• 9(current)
[PATCH] Global AV delay support via advancedsettings.xml
meridius Wrote:sorry mate have not had the time to try this yet. is the linkabove to the new RC2 ? and your patch

It's RC2 (so patched for the bug) and has support for DTS-MA/TrueHD.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Hi,

Does anyone have a good clip or a good way to figure out exactly how much audio delay should be set? I have it now set to 250ms which is very close but not quite right. I could just play with different numbers till it is right...just wondering if anyone has a more precise solution to the problem.
This one's pretty clever as a method to determine sync in milliseconds: AV Sync Test
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Does he have a 23.976 file? All I see is 25fps?
WYSIWYG I'm afraid Wink Google did turn up quite a selection though.
Thanks, I'll have a look through google to find something similar Smile.
Since this fix is different from the original patch, has anyone changed their settings?

I was at 125 and I'm testing 150 right now. Going through a HK receiver.

a11599?
The patch has a different syntax and some code reshuffle, but does the same, so no adjustment is needed. I still use 125.
a11599

thanks for confirming what the behavior is exactly.

I hope that someday, someone integrates for example a game of pong in xbmc where we can dial in an audio offset.

In the calibration menu I mean. Smile
Hi, can someone help me out? I am using a delay of 125, option to sync to video is on, it is switching most video to 24hz, all movies blu ray rips, dvd rips, tv rips even (well accept ghost hunters for some reason is 60hz).

Most of my shows are going out of sync, starts off fine then gets worse as it goes along. If I use small step forward then back again it fixes it until it goes out of sync again.

I wouldn't even be using 24hz at all, but I have a new TV full HD this time instead of HD ready and on this one running vids at 60hz are all juddery. I've paid all this money out for a decent TV guys, what is going on here?
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
turn off the fancy effects on the new tv Smile
(2012-11-04, 03:43)davilla Wrote: turn off the fancy effects on the new tv Smile

All off.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
It seems that most USA shows are switching to 24hz and are having this weird sync issue. Why isn't xbmc putting these out at 50hz? Every time I select one of these shows, the sound starts before t he video and I have to use smal skip backward to get it in sync again. Then some of the shows then start gradually going out of sync until I use skip back then forward again.

Something is majorly broken here guys.
If you want them displayed at 50hz, then change your desktop refresh rate to 50hz and switch off refresh rate changer, everything will then be played back at 50hz.
I noticed that my subtitles are off sync when I use the advancedsettings in this thread.
It turns out that you are in fact delaying the video, not the audio.

So you shift the video over by 200ms, then your audio is in sync, but the subtitles are off by 200ms *facepalm*

Is there any way to delay the subtitles as well?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Global AV delay support via advancedsettings.xml2