Changing channels = buffering
If I change channels while already watching another channel more often than not I get a buffering message. Sometimes it will go away and the channel will work, other times I get audio only. Sometimes nothing at all.

If I press stop before changing channels everything works fine.
I have the same problem with NPVR if I choose some decoders ie LAV. ffdshow works fine though.

Does anyone else have this problem?
I have two hauppauge wintv hvr-1250 tuners.
Same here.
I am unable to switch between channels directly.
Furthermore some channels will just show "buffering" message and nothing happens.
Third thing is the spinning loading screen where nothing happens. When i press stop XBMC freezes.
Hmm, maybe see if this update helps: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?5...post444915
The update seems to have fixed it. As long as I have time shifting enabled the channel changing works.
You are right! the NShared.dll patch was missing for me, not it really works as far as i tested! Smile
One question for timeshifting. When i pause and resume after half a minute, it works perfectly! Then i approach an ad and would like to fast forward the timeshift file. Is this possible?
Using "right" to jump 30 seconds does not work. So i used fast-forward which results in a choppy frame by frame view.

I think timeshifting is too new for this, hm? Smile
Awesome work @ all!
Sorry, I'm not understanding something.... where do I put NShared.dll?
Supporter of all things Linux, Android, XBMC and NextPVR
(2012-11-04, 19:36)jkrellner Wrote: Sorry, I'm not understanding something.... where do I put NShared.dll?

Npvr folder under program files. You will have to overwrite the existing file.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2012-11-04, 20:56)bry- Wrote:
(2012-11-04, 19:36)jkrellner Wrote: Sorry, I'm not understanding something.... where do I put NShared.dll?

Npvr folder under program files. You will have to overwrite the existing file.

Thanks. Strangely, I still don't get TimeShift on LiveTV -- though I did check the box in the addon settings.
If you can post your xbmc.log, I'll check.
(2012-11-05, 17:52)sub3 Wrote: If you can post your xbmc.log, I'll check.

Will do. I'll post it tonight!
Here's my xbmc.log. After starting LiveTV, I tried several times to pause, skip ahead and skip back. All of which were unresponsive.

http://pastebin.com/YJZEwzcw
You'll need to enable debug logging in Settings -> System -> Debugging, then post the logs again.
Sorry about that... here's the full xbmc.log:

File is too big for pastebin, so I put it in my Skydrive... https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=BD...35184!1763

A funny thing happened. I hit pause a few times, as well as the left and right arrow. When I pressed the up arrow, the video froze and rebuffered. Not sure what it was trying to do there....
Thanks - though I found I cant tell from that log. Can you also post your NextPVR web.log file?
sub3, sounds like the demuxer is not able to get properties of video stream (no SPS). Do you send an I frame as first packet after a channel change?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing channels = buffering0