• 16(current)
ANTEC ISK300-65's hidden PSU Spec
The finishing touch. Added a screw to hold the fan speed switch in place. You can also see that it still works great with the VESA mount. I'm really pleased. Big Grin

Very cool mod drfish can't wait to see your temps and all....
I hope its "cool" - I'm eager to see them myself. Smile I ordered the Coolmaster GeminII M4 today so I can get some more precise measurements of how/if things will fit. Still waiting to order the CPU/mobo until a few more retailers have miniITX FM2 boards in stock...
(2012-10-23, 16:32)drfish Wrote: I hope its "cool" - I'm eager to see them myself. Smile I ordered the Coolmaster GeminII M4 today so I can get some more precise measurements of how/if things will fit. Still waiting to order the CPU/mobo until a few more retailers have miniITX FM2 boards in stock...

I have my M350 case inside a cabinet now and I adapted a fan too....

and here I installed the filter.... lol Big Grin

Nice! Like your choice of keyboard too! I've got an Arc and a M570 for couch use. Big Grin
Woohoo! I just ordered my motherboard from Superbiiz - should have it this week. I've actually ordered a few things from Superbiiz before when no one else had them so I'm glad they came through for me again. As far as I can tell they are the only place that has them domestically. Now I just hope it turns out to be a decent board. Wink

Edit: BTW I preemptively ordered a 4-pin CPU power extension cable because the location of the plug on the board looks too far for the ISK 110's cable to reach.
Yeah, I knew it was there but NCIX told me they should have it back in stock tomorrow. I ordered it a week ago. Superbiiz is no options for me in Canada hehe, simply insane shipping fees.

USPS Global Express Guaranteed $88.26
UPS Worldwide Express $69.31
USPS Express Mail International $58.48
UPS Worldwide Saver $44.74
UPS Worldwide Expedited $42.39
Yow... Hope they get it in stock soon. I am so glad I didn't order one from Hong Kong last week, I was this close...
(2012-10-29, 14:33)drfish Wrote: Woohoo! I just ordered my motherboard from Superbiiz - should have it this week. I've actually ordered a few things from Superbiiz before when no one else had them so I'm glad they came through for me again. As far as I can tell they are the only place that has them domestically. Now I just hope it turns out to be a decent board. Wink
I ordered a lot of things from them, and they are very reliable seller....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Well I changed my order to NewEgg because even though I ordered my board in the early AM yesterday it was still in order processing status with Superbiiz this morning. Sad I was pretty disappointed because in the past Superbiiz has been a place that has surprised me with an overnight delivery when I was expecting just ground shipping...
Not going to report my entire update here but suffice it to say that I had some successes and failures... Bottom line is that everything fits together as I had hoped but my temps suck and I think its because there's no air gap between my heatsink and my fan mod so there's a big dead zone for airflow right where it really needs to be...

(2012-11-02, 16:06)drfish Wrote: Not going to report my entire update here but suffice it to say that I had some successes and failures... Bottom line is that everything fits together as I had hoped but my temps suck and I think its because there's no air gap between my heatsink and my fan mod so there's a big dead zone for airflow right where it really needs to be...

Drfish, one question: is the included in your Antec case 90W PSU enough for your A10-5700 build?

It looks like my A10-5700 and ASRock FM2 mini-ITX motherboard are due to arrive on Wednesday! Very exciting!

A10-PACK!
(2012-11-05, 16:18)szulik Wrote: Drfish, one question: is the included in your Antec case 90W PSU enough for your A10-5700 build?

So far it hasn't been a problem. However I only just wrapped up the build last night and I've only run the CPU under load so far. Once I find my Kill-A-Watt I'll test w/ Prime and Furmark and see what happens. Based on similar builds I think it should be fine (hoping for <80w).

I'll leave the rest of the pics in the thread at TR but this one shows off the little bit of magic that made the whole thing work, a 7mm rubber spacer and my custom 20mil HDPE shroud that forces all the air through the heatsink. CPU load only the temps are 40C with fan on high, 46C with fan on low. Smile

Cool mod, but wouldn´t it be easier to cut through the mesh and use a [insert cooler of choice here] and then add a Silverstone grille to the fan?

I know by your posts that you don´t want it simple but in general that would be a feasible option Smile I was thinking a Big shuriken with a Noctua fan and that grille.

Props for testing!
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ANTEC ISK300-65's hidden PSU Spec5