• 63(current)
[WIP] Metropolis skin
(2012-10-18, 12:45)lopples Wrote: I'm not sure if this is the same issue... I have "prefer posters" enabled, but this means the poster is downloaded - not the banner? Or have I misunderstood?

Correct. That setting in TheTVDB.com Scraper causes it to fetch posters instead of banners. You might want to double-check that it is selected.

(2012-10-18, 12:45)lopples Wrote: Refreshing / Removing and re-adding does not seem to find the banner image, only reverting to the older version of the skin shows the banner. This is only for recently added TV shows since using the last few versions off GIT Hub. Perhaps the new skin version has had a directory change somewhere?

I didn't change anything with regard to the thumbnail it uses. It's using ListItem.Thumb, which XBMC handles internally. If it scraped a poster, it will return a poster. If it scraped a banner, it will return a banner. I'm not sure why you're seeing a difference between 1.9.2 and 1.9.5... there really shouldn't be.

One question.. do you have a textures.xbt in the media directory of the skin? The textures have changed, and I have seen odd behavior if this file isn't either updated to reflect the current state of the world or removed entirely. If it exists, you might try removing it.

For clarification about how banners and posters are handled in Metropolis: it assumes the scraped image (ListItem.thumb) is a poster. In banner views, it will look for banner.jpg in the TV Show's root folder if you have the option selected in the Metropolis settings. It will never use banner.jpg for the poster image. The only way a banner can be shown in the poster's place is if XBMC is returning a banner image in the ListItem.thumb. Make sure that option is selected (Settings->Metropolis->Scripts/Extras->Use 'banner.jpg' for Banner Views).
(2012-10-18, 13:13)thewarm Wrote: A polite request please...

I have my TV Shows display only "unwatched" episodes so I only see my newest recordings. I currently use the list view. This displays how many unwatched episodes are available. Since it is a new TV season, I have lots of recordings and would like to change to the gallery view. What seems redundant is the episode count... example: 3 episodes, 3 unwatched, 2 episodes, 2 unwatched... etc. Is it possible to either list all episodes (total) and the unwatched count? Or remove one of the entries? When I show "All Videos", the count is correct.

I know this is really nitpicking... but hey, everything else I want is already done!

It annoys me as well, but it's an issue with XBMC, not the skin. The total returned by XBMC is limited to what is actually visible. You should file a ticket on the XBMC Trac.
Here's another quick one for you...
In View Options/Show plot info... would it be possible to hide the info at the TV Show level, but display it at the Episode level? I use the list view for my TV Shows and some of the descriptions are very long winded! I've tried editing the descriptions in the local [undefined=undefined]tvshow.nfo[/undefined], but if I ever update via the internet, XBMC replaces the info from TVDB (and I don't think TVDB would like me editing the shows description... even if I could!).
My reason for this request is that I like a clean interface but still would like to see episode info without needing to hit the info button.

Thanks again for all of your fantastic work on this skin!
(2012-10-20, 14:12)thewarm Wrote: Here's another quick one for you...
In View Options/Show plot info... would it be possible to hide the info at the TV Show level, but display it at the Episode level? I use the list view for my TV Shows and some of the descriptions are very long winded!

Have you tried using the Plot Summary option? Does that not effectively give you what you want here (shorter plots in the views, with longer plot only shown in Info [if this option is also checked])?

(2012-10-20, 14:12)thewarm Wrote: I've tried editing the descriptions in the local [undefined=undefined]tvshow.nfo[/undefined], but if I ever update via the internet, XBMC replaces the info from TVDB

It does? I thought that was the point of adding an NFO -- it would use whatever you provided there instead of what it got back from the scraper. I could be wrong though, since I've never used this feature.

(2012-10-20, 14:12)thewarm Wrote: (and I don't think TVDB would like me editing the shows description... even if I could!).

Actually, you definitely can edit them, provided they are not locked. Someone else might come along and disagree with your edits, but you definitely can edit them Smile
(2012-10-18, 17:23)jingai Wrote: I didn't change anything with regard to the thumbnail it uses. It's using ListItem.Thumb, which XBMC handles internally. If it scraped a poster, it will return a poster. If it scraped a banner, it will return a banner. I'm not sure why you're seeing a difference between 1.9.2 and 1.9.5... there really shouldn't be.

One question.. do you have a textures.xbt in the media directory of the skin? The textures have changed, and I have seen odd behavior if this file isn't either updated to reflect the current state of the world or removed entirely. If it exists, you might try removing it.

For clarification about how banners and posters are handled in Metropolis: it assumes the scraped image (ListItem.thumb) is a poster. In banner views, it will look for banner.jpg in the TV Show's root folder if you have the option selected in the Metropolis settings. It will never use banner.jpg for the poster image. The only way a banner can be shown in the poster's place is if XBMC is returning a banner image in the ListItem.thumb. Make sure that option is selected (Settings->Metropolis->Scripts/Extras->Use 'banner.jpg' for Banner Views).

Thanks for the advice! I deleted the textures file, which helped somewhat, and then also deleted any existing images in my TV Shows directory and have started adding everything again from scratch with "Prefer Posters" enabled. And it's all working correctly (so far). Thanks again, and keep up the great work!
(2012-10-18, 13:13)thewarm Wrote: I have my TV Shows display only "unwatched" episodes so I only see my newest recordings. I currently use the list view. This displays how many unwatched episodes are available. Since it is a new TV season, I have lots of recordings and would like to change to the gallery view. What seems redundant is the episode count... example: 3 episodes, 3 unwatched, 2 episodes, 2 unwatched... etc. Is it possible to either list all episodes (total) and the unwatched count? Or remove one of the entries? When I show "All Videos", the count is correct.

I have finally fixed this. You'll see it soon. Smile
(2012-10-26, 23:48)jingai Wrote:
(2012-10-18, 13:13)thewarm Wrote: I have my TV Shows display only "unwatched" episodes so I only see my newest recordings. I currently use the list view. This displays how many unwatched episodes are available. Since it is a new TV season, I have lots of recordings and would like to change to the gallery view. What seems redundant is the episode count... example: 3 episodes, 3 unwatched, 2 episodes, 2 unwatched... etc. Is it possible to either list all episodes (total) and the unwatched count? Or remove one of the entries? When I show "All Videos", the count is correct.

Cool!
I was going to mention that I tried the ReFocusBIG skin and the gallery view worked correctly. BTW, I've been doing some tweaks to the Metropolis artwork... A while back, a request was made to make an on-screen dialog box smaller. I did one better by increasing the transparency of the panels. (Then compiled the artwork into my own custom xbt file).

This is an example

(2012-10-27, 16:11)thewarm Wrote: BTW, I've been doing some tweaks to the Metropolis artwork... A while back, a request was made to make an on-screen dialog box smaller. I did one better by increasing the transparency of the panels. (Then compiled the artwork into my own custom xbt file).

Well, this is a theme-specific thing. I'm not opposed to increasing the transparency of the dialog backgrounds, but you shouldn't need to edit the images themselves and recompile the XBT. You just need to adjust the first hex value in the theme file. For this, it's DialogBackgroundColor. Bear in mind that this affects a lot of other dialogs though:
  • Busy
  • Shutdown menu
  • Context menus
  • Keyboard/Numpad
  • OK/YesNo dialogs
  • video OSD dialogs (of course)

The question is, should we find a compromise (like b0) to make it look OK for all of these, or make the Video OSD dialogs use a separate background color than the rest (OSDSettingsBackgroundColor, or something like that)?
I went ahead and created a new color: OSDDialogBackgroundColor. It's used for the Video OSD dialogs and is more transparent.

I also moved DialogSlider (the one used for adjusting the audio offset) up by 10 pixels. Hopefully this makes everyone happy.

thewarm, if you're still pulling straight from github, you might want to check it out and see if you're happy with the amount of transparency. 2.0.0 is going to be released soon.
jingai

I was just tinkering around (for my own use) with some of the different things possible with this skin (a learning process)... There really is a lot of hard work that went into this skin!!!
BTW, where is the orange highlight for selected text on the home screen please? I wanted to try grey...

Thank you
(2012-10-27, 20:02)thewarm Wrote: BTW, where is the orange highlight for selected text on the home screen please? I wanted to try grey...

In colors/<theme>.xml, look for FocusBar.
Can you make it display numbers when adjusting the volume? Hope it's not too big of a request and thank you for continuing the development.
(2012-10-27, 20:30)Japaja Wrote: Can you make it display numbers when adjusting the volume? Hope it's not too big of a request and thank you for continuing the development.

Done Smile
wow Big Grin thanks
(2012-10-26, 23:48)jingai Wrote:

I also have TV shows set to display only "unwatched" and use Poster view. It now just shows the total count for all shows, can you correct it to show only the total unwatched. Thanks.
(2012-10-28, 00:05)Aenima99x Wrote: I also have TV shows set to display only "unwatched" and use Poster view. It now just shows the total count for all shows, can you correct it to show only the total unwatched. Thanks.

Basically I changed it so wherever it said "Episodes" it now shows the total, and wherever it said "Unwatched" it shows the number of unwatched episodes. This made sense to me.. but I see your point for views that don't show both.

I'll change it... I still am not sure that I was wrong in that decision, but.. I suppose until all views show both it's a decent compromise.

Can anyone think of a word besides "episodes" that indicates that the tally displayed is "number of episodes dependent on current watched filter?" Because it confused me when it was the way it was before.
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5