• 266(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
Hey Angelscry. I'm trying to setup Playstation 2 and Dreamcast launchers. OS is Win7 got the latest Frodo svn and running PCSX2 and NullDC. Well both systems run fine except for exiting both emus. I compiled the Aoutoit script as shown on the tutorial page for pcsx2 but it won't launch the emu. All it does is close XBMC. Well my question is, could u make a script for both emus that just exit them on ESC without starting the exit/launch XBMC loop?

Thanks.
(2012-11-03, 20:04)Compizfox Wrote: When adding a launcher, there are now sources/folders in the popup.
I read about adding a source in the File Manager but that doesn't have any effect. Also, it is completely empty, my SMB and NFS shares aren't in it to.
You need to add your SMB and NFS shares as sources using the file manager (using Add Source option) to be able to see them into the file manager and then browser them into Advanced Launcher. If you are not able to add and see your SMB and NFS shares into the file manager, so this is a problem related to XBMC or to your system.

(2012-11-04, 03:11)kamikaze7100 Wrote: Hey Angelscry. I'm trying to setup Playstation 2 and Dreamcast launchers. OS is Win7 got the latest Frodo svn and running PCSX2 and NullDC. Well both systems run fine except for exiting both emus. I compiled the Aoutoit script as shown on the tutorial page for pcsx2 but it won't launch the emu. All it does is close XBMC. Well my question is, could u make a script for both emus that just exit them on ESC without starting the exit/launch XBMC loop?Thanks.
No it's not possible. The While loop is needed by the script to exit PCSX2 or NullDC with the ESC key. If the autoit script do not start PCSX2, it could be related to the fact that the PCSX2 version number or the PCSX2 path indicated into the Run() function is not the good one.
Thanks for the info. What about AutoHotkey? If I'm not mistaken Hyperspin was able to close pcsx2 without having to restart the frontend.
(2012-11-05, 03:53)kamikaze7100 Wrote: Thanks for the info. What about AutoHotkey? If I'm not mistaken Hyperspin was able to close pcsx2 without having to restart the frontend.
If you do not want to close/restart XBMC, you just have to remove the corresponding lines from the script.

Code:
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")
If $CmdLine[0] == 1 Then
    Run ( '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Pcsx2-r4496\pcsx2.exe" --nogui --fullscreen "' & $CmdLine[1] & '"', "C:\Program Files (x86)\Pcsx2-r4496\" )
    While 1
        Sleep(100)
    WEnd
EndIf
Func Terminate()
    ProcessClose ( "pcsx2.exe" )
    Exit 0
EndFunc
Hello,

i recently downloaded the addon and it's great! Btw i get an error when i try to launch applications located on my external hard drive, viable through DLNA
I get the error: "script not executed!: addon.py"

The same applications installed locally and launched with the addon work perfectly. Obviously the remote applications launched manually work correctly.

Any hints?

Thx in advance and sry for bad english.

p.s. Win7, xbmc release Eden 11.0 and Advanced Launcher 1.10.6
Hi Guys,

It has been a while since i messed with Advance Launcher and wanted to ask ....

I currently have advance launcher configured to run my comic book collection which works great - I want to now port over my games (roms) to XBMC - At the time when i set this all up in order to do so with Advance Launcher you needed to install a new version in a new directory etc ... there were a few steps to do so ... before i go digging through the forum for that post just wanted to post a quick check ... is this still the case?

Running XBMC Eden
win7

Many Thanks in advance ...
(2012-11-05, 21:51)GM82 Wrote: Hello,

i recently downloaded the addon and it's great! Btw i get an error when i try to launch applications located on my external hard drive, viable through DLNA
I get the error: "script not executed!: addon.py"

The same applications installed locally and launched with the addon work perfectly. Obviously the remote applications launched manually work correctly.

Any hints?

Thx in advance and sry for bad english.

p.s. Win7, xbmc release Eden 11.0 and Advanced Launcher 1.10.6
It is not possible to start applications through DLNA. DLNA is mostly dedicated to read or share multimedia files, not to start applications. BTW, starting applications installed on external drive is relatively limited :
  • Application must be installed on a same OS than the XBMC device
  • Application must be into portable version
  • XBMC device must have necessary ressources (graphic, memory, audio, etc...) to run the application.

(2012-11-06, 00:02)dugan26 Wrote: Hi Guys,

It has been a while since i messed with Advance Launcher and wanted to ask ....

I currently have advance launcher configured to run my comic book collection which works great - I want to now port over my games (roms) to XBMC - At the time when i set this all up in order to do so with Advance Launcher you needed to install a new version in a new directory etc ... there were a few steps to do so ... before i go digging through the forum for that post just wanted to post a quick check ... is this still the case?

Running XBMC Eden
win7

Many Thanks in advance ...
Yes it still the case. You just have to dublicate the Advanced Launcher installation (with a sufficiant differente name) and to edit files to take into account the duplicate name (with a text editor supporting UTF8 format). Here is a small tutorial : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gMFJcxdcEg

Thanks - got the roms working on my test box - they look fantastic! thanks for all your hard work on this (and the support).
(2012-11-06, 13:45)Angelscry Wrote: It is not possible to start applications through DLNA. DLNA is mostly dedicated to read or share multimedia files, not to start applications. BTW, starting applications installed on external drive is relatively limited :
  • Application must be installed on a same OS than the XBMC device
  • Application must be into portable version
  • XBMC device must have necessary ressources (graphic, memory, audio, etc...) to run the application.
Hi,

i don't understand why isn't possible. If i start manually through Windows the application located on external hard drive in DLNA (i tested with Ccleaner and SimCIty for do a very different test) and it work, i think that would be possible through XBMC, no?
Thinking about that, i try to create a link (.lnk) on my desktop at that applications and launching the link with Advanced Launcher:
It work!

So thanks for the great addon and fast support.

(2012-11-06, 22:09)GM82 Wrote: i don't understand why isn't possible. If i start manually through Windows the application located on external hard drive in DLNA (i tested with Ccleaner and SimCIty for do a very different test) and it work, i think that would be possible through XBMC, no?
Thinking about that, i try to create a link (.lnk) on my desktop at that applications and launching the link with Advanced Launcher:
It work!
Using .lnk files, you tell Advanced Launcher to use Windows to start an application. So that's Windows that manage the support of DLNA. This is a little different than telling Advanced Launcher to directly start an application (through command line that do not support DLNA). Wink

Hi, Advanced Launcher was working relatively fine for me until last night. Today I was adding some more roms and got errors right after trying to download a thumbnail:

Here are the logs: (the good stuff seems to be towards the end)
http://pastebin.com/AnBBZA6b

Nothing has changed since then. Any ideas?

My specs:
XBMC Eden
Windows XP Service Pack 2 (Limited User)
1GB RAM
Nevermind my previous post. It now works again, miraculously.

On another note, how come "delete" doesn't really delete? I mean, it removes it form the list, but as soon as I do another scan, it brings back the items. (It seems like the roms I have, are bundling hack games?) =/
(2012-11-08, 23:21)sam3k Wrote: Hi, Advanced Launcher was working relatively fine for me until last night. Today I was adding some more roms and got errors right after trying to download a thumbnail:

Here are the logs: (the good stuff seems to be towards the end)
http://pastebin.com/AnBBZA6b

Nothing has changed since then. Any ideas?

My specs:
XBMC Eden
Windows XP Service Pack 2 (Limited User)
1GB RAM
According to your log file, Advanced Launcher is not able to acces Z:\Games\N64\Roms\Thumbnails\. Are you sure that this folder was accessible to the XBMC user? Seems that it is a locally mounted directory (from external or network drive). Are you sure this drive was well mounted when you wanted to access it? Does the XBMC user have the read/write autorization on this folder?

(2012-11-09, 03:35)sam3k Wrote: Nevermind my previous post. It now works again, miraculously.

On another note, how come "delete" doesn't really delete? I mean, it removes it form the list, but as soon as I do another scan, it brings back the items. (It seems like the roms I have, are bundling hack games?) =/
The delete option only delete launchers or items entries from Advanced Launcher, not files. Advanced Launcher is not a roms manager, it is a application/file launcher. By "bundling hack games" do you mean that you did not own the original games !!!! Undecided

@ dugan 26 & angelscry : I tried again to get my comics via AL but am not succeeding ... but what would you suggest ...
I have comics ---> Marvel & DC ---- Marvel has --X-Men ---inside all the cbr /cbz files , Wolverine, Spiderman, Fear Itself / Civil War ..., similarly DC have Batman / Action Comics/ Superman /Infinite Crises/ new 52 in theor own folders and then cbr/cbz.
What i have done is put a folder.jpg & fanart for each parent folder .
Can you please guide me on how to get all these ( about 2000 ) comics all scraped via AL ( i have them already scraped via comicvine using comicrack .. which i intend to use via AL ).
Is it possible for just 1 instance of AL to scrape & manage all these different comics ?
Would I need a seperate instance of AL for each individual Comic Character e.g Batman / X-men etc ..
how many instances of AL can be used simultaneously
Could there be any other way Angelscry to do this .. you were thinking uptil recently to create an addon for comics itself ?
I am determined this time to do this once & for All so Please Please help ..
Dugan if you have a setup working well for comics please you could help guide me as well
  • 266(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24