• 80(current)
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
Getting error in XBMC 'External player Active' and movie won't start !
TMT5 crashed just before on same movie!
Some advice plz!

Ty
(2012-10-25, 23:58)siamsquare Wrote: Getting error in XBMC 'External player Active' and movie won't start !
Some advice plz!

Ty
Can your HTPC playback movie using TMT5 by itself? Can you post your playercorefactory codes in here?

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hey bluray,

Hope you have seen this before and can help.

I am using Windows 7 64bit, XBMC frodo (so I could get Live TV working), anydvd hd, virtual clonedrive, and powerdvd12. I used your files posted in the first post with some changes you posted throughout this thread. With XBMC running, I place the bluray disc in the optical drive, get the anydvd hd pop-up box while it checks the disc, and then the Play Disc menu option apears on the menu. When I click on it, I hear the disc spin up, XBMC does not close and powerdvd12 does not open but instead the movie starts up in XBMC. I have no ability to access the disc menu. When I check what is running with task manager, the only program that shows is XBMC.

Here are the playercorefactory file, Play BDMV file, PlayISO file, and the PlayDisc file. I want the bluray to play thru powerdvd12 with menu support. What am I doing wrong? I also want to eventually be able to play 3D files and discs but haven't thought about working on that until I get this working. Any suggestions on that also would be a plus. Thanks in advance for any help you can give....Rick

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC - Great Room\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"/fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

</player>
<Player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC - Great Room\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC - Great Room\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<rule filetypes=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*avi.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<rule name="Blu-Ray" filename="E:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Disc_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayDisc

@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" E:

PlayBDMV

@echo off

set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" %pth% exit

PlayISO

@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" E:
(2012-10-26, 04:42)bluray Wrote:
(2012-10-25, 23:58)siamsquare Wrote: Getting error in XBMC 'External player Active' and movie won't start !
Some advice plz!

Ty
Can your HTPC playback movie using TMT5 by itself? Can you post your playercorefactory codes in here?

Think I found it, forgot to edit the Playiso.bat file when I moved config files to my HTPC from my test PC! Wrong drive letter!
Will test this evening
@Maiisoh,
Since PDVD12 don't work very well with BDMV file as I stated several times, you might want to try the playercorefactory rule below instead and make sure that your BD-ROM drive is correct in PlayBisc.bat file. The VCD drive and BD-ROM drive cannot be the same as shown in your PlayDisc and PlayISO files.

<rule protocols="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>

(2012-10-26, 11:13)siamsquare Wrote:
(2012-10-26, 04:42)bluray Wrote:
Some advice plz!

Ty

Think I found it, forgot to edit the Playiso.bat file when I moved config files to my HTPC from my test PC! Wrong drive letter!
Will test this evening
I'm glad that you figured it out, and I hope that everything works well for you.....Nod

(2012-10-26, 17:23)bluray Wrote: @Maiisoh,
Since PDVD12 don't work very well with BDMV file as I stated several times, you might want to try the playercorefactory rule below instead and make sure that your BD-ROM drive is correct in PlayBisc.bat file. The VCD drive and BD-ROM drive cannot be the same as shown in your PlayDisc and PlayISO files.

bluray thanks for the responce. Please bear with me as this coding is really new to me and confusing. In my playercorefactory file I added your rule and deletedthe other BluRay rules. I hope this is what you meant. I also changed the PlayDisc bat file to point to D drive which is the bd-rom drive instead of E which is the VCD drive. I replaced these files in userdata and gave it a try. Same thing, then I selected Play Disc, the movie started up in xbmc not powerDVD12. Do I have anything else wrong with the playercorefactory file. Thanks

(2012-10-26, 11:13)siamsquare Wrote:
(2012-10-26, 04:42)bluray Wrote: Can your HTPC playback movie using TMT5 by itself? Can you post your playercorefactory codes in here?

Will test this evening
I'm glad that you figured it out, and I hope that everything works well for you.....Nod

Nope,just tested and still get message external player active! Also when I manually select a 3D Bluray for testing TMT starts up and plays in 3D but my 3D projector doesn't respond to the 3D signal neither when set to manual!
So am stuck! Using both HDMI 1.4 cables between HTPC-Receiver-Projector.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
</player>
<filename>C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
</player>
<filename>C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filenames="iso" filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filenames="bdmv" filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filenames="m2ts" filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filenames="mkv" filetypes="mkv" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray AVI -->
<rule filenames="avi" filetypes="avi" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filenames="ts" filetypes="ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filenames="BD" name="F:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" F:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

(2012-10-26, 18:22)Maiisoh Wrote:

bluray thanks for the responce. Please bear with me as this coding is really new to me and confusing. In my playercorefactory file I added your rule and deletedthe other BluRay rules. I hope this is what you meant. I also changed the PlayDisc bat file to point to D drive which is the bd-rom drive instead of E which is the VCD drive. I replaced these files in userdata and gave it a try. Same thing, then I selected Play Disc, the movie started up in xbmc not powerDVD12. Do I have anything else wrong with the playercorefactory file. Thanks
The rules I suggested works fine with TMT5 and PDVD11. Unfortunately, I don't have PDVD12 to try out for you. I hope that somebody with PDVD12 can help you on it....

(2012-10-26, 18:36)siamsquare Wrote: Nope,just tested and still get message external player active!
Since you are sharing Apps (XBMC+TMT5), you need to enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/video output

(2012-10-26, 18:36)siamsquare Wrote: Also when I manually select a 3D Bluray for testing TMT starts up and plays in 3D but my 3D projector doesn't respond to the 3D signal neither when set to manual!
You can check out these links for tips on 3d- http://www.arcsoft.com/topics/media-play...ay-3d.html and http://www.arcsoft.com/totalmedia-theatr...nment.html

(2012-10-26, 18:36)siamsquare Wrote: @echo off

For PlayISO.bat, you can use the code below instead....

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uLaunchTMT5.exe" F:

Bluray thanks...I did have it working properly with TMT5 but was not able to get TMT5 to output 7.1 HD audio. The best I could get was 5.1 PCM. If it does have the ability, maybe someone can tell me how to get it set up. Thanks
(2012-10-26, 23:23)Maiisoh Wrote: Bluray thanks...I did have it working properly with TMT5 but was not able to get TMT5 to output 7.1 HD audio. The best I could get was 5.1 PCM. If it does have the ability, maybe someone can tell me how to get it set up. Thanks
Have you select 7.1 in Windows 7 control panel Audio Channels? Have you select HDMI as shown in my screen shot below?

You can verify the audio file with this- MediaInfo

(2012-10-26, 21:57)bluray Wrote:
(2012-10-26, 18:22)Maiisoh Wrote:

The rules I suggested works fine with TMT5 and PDVD11. Unfortunately, I don't have PDVD12 to try out for you. I hope that somebody with PDVD12 can help you on it....

(2012-10-26, 18:36)siamsquare Wrote: Nope,just tested and still get message external player active!
Since you are sharing Apps (XBMC+TMT5), you need to enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/video output

(2012-10-26, 18:36)siamsquare Wrote: Also when I manually select a 3D Bluray for testing TMT starts up and plays in 3D but my 3D projector doesn't respond to the 3D signal neither when set to manual!
You can check out these links for tips on 3d- http://www.arcsoft.com/topics/media-play...ay-3d.html and http://www.arcsoft.com/totalmedia-theatr...nment.html

(2012-10-26, 18:36)siamsquare Wrote: @echo off

For PlayISO.bat, you can use the code below instead....

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uLaunchTMT5.exe" F:

So I managed to get the external player working again using your advice Bluray, only thing still not working is 3D on my Epson TW-9000 3D projector! Gonna have to look further!
bluray,
OK, I gave up for now on PDVD12 and am now using TMT5. Got 7.1 HD audio to work. I am using your playercorefactory file from page 1 which I listed below. It works like it is supposed to with BluRays. When I play a DVD, it does not go to TMT5 but plays thru XBMC. Please show me what changes I need to make in the playercorefactory file to make this happen.
Thanks

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC - Great Room\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC - Great Room\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC - Great Room\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filenames="iso" filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filenames="bdmv" filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filenames="m2ts" filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filenames="mkv" filetypes="mkv" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray AVI -->
<rule filenames="avi" filetypes="avi" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filenames="ts" filetypes="ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filenames="BD" name="D:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>
(2012-10-27, 20:13)Maiisoh Wrote: bluray,
OK, I gave up for now on PDVD12 and am now using TMT5. Got 7.1 HD audio to work. I am using your playercorefactory file from page 1 which I listed below. It works like it is supposed to with BluRays. When I play a DVD, it does not go to TMT5 but plays thru XBMC. Please show me what changes I need to make in the playercorefactory file to make this happen.
Thanks
I'm glad that you got most of everything working fine now. For DVD playback, you can replace the complicated rule (<rule filenames="BD" name="D:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Disc_Player"/>) with this simple rule instead (<rule player="Disc_Player"/>).....

[/quote]I'm glad that you got most of everything working fine now. For DVD playback, you can replace the complicated rule (<rule filenames="BD" name="D:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Disc_Player"/>) with this simple rule instead (<rule player="Disc_Player"/>).....

[/quote]

Thanks bluray, that did the trick. Have one more question. When TMT5 starts up after click Play Disc with the DVD in the drive. a small window pops up with a choise to open with TMT or open with WMC. Any way to keep the window from poping up and just automatically opening in TMT like blu rays do?
(2012-10-27, 23:29)Maiisoh Wrote: Thanks bluray, that did the trick. Have one more question. When TMT5 starts up after click Play Disc with the DVD in the drive. a small window pops up with a choise to open with TMT or open with WMC. Any way to keep the window from poping up and just automatically opening in TMT like blu rays do?
You can try to setup everything in Autoplay to Take No Action in Windows 7 control panel.....and set TMT5 to start playing in fullscreen...

I'm glad that everything is working okay for you.....Nod

• 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup13