• 64(current)
[WIP] Metropolis skin
(2012-10-27, 20:14)jingai Wrote:
(2012-10-27, 20:02)thewarm Wrote: BTW, where is the orange highlight for selected text on the home screen please? I wanted to try grey...

In colors/<theme>.xml, look for FocusBar.
Thank you!

Thought I'd throw in one last question... Where is the size of the time/playing text at the top of the OSD set? Can it be changed to a smaller font?
This is a fabulous skin and I am loving it! One very minor thing seems to be missing, probably because PVR Support for timeshifting is so new.

There seems to be no method to timeshift (skip ahead or skip back) when viewing a paused live TV stream. I am using Media Portal for the back end and it does work when using the Confluence Skin.

If this is already on the list, Just consider this a bump.

Thanks again for a fantastic skin!
-ken Z-
(2012-11-04, 04:30)kzeleny Wrote: There seems to be no method to timeshift (skip ahead or skip back) when viewing a paused live TV stream. I am using Media Portal for the back end and it does work when using the Confluence Skin.

Unfortunately, the primary developers of the skin don't use the PVR stuff so it's difficult for us to debug this. dekani added the PVR support for Metropolis, but I haven't heard from him in a couple months now.
(2012-11-04, 06:03)jingai Wrote:
(2012-11-04, 04:30)kzeleny Wrote: There seems to be no method to timeshift (skip ahead or skip back) when viewing a paused live TV stream. I am using Media Portal for the back end and it does work when using the Confluence Skin.

Unfortunately, the primary developers of the skin don't use the PVR stuff so it's difficult for us to debug this. dekani added the PVR support for Metropolis, but I haven't heard from him in a couple months now.

I modded the VideoOSD.xml file to add the functions (used confluence as reference) .

Here is the new Live TV Section if you want to include it,

<!-- LiveTV OSD -->
<control type="group">
<visible>VideoPlayer.Content(LiveTV)</visible>
<include>Animation_OpenCloseFade</include>
<include>Animation_FadedByOSDSettings</include>
<include>OSD_Progress_Bar2</include>
<include>OSD_Player_Details</include>

<control type="grouplist" id="2002">
<posx>292</posx>
<posy>650</posy>
<width>775</width>
<itemgap>5</itemgap>
<orientation>horizontal</orientation>
<onleft>121</onleft>
<onright>100</onright>
<onup>Close</onup>
<ondown>Close</ondown>
<control type="button" id="100">
<description>Previous Channel</description>
<include>Animation_ButtonFocus</include>
<height>60</height>
<width>60</width>
<texturefocus>osd/osd_button_channel_previous_fo.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>osd/osd_button_channel_previous_nf.png</texturenofocus>
<onclick>PlayerControl(Previous)</onclick>
</control>
<control type="button" id="101">
<description>Next Channel</description>
<height>60</height>
<width>60</width>
<texturefocus>osd/osd_button_channel_next_fo.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>osd/osd_button_channel_next_nf.png</texturenofocus>
<onclick>PlayerControl(Next)</onclick>
</control>
<control type="button" id="105">
<description>Telext</description>
<height>60</height>
<width>60</width>
<texturefocus>osd/osd_button_teletext_fo.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>osd/osd_button_teletext_nf.png</texturenofocus>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Teletext)</onclick>
</control>
<control type="button" id="106">
<description>OSD EPG</description>
<height>60</height>
<width>60</width>
<texturefocus>osd/osd_button_epg_fo.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>osd/osd_button_epg_nf.png</texturenofocus>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(PVROSDGuide)</onclick>
</control>
<control type="button" id="107">
<description>OSD Channel</description>
<height>60</height>
<width>60</width>
<texturefocus>osd/osd_button_channels_fo.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>osd/osd_button_channels_nf.png</texturenofocus>
<font>METF_PVRChannelList</font>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)</onclick>
</control>
<control type="button" id="115">
<description>Skip Back</description>
<height>60</height>
<width>60</width>
<texturefocus>osd/osd_button_rew_fo.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>osd/osd_button_rew_nf.png</texturenofocus>
<onclick>XBMC.PlayerControl(Rewind)</onclick>
<enable>Player.SeekEnabled</enable>
</control>
<control type="button" id="110">
<description>Stop</description>
<height>60</height>
<width>60</width>
<texturefocus>osd/osd_button_stop_fo.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>osd/osd_button_stop_nf.png</texturenofocus>
<onclick>PlayerControl(stop)</onclick>
</control>
<control type="togglebutton" id="4">
<description>Play</description>
<height>60</height>
<width>60</width>
<texturefocus>osd/osd_button_pause_fo.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>osd/osd_button_pause_nf.png</texturenofocus>
<usealttexture>Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding</usealttexture>
<alttexturefocus>osd/osd_button_play_fo.png</alttexturefocus>
<alttexturenofocus>osd/osd_button_play_nf.png</alttexturenofocus>
<disabledcolor>-</disabledcolor>
<colordiffuse>-</colordiffuse>
<onclick>PlayerControl(play)</onclick>
</control>
<control type="button" id="114">
<description>Skip Ahead</description>
<height>60</height>
<width>60</width>
<texturefocus>osd/osd_button_ff_fo.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>osd/osd_button_ff_nf.png</texturenofocus>
<onclick>XBMC.PlayerControl(Forward)</onclick>
<enable>Player.SeekEnabled</enable>
</control>
<control type="button" id="112">
<description>Record</description>
<height>60</height>
<width>60</width>
<texturefocus>osd/osd_button_record_off_fo.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>osd/osd_button_record_off_nf.png</texturenofocus>
<onclick>XBMC.PlayerControl(record)</onclick>
<enable>Player.CanRecord</enable>
<visible>Player.CanRecord + !Player.Recording</visible>
</control>
<control type="button" id="113">
<description>Record</description>
<height>60</height>
<width>60</width>
<texturefocus>osd/osd_button_record_on_fo.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>osd/osd_button_record_on_nf.png</texturenofocus>
<onclick>XBMC.PlayerControl(record)</onclick>
<enable>Player.CanRecord</enable>
<visible>Player.CanRecord + Player.Recording</visible>
</control>
<control type="button" id="120">
<description>Video Settings</description>
<height>60</height>
<width>60</width>
<texturefocus>osd/osd_button_settings_fo.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>osd/osd_button_settings_nf.png</texturenofocus>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(osdvideosettings)</onclick>
</control>
<control type="button" id="121">
<description>audio Settings</description>
<height>60</height>
<width>60</width>
<texturefocus>osd/osd_button_audio_fo.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>osd/osd_button_audio_nf.png</texturenofocus>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(osdaudiosettings)</onclick>
</control>
</control>
</control>

-ken Z-
So.. it's just control IDs 114 and 115 correct?
(2012-11-05, 16:58)jingai Wrote: So.. it's just control IDs 114 and 115 correct?

Yep thats it. Pretty simple mod.

-ken Z-
Ok, added and pushed up.
Did someone remove the "Update" command from the "Movies" and "TV Shows" submenus? It seems to be missing for me, for a day or so now.
(2012-11-20, 01:24)DurhamDev Wrote: Did someone remove the "Update" command from the "Movies" and "TV Shows" submenus? It seems to be missing for me, for a day or so now.

Probably you hid the Settings item from the Main Menu. See here.
(2012-11-20, 02:20)jingai Wrote: Probably you hid the Settings item from the Main Menu. See here.

That's ... interesting. I believe I hid settings a while back, but I could have sworn that I had "Update Library" up to yesterday.

Next question - what's the logic behind that change? I certainly don't want my kids to access "Settings" from the main menu, however, I would like for them to have the ability to update the library when new videos come available. A single update doesn't do anything malicious, and certainly doesn't have the strength of opening the entire "Settings" section...
(2012-11-20, 02:29)DurhamDev Wrote: Next question - what's the logic behind that change? I certainly don't want my kids to access "Settings" from the main menu, however, I would like for them to have the ability to update the library when new videos come available. A single update doesn't do anything malicious, and certainly doesn't have the strength of opening the entire "Settings" section...

Well, my logic was that updating the library is a change to the database. It shouldn't be destructive, but it could be if you're playing with nightlies like I do frequently. I was originally thinking that someone that wanted to hide the Settings item probably wanted to prevent all changes (with the exception of what the Kiosk mode prevents).

That said, I did change this. It just didn't make the official release of 2.0.0 because no one complained about it during the beta.
(2012-11-20, 02:59)jingai Wrote: That said, I did change this. It just didn't make the official release of 2.0.0 because no one complained about it during the beta.

Sooo - it's changed to the smart "you can update if you'd like!" or the "I didn't ask, and made a judgment call, you can't update - ha ha ha!" solution? Which one is it, and is there a possibility we can open a discussion on why the update 'should be' available?

Please - I'm asking seriously. There is no logic I can understand which tells me that I need to press a whole host of buttons to update my library manually (S, go into settings, video menu, update, then exit) versus doing it from the main menu. Sure, I've got it set on a timer every four hours, but I have movies and tv shows coming in multiple times daily. It makes it a lot easier to have that available.
(2012-11-20, 03:46)DurhamDev Wrote:
(2012-11-20, 02:59)jingai Wrote: That said, I did change this. It just didn't make the official release of 2.0.0 because no one complained about it during the beta.

Sooo - it's changed to the smart "you can update if you'd like!" or the "I didn't ask, and made a judgment call, you can't update - ha ha ha!" solution? Which one is it, and is there a possibility we can open a discussion on why the update 'should be' available?

Huh? I make lots of judgement calls, but that's why we had it in beta for so long. I was simply saying it didn't make the release because no one complained until after the release.

There really is no reason to get snarky about it. I wasn't deliberately trying to ruin your day when I made that change. You can update if you feel like pulling it in manually. But otherwise we're kind of restricted on how often we can request official releases (due to the size of skins).

(2012-11-20, 03:46)DurhamDev Wrote: Please - I'm asking seriously. There is no logic I can understand which tells me that I need to press a whole host of buttons to update my library manually (S, go into settings, video menu, update, then exit) versus doing it from the main menu. Sure, I've got it set on a timer every four hours, but I have movies and tv shows coming in multiple times daily. It makes it a lot easier to have that available.

For now, you can choose to not hide Settings, or you can wait until the next release. I am not sure what you expect me to do for you right this second. You can always pull the skin straight from the github repo if you want to get the change right now, but if you're not familiar with that then you'll just have to wait.
I wasn't trying to be snarky - nor was I asking for anything immediately. Sorry if I miscommunicated my fun nature in the form of rudeness. I do appreciate the work done - it's my new favourite skin. It just ... surprised me, that's all.
Hello,

I have a question regarding the certification labels. I have always used EMM to scrape my media. I have recently switched to MediaElch. After scrapping my media with MediaElch i noticed that the cert labels were all showing an NR. In further research i see that EMM was using IMDB to scrape the cert field and MediaElch is using TMDB. In searching through the skin i found that it searches that field for something like "left ("rated R")" or something like that. But TMDB only returns a "R" for the ratings with makes the label default to NR. Is there a way to have the label appear for both "Rated R" and "R"? That is just an example and i hope that i am clear in what i am describing. Anyways...great work with the skin...by far the most fabulous skin around.

Michael
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5