 38:15. The transfer rate was ~ 5 Mbits/s during 32 sec (16MBytes downloaded) without playback !!! I don't understand why the playback spawn so late. Can you help me please ?
(2012-10-19, 14:30)Ayla Wrote:
(2012-10-18, 01:22)janbar Wrote: Someone to test pre addon for 0.26 ?

I merged my master with beta addon for 0.26: git://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons.git

Let me know if it seems good. Thanks at all

janbar: I installed the latest MythBuntu and latest 0.26-fixes, and I compiled your addon from git://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons.git

It seems to work fine, I can connect to the backend and watch Live TV Smile

I'm only starting to test it, but so far everything looks fine.

I hope you'll merge it with the main cfetzer branch soon.

Thanks,
Martin

Great. Let me know if timer run as required. Thanks
(2012-10-10, 22:07)cfetzer Wrote: @kburkart: Yes that should work. If you clone the addon into xbmc/pvr-addons then the xbmc build will automatically trigger the addon build.

How can I do that? I dont see a 'xbmc/pvr-addons' folder.... did you mean 'xbmc/pvr/addons'?

Would I put the 'xbmc-pvr-addons' folder in this folder? or just the contents?

Thanks, I have been using tsp's repos for awhile now, its been ok, but crashes or refuses to work now and again

EDIT:
Well I tried putting the folder xbmc-pvr-addons in 'xbmc/pvr-addons', and it didnt compile, then I tried just putting the contents of xbmc-pvr-addons in 'xbmc/pvr-addons' and still nothing
(2012-10-19, 23:45)cstrebel Wrote: Does anybody have experience using the addon with Openelec on raspberry pi? I tried to install a standard build on my raspberry pi, but it will not start and throws an error.

/Strebel

Not sure what build you downloaded but I got mine to work using this guide: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...spberry_Pi

The only bad part is the myth addon is not part of this build. It seems like they only have addons that are part of the "official repo" - maybe once this addon gets accepted it will be in there?

In the meantime if anyone has an rpi version of the myth addon I'd like to test it.

I have also try this one,

LiveTV
Playback of recordings (incl. marking recordings as watched on the backend + setting/reading last playback position + recording images support)
Basic support for timers
Transifex localization
It works well.
c420 did you reconfigure after you copied the contents into pvr-addons?

should see "PVR add-ons: Yes" if it worked.

also does anyone else compile in vmware?, i do this as it faster to compile on my desktop machine than my poor htpc.
found i can't test in vmware anymore.

root@ubuntu:~/xbmc-git-pvr# ./xbmc.bin
Running DIL (3.22.0) Version
DtsDeviceOpen: Opening HW in mode 0
DtsDeviceOpen: Create File Failed
LLVM ERROR: Program used external function '' which could not be resolved!
pure virtual method called
terminate called without an active exception
Aborted (core dumped)

anyone else had this?
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
This morning I noticed the following interesting thing... My backend was recording a normal show and I was watching a show outside of the PVR app in the normal XBMC fashion. When my backend finished the recording I got the typical PVR Information box telling me the recording had finished but then all of a sudden I received more PVR Information boxes telling me about older shows being deleted. The reported shows were not in my to be deleted bucket in mythtv nor were they old recordings I have not watched yet. I've seen this in the past but never had time to report it until today. I am running the latest PVR compile from cfetzer and running Mythtv 0.25+fixes on ubuntu. Any ideas?
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
(2012-10-20, 15:39)pyrodex Wrote: This morning I noticed the following interesting thing... My backend was recording a normal show and I was watching a show outside of the PVR app in the normal XBMC fashion. When my backend finished the recording I got the typical PVR Information box telling me the recording had finished but then all of a sudden I received more PVR Information boxes telling me about older shows being deleted. The reported shows were not in my to be deleted bucket in mythtv nor were they old recordings I have not watched yet. I've seen this in the past but never had time to report it until today. I am running the latest PVR compile from cfetzer and running Mythtv 0.25+fixes on ubuntu. Any ideas?

Yes, I have seen this although not very often. I think it has something to do with the myth scheduling process updating itself for the next recording when one finishes. It runs through all the schedules and this could trigger notifications - even if they don't appear to make any sense. I'm not exactly sure what the notifications part of the addon is watching for from the backend so more details on that might help narrow down why these are showing up. It has never affected the scheduled recordings or anything, just kind of weird.
0.26 addon working for me janbar except for setting a timer (not a problem for me as i always use mythweb)

EDIT: shortly after posting it started recording and set a timer, so it works but was delayed for some reason.
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
(2012-10-20, 17:02)robweber Wrote:
(2012-10-20, 15:39)pyrodex Wrote: This morning I noticed the following interesting thing... My backend was recording a normal show and I was watching a show outside of the PVR app in the normal XBMC fashion. When my backend finished the recording I got the typical PVR Information box telling me the recording had finished but then all of a sudden I received more PVR Information boxes telling me about older shows being deleted. The reported shows were not in my to be deleted bucket in mythtv nor were they old recordings I have not watched yet. I've seen this in the past but never had time to report it until today. I am running the latest PVR compile from cfetzer and running Mythtv 0.25+fixes on ubuntu. Any ideas?

Yes, I have seen this although not very often. I think it has something to do with the myth scheduling process updating itself for the next recording when one finishes. It runs through all the schedules and this could trigger notifications - even if they don't appear to make any sense. I'm not exactly sure what the notifications part of the addon is watching for from the backend so more details on that might help narrow down why these are showing up. It has never affected the scheduled recordings or anything, just kind of weird.

It doesn't affect me just didn't know if there was a way to suppress those as to not confuse people because there are phrases like "delete" in there which could cause false concern.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
(2012-10-20, 00:22)janbar Wrote:
(2012-10-18, 06:42)Aubrien Wrote:
(2012-10-08, 13:49)janbar Wrote: @dteirney: I read your commit. It is a way. But i think we must to find a solution without use backend's database at least for liveTV. Would not be better to use only Mythtv protocol ?

Though I agree that we should use mythtv protocol, I also noticed that with this fix it does something else different. It prevents playback from starting too early vs starting it early and writing code to cope with the lack of data. Any chance of preventing playback from starting early like in dtierny's branch but doing it using mythtv protocol? And what about 0.26...would it provide any additional mythtv protocol features that may help with this since you are working on 0.26 support already?

Hi aubrien

I have read your log few days ago and now my brain is warm and it can starts like an old bike. In log i seen the Spawn at 37:35, then only one time i seen the message "SpawnLiveTV - : Delay channel switch". So the chain was updated by backend normally at 37:38. And then the stream was coming up at 37:43 ( 8 secs after spawn "only" ) and finally the video playback start at 38:15. The transfer rate was ~ 5 Mbits/s during 32 sec (16MBytes downloaded) without playback !!! I don't understand why the playback spawn so late. Can you help me please ?

I think that once you hit a "Read 0 Bytes!" then this is what happens. It will eventually playback unless it reads 0 bytes 150 times but it doesn't like reading 0 bytes very much for some reason. It stalls real bad and has a hard time recovering. The approach I took and I got working a few weeks back was preventing the live tv read from reading 0 bytes at all. I bet using your new livetvwatch flag we could do something to prevent this. Having it read 0 bytes just doesn't really work for some reason. Another option is to find out why it doesn't like reading 0 bytes but it is probably just easier to prevent that condition somehow. Hopefully this helps.

I actually had 11 second tunes every single time using this method and that is good for my setup. I'm just not the best with c++ so my code sucked lol. I posted it a few pages back but I know we can come of with something better using the new events. Also, since reading 0 bytes is so bad we should probably just stop playback if that happens instead of letting it do it 150 times before stopping. Any way to change it to 1 time? Then the wait for data can come before the read and if data doesn't come for a period of time (30s or something) let it just read 0 bytes one time so it stops playback.
(2012-10-20, 03:39)robweber Wrote:
(2012-10-19, 23:45)cstrebel Wrote: Does anybody have experience using the addon with Openelec on raspberry pi? I tried to install a standard build on my raspberry pi, but it will not start and throws an error.

/Strebel

Not sure what build you downloaded but I got mine to work using this guide: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...spberry_Pi

The only bad part is the myth addon is not part of this build. It seems like they only have addons that are part of the "official repo" - maybe once this addon gets accepted it will be in there?

In the meantime if anyone has an rpi version of the myth addon I'd like to test it.

Openelec is working just fine on my RPi. I was referring to how the addon would work if it was installed inside xbmc as a .zip file.

/Strebel
today's janbar pvr.mythtv.cmyth-linux zip installer fails on account of "Add-on does not have the correct structure".

However, after installing 0.4.0 pvr.mythtv.cmyth addon, and then copying the janbar over the existing plugin, I now have 0.26 mythtv support. (?!)
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth8