• 37(current)
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated)
Will this patch be merged into 12.0 final?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2012-10-14, 01:13)Livin Wrote: Will this patch be merged into 12.0 final?

no
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'd like to start playing with the PVR support in the mainline but I really need the dual audio output support. Would it be possible to supply a patch file so that I can apply this to future code?

Thx,
Devan
(2012-10-14, 01:16)Martijn Wrote:

no
Although that's definitely true, it's also likely that several of us will try to reproduce similar dual audio functionality via a patch for Frodo once it's released. That will be a substantially different patch to the current one because of the large amout of change in this area. It's also likely to take us quite a while!

Paul

(2012-10-22, 04:17)devanl Wrote: I'd like to start playing with the PVR support in the mainline but I really need the dual audio output support. Would it be possible to supply a patch file so that I can apply this to future code?

Thx,
Devan
Hi Devan

My version of the patch file can be found here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4002644/xbmc.ed...udio.patch

Good luck!

Paul
New guy here.....I am sure this is what I am looking for as I want to play sound from my computer speakers and my tv(HDMI) at the same time. I just don't have a clue how to install a (this) patch. I am using Eden with Aeon Nox skin on a windows 7 machine....

Thanks in advance
(2012-10-29, 00:59)cormad Wrote: New guy here.....I am sure this is what I am looking for as I want to play sound from my computer speakers and my tv(HDMI) at the same time. I just don't have a clue how to install a (this) patch. I am using Eden with Aeon Nox skin on a windows 7 machine....

Thanks in advance

Follow the wiki on how to compile from source and use patch above your post or use mine patch Wink

[/quote]

Follow the wiki on how to compile from source and use patch above your post or use mine patch Wink
[/quote]

Sorry to be Naive....where can I find that on Wiki? I looked under the XBMC wiki and couldn't find it. I don't like asking for simple help but am stuck Sad
Ok...found the wiki.

Definitely beyond my scope I think unless someone has simplified instructions or youtube video.

Help please!
cormad,
If you're on Windows 7 you should be able to download and use the binary linked from the first post in this thread - just overwrite your existing xbmc.exe, which is probably somewhere like c:\program files\xbmc

paul
(2012-10-23, 13:36)PaulCarter Wrote:
(2012-10-14, 01:16)Martijn Wrote:

no
Although that's definitely true, it's also likely that several of us will try to reproduce similar dual audio functionality via a patch for Frodo once it's released. That will be a substantially different patch to the current one because of the large amout of change in this area. It's also likely to take us quite a while!

Paul

(2012-10-22, 04:17)devanl Wrote: I'd like to start playing with the PVR support in the mainline but I really need the dual audio output support. Would it be possible to supply a patch file so that I can apply this to future code?

Thx,
Devan
Hi Devan

My version of the patch file can be found here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4002644/xbmc.ed...udio.patch

Good luck!

Paul

Thanks Paul, I'll let you know how it goes.
Devan
So I have successfully patched my XBMC in Linux (OpenELEC) and am hearing 7.1 over HDMI and 2.0 over analog - kudos on this patch!

Question - I do not get any menu sounds on my 2.0 analog feed. I'm sure this must just be a configuration file asound.conf or something. I searched the forums and see that others have experienced this but no answers posted that I could find. Anyone have tips to help me figure this out?

Cheers!
With OpenELEC you don't need a patched version to get HDMI and analog. This asound.conf did it for me.

Code:
pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave.pcm multi
    ttable.0.0 1.0
    ttable.1.1 1.0
    ttable.0.2 1.0
    ttable.1.3 1.0
}

pcm.multi {
    type multi
    slaves.a.pcm "front"
    slaves.a.channels 2
    slaves.b.pcm "hdmi"
    slaves.b.channels 2
    bindings.0.slave a
    bindings.0.channel 0
    bindings.1.slave a
    bindings.1.channel 1
    bindings.2.slave b
    bindings.2.channel 0
    bindings.3.slave b
    bindings.3.channel 1
}

Select the audio device called "default".
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
(2012-10-31, 14:19)Leopold Wrote: With OpenELEC you don't need a patched version to get HDMI and analog. This asound.conf did it for me.

Code:
pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave.pcm multi
    ttable.0.0 1.0
    ttable.1.1 1.0
    ttable.0.2 1.0
    ttable.1.3 1.0
}

pcm.multi {
    type multi
    slaves.a.pcm "front"
    slaves.a.channels 2
    slaves.b.pcm "hdmi"
    slaves.b.channels 2
    bindings.0.slave a
    bindings.0.channel 0
    bindings.1.slave a
    bindings.1.channel 1
    bindings.2.slave b
    bindings.2.channel 0
    bindings.3.slave b
    bindings.3.channel 1
}

Select the audio device called "default".

I believe you do if you want 7.1 or 5.1 digital HDMI and simultaneous 2.0 analog as I require. I have tested many configurations like the one above and have never been able to achieve that until this patch. I could only get simultaneous 2.0 on both HDMI and analog to work. Please correct me if I am wrong.
(2012-10-31, 13:25)lallhands Wrote: So I have successfully patched my XBMC in Linux (OpenELEC) and am hearing 7.1 over HDMI and 2.0 over analog - kudos on this patch!

Question - I do not get any menu sounds on my 2.0 analog feed. I'm sure this must just be a configuration file asound.conf or something. I searched the forums and see that others have experienced this but no answers posted that I could find. Anyone have tips to help me figure this out?

Cheers!

2 questions:

1/ What setup do you have? (XBMC hardware, I mean)
2/ Mind sharing your patched version? Or do you think its easier for us to roll our own patched version? While I have quite a bit of linux compiling experience I'm hesitant to dive in since it would effectively sign me out of auto-updates etc etc..

-M
System: Kodi on NVidia Shield 2015
Video: Panasonic AE3000 Projector / Samsung 46" LCD
Audio: Quad 2912 on Nord DM500Up with Marantz 7010 receiver.
I *love* this patch. Is there any chance it could be folded into the main build?
I can't upgrade to Frodo until its done.
The only issue I have is that there is a time difference between the two outputs, so that when listening through my hifi I have to add a small amount of delay to the audio as compared to sound through the TV. Would be really nice to have two sets of delay parameters when watching as movie...
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated)18