• 1(current)
Android Design Concept for next level of the remote
First let me just say none of this is real and working yet!

These are just some design concepts that I have done in Photoshop in order to flesh out what a more modern ICS, Jellybean version of the "Official XBMC remote" may look like in the next major revision of it. There is no guarantee that it will look or work like this in the future but I can only hope Smile
Freezy has expressed interest in coding it up for me as I know nothing about coding for android but first he needs to make the current remote work on Frodo since a complete redesign of the remote like this would take more time than we currently have with Frodo coming.

That being said I would prefer that any of you other android devs out there not use these concepts to actually make a remote control of your own until it has been made official that TeamXBMC won't be doing it themselves in which case I will look for a qualified dev to help me make it a reality. Thanks for understanding

Looks great Jezz_X! It would be a very nice visual upgrade to the current iteration. I hope that the team is able to make it happen!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
It is just beautiful!
Excellent work Jezz_X. These mock-ups are awesome.
As far as I know the only working frodo-android-remote is Tolriq´s Yatse.
Maybe Freezy,Tolriq and you could team up on this.
Looks like I need such a tablet thingy after all Cool
Thanks guys here are a couple more scale comparisons between the different sizes so you can get an idea of how it feels between devices

7 inch VS Phone

10 inch VS Phone
Hum just to avoid future problems Smile

But some some of those part where already more or less planned in Yatse 3.0 due to HtpcGuy work started months ago Smile
(2012-10-21, 10:20)Tolriq Wrote: Hum just to avoid future problems Smile

But some some of those part where already more or less planned in Yatse 3.0 due to HtpcGuy work started months ago Smile

Hah yeah I'm not saying I own the holo style since a lot of the "features/gestures" are android standards, I just mean the overall layout because I checked out most of the other remotes and none came close
Lol of course since I do wall view since long I can't say stop wall view :p :p :p

BTW the pure remote screen looks very good Smile if one day you have nothing to do this may stop the Yatse current Skin crisis :p
Yeah the idea behind it is the app will have 2 modes that could kind of really be 2 apps, one is the "Remote" mode and the other is the "Media" mode.
Remote mode has all the stuff you need for media thats currently playing on the xbmc box like, The Remote control, the info for the currently playing item and the currently playing playlist. While Media Mode is basically a media browser that will mirror the shares/library on the XBMC box and let you browse it and queue it and play it and you quick switch between the 2 with the always there buttons in the "action bar"

Since I'm not against some competition to motivate me just a little thing you should add in library mode :
- Search

I don't see it in your mockups and this is something highly used in Yatse.
Lots of things not in the mockups I couldn't draw it all Smile but quite a few extra commands will be in the drop down menu (the 3 dots)
I already spent way too much time drawing and thinking out the design and how it works together (at least a month worth) that it got to the point where I actually need to get a firm commitment on a actual working product before I went crazy
Go crazy...... Smile Smile Smile
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Looks beautiful Smile hope to see this soon in the official app
Linux Mint: XBMC PVR Xvba
HTPC: AMD Fusion A8-3870k. ASRock A75 Pro4-M. 4GB DDR3. Intel 320 SSD 40GB . Silverstone ML03
(2012-10-21, 15:20)DDDamian Wrote: Go crazy...... Smile Smile Smile

Oh yeah, go crazy.

I love Tolriq's remote in terms of functionality and developer support.

And I love these mockups.

Combine them and you'll have all the ios fans drooling Tongue
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Design Concept for next level of the remote5